The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

4 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Biega's one way deal has nothing to do with whether he is better than Tryamkin or not. It has everything to do with compensating a player for his exceptional dedication, character and work ethic even though for many years he was a healthy scratch and sat out. Biega has that in spades and is an excellent role model for others around him. Tryamkin has not demonstrated those characteristics at all.

I believe you are right about the reason for Biega's one-way deal, since when he got it he was considered to be a borderline AHL/NHL level player. Tram, however, has already demonstrated that he is full time NHL quality. As his agent points out, the AHL is not even in the conversation at this time.

There is no chance that the Canucks would even offer him a 2-way contract. If he is out of shape, they could send him to Utica for a conditioning stint and he would go. The AHL out clause was in his entry level contract because as an ELC, it was 2-way. His next NHL contract will be one-way. IMO.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Honestly, I’m not sure, without going through the CBA a bit, which I don’t have time for today.

But I suspect the Dec 1 deadline (to file a contract with Central Registry) might apply for this season.

And potentially also waivers, as far a joining the NHL after being in the KHL in the same season (I think that part is in Article 13–like with O’Reilly and the Flames fiasco).

In any case, I doubt we see Tryamkin coming mid-season. If he comes back, the arrangement will almost certainly happen during the off season.

EDIT: actually, waivers shouldn’t be needed mid-season, with us already holding the rights.

EDIT2: and potentially the O’Reilly thing means that Tryamkin could come back this season, after mutually terminating contract, as O’Reilly came back in February after ending his KHL deal.

Sorry I can’t be more help. 

no worries, its a really weird situation, no one seems all that sure on Nik's status. I did have a chat with the guys at cap friendly and they did finally changed Niks status to being a free agent at 27, so at least thats settled. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

no worries, its a really weird situation, no one seems all that sure on Nik's status. I did have a chat with the guys at cap friendly and they did finally changed Niks status to being a free agent at 27, so at least thats settled. 

Thanks a lot, I liked it better when we owned his rights indefinitely. Whose side are you on? Lol.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Biega's one way deal has nothing to do with whether he is better than Tryamkin or not. It has everything to do with compensating a player for his exceptional dedication, character and work ethic even though for many years he was a healthy scratch and sat out. Biega has that in spades and is an excellent role model for others around him. Tryamkin has not demonstrated those characteristics at all.

46 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

I believe you are right about the reason for Biega's one-way deal, since when he got it he was considered to be a borderline AHL/NHL level player. Tram, however, has already demonstrated that he is full time NHL quality. As his agent points out, the AHL is not even in the conversation at this time.

There is no chance that the Canucks would even offer him a 2-way contract. If he is out of shape, they could send him to Utica for a conditioning stint and he would go. The AHL out clause was in his entry level contract because as an ELC, it was 2-way. His next NHL contract will be one-way. IMO.

I think that there is one more reason for Biega's one way deal. At the time of signing, he was pencilled in as a #7/8 NHL dman or an AHL veteran leader. ( he has played far more than expected ). I think the Canucks felt that a one way contract for 2 years would discourage others from picking him up if we put him on waivers to get him to Utica.

I don't think Tryamkin would ever see time in Utica. He puts bums in seats and is at worst a solid 3rd pairing NHL dman.

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, stawns said:

I wouldn't say he was one of the better dmen.....he fell somewhere in the middle of the pack, imo 

thats what i meant, he defintely wasn't the worst or even 2nd worst. We sure as hell could've needed him this year thats for sure considering the garbage the Canucks have been trotting out there on the blue line

• Upvote 4

On 3/22/2019 at 3:52 PM, janisahockeynut said:

Rob

A question that you are better to answer than I

Doesn't an NHL contract have an out in it call breach of contract? And could not fitness be part of it?

Each contract is different.   This thread can go on and on and on.....Canucks just sent a better player in Guddy out of town and now think this guy two years removed from NHL and who has at times been benched in KHL needs to be given an assured spot in the line up?   Not going to happen.   

On 3/22/2019 at 3:59 PM, SilentSam said:

Some posters also need to eat “Humble Pie” and accept that some players walk with swagger..

You mean those who keep thinking this big Russian is a lock for the NHL when he was benched in KHL?   Look, the