The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

30 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I’m not comparing Hughes or Pettersens play to Tryamkins.. but you clearly you have “entitlement” issues with this player..  but you feel Hughes and Pettersen haven’t been offered the same as Tryamkin has been in the past?

You want him to go to the AHL to prove a point that is meaningless..

Tryamkin is an NHL ready player.

He has proved it.. sorry.

Get over your cliche’ick old school hockey program Rob,. there’s holes in your game.

It will be 2020 soon.

Time to catch up.

ps. This NHL Organization signed his contract and with all probability will be signing his next one..

So if your saying the Canucks are somewhat insane to sign him,.  You might want to go over your program.

You and I see this differently.   Significantly differently.   So go ahead and keep at it, won't change my mind.

I saw him as a peripheral NHL player with certainly the potential to become a very good NHL player - but also a need to work on many things to get there.   I don't think the KHL has gotten him there.   You disagree.   World will keep spinning.

I would certainly sign him but never with any clause saying he cannot be sent to the minors for conditioning or any other reason.   Nope, would never do that.

Old school - that's kinda cute.  I get accused of the exact opposite on the job so I will cherish that!

Cheers   :)

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Sorry Rob

I do not think you are right in terms that if he is given a 1 way deal...…...that is a negotiation, and one that is done by Benning and Tryamkin's team. I believe that "IF" Tryamkin does sign, it will because Benning has had scouts watching him and they have confirmed, that in their opinion he is able to play at NHL speed. If that happens than that is a risk they are willing to accept. It is no worst than having MDZ and Pouliot play up because Benning was worried that they would be scooped up during waivers, so even if they did have a 2 way, it acted as a 1 way...……...the fact is, Benning has a much better feel for this, then us. If he feels uneasy, there will be no contract offered. (Gradin, and others probably had a box at Tryamkin's home arena - joke , but seriously, I think it is a non-factor in reality)

And also, with the deepest respect, the KHL's top end is probably higher skilled than the AHL, and the speed issue is a non-factor...….this is 2019 and a lot of Russians, that say don't have the greatest IQ, can still skate fast......At least, the in the U17 and the U20 tourn'ies I have been at, they probably have skated faster than the Canadians as a whole.

I suspect, it will be a 2 year bridge deal, with an out for both teams, which is why I am leaning to a 3.5 Million per,  2 year deal. (if he comes this summer, it will be 4 M, so that they pay him (yeah right - Diamond) back for the buy out.

In the end......it's good to hear from Tryamkin's agent. It does give us info..aka.Jimbo and Nikita talking as much as they did. And that there is more than just an Off chance he comes back.

We disagree on this one Jan.   As for his agent, doing his job.    

Cheers

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Nope - I think he will have lost his NHL conditioning that we finally got in his last 30 games or so.   I also think the Canucks are a much better team in general than the one he left and gifting a spot to him would be silly.

Boy, Rob

I don't know...I get what you mean, but at the same time......the Canucks had better have been scouting him big time, especially since he came to Camp so out of shape last time.

I think it is probably more of a gentlemen's agreement with Diamond and Tryamkin, that he is in North America by summer to play in the conditioning leagues and he probably will also be gifted a summer pass at Garry Roberts conditioning camp...….my bet is he comes in at 198 lbs and has to gain weight....lol

And to your point...….he had better!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

You and I see this differently.   Significantly differently.   So go ahead and keep at it, won't change my mind.

I saw him as a peripheral NHL player with certainly the potential to become a very good NHL player - but also a need to work on many things to get there.   I don't think the KHL has gotten him there.   You disagree.   World will keep spinning.

I would certainly sign him but never with any clause saying he cannot be sent to the minors for conditioning or any other reason.   Nope, would never do that.

Old school - that's kinda cute.  I get accused of the exact opposite on the job so I will cherish that!

Cheers   :)

Rob

A question that you are better to answer than I

Doesn't an NHL contract have an out in it call breach of contract? And could not fitness be part of it?

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I see a gifted athlete that has struggled to make the commitment necessary to be elite.   Perhaps he has matured and can do that now....perhaps.  I also sense a strong family commitment from the guy (kudos to him), and unless his wife is on board this time - he will always have one foot out the door.

Big guy.   Talented.   Good skater.    Needs to eat some humble pie and accept whatever happens in North America and EARN it.   He may well come back and be a star - but he needs to come back without conditions or attitude or it just won't happen.    You say the KHL elite talent is just as good as AHL?....doubt IK would have led AHL in scoring this year like he did KHL last year.   

I can live with the above statement...…..

Q.........….Ahl………..you think Radulov would do ok in the A?

Edited by janisahockeynut
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I see a gifted athlete that has struggled to make the commitment necessary to be elite.   Perhaps he has matured and can do that now....perhaps.  I also sense a strong family commitment from the guy (kudos to him), and unless his wife is on board this time - he will always have one foot out the door.

Big guy.   Talented.   Good skater.    Needs to eat some humble pie and accept whatever happens in North America and EARN it.   He may well come back and be a star - but he needs to come back without conditions or attitude or it just won't happen.    You say the KHL elite talent is just as good as AHL?....doubt IK would have led AHL in scoring this year like he did KHL last year.   

Some posters also need to eat “Humble Pie” and accept that some players walk with swagger..

• Cheers 1

PS......I get why you feel the way you do Rob regarding Tryamkin, and have no qualms with your position...…….as always, I appreciate your insight...….

We just see Tryamkin a little differently, as I know you know this...……...but I sure hope, he comes back, and I hope you don't have to say I told you so!

2 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Speaking about Humble Pie......here is hoping that Tryamkin just leaves the pie alone

I’m just happy to here Niks agent say that all possibilities exist, and that he does eye a return to the NHL.

my fingers are crossed for sooner than later.. he is an exciting player, and he is a Canuck.

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, canuckledraggin said:

Needs time to adjust to the speed of the NHL. Therefore play him in the AHL smh. He has played 79 games in the NHL and he's 24 years old. You think the NHL has changed enough in the last 2 years that he forgot how to play?

Explain then why SHL is 20% and KHL  60% better than Ahl regarding points. 

If players are so much better in par example KHL, why should they go through AHL? 

The biggest reason I can think of is I've size. Players may need to adjust to the quickness of response needed to play an effective game.

For Tryamkin however I think the smaller ice would improve his game, basically he takes up more of the ice and his job is to get in the way of plays

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Todd Diamond (Tryamkin's agent) on Sportsnet 650:

"Nikita had a solid season, the team in Russia performed extremely well in the KHL. His numbers were down, but his games shouldn't be defined by goals and assists."

"I don't think he struggled. His ice time was a minute less than it was last year, but it was a deeper team. They were trying to accomplish a lot this year."

"We discussed a return to the NHL not too recently. I believe there is interest for him to come back. He wasn't as mature as he is now. Hopefully, he will come back to the NHL shortly."

"Nikita has a year remaining on his KHL contract, so a return this offseason would be hasty. However, Benning is in contact every few weeks/months."

"Nikita can bring a dimension that many NHL clubs are missing. A mobile defenseman who can intimidate and open space. He can make a number 1 defenseman's job a lot easier."

"The player has improved, I don't think the condition that he will not play in the AHL has changed. He has shown that he can play at the NHL level. The AHL is not a factor in the conversation."

I can accept that there are different opinions on this issue, but here is mine. This is a player we should be taking a chance on and make him a good offer, accept the no AHL condition. He is either going to be a 2nd or 3rd pairing defenceman, either way is fine. We need the size and presence, I really don't see a big risk here but the upside is 6'7" of, I'll put guys on their butts every fracking shift. I say qualify Goldy, try and sign Panarin and bring back the Tram train.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Explain then why SHL is 20% and KHL  60% better than Ahl regarding points. 

If players are so much better in par example KHL, why should they go through AHL? 

83% of the player pool for the NHL this season came from the A.   The NHL is hands down the best league in the world and it is overwhelming fed by the A.   You are underselling the A.

1 hour ago, samurai said:

83% of the player pool for the NHL this season came from the A.   The NHL is hands down the best league in the world and it is overwhelming fed by the A.   You are underselling the A.

AHL is a developmental league.  KHL is a professional league.  So the young players in the AHL are better, but KHL has more top end talent...  guys that have had a cup of tea in the NHL and decided to make more money then they could in the AHL and play in Europe. 

I'm not saying that the average KHL team would beat an average AHL team or vice versa, but I don't buy the argument that one league is much better then the other.  

So I guess me and you might be agreeing here.  

13 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

AHL is a developmental league.  KHL is a professional league.  So the young players in the AHL are better, but KHL has more top end talent...  guys that have had a cup of tea in the NHL and decided to make more money then they could in the AHL and play in Europe. 

I'm not saying that the average KHL team would beat an average AHL team or vice versa, but I don't buy the argument that one league is much better then the other.  

So I guess me and you might be agreeing here.  

The A is a pro league - players are paid.   

Glad to hear there's dialogue between JB and the Tryamkin camp. We are rooting for him to win, well most of us, because I believe he has matured and taken the fitness advice to heart. And he has been very coachable, staying in the mold they're utilizing him in as a stay at home defenceman. Which would compliment Hughes style. As they were getting knocked out these last 2 games Try looked the most composed and kept his compete level up when many players looked overwhelmed. 

• Upvote 4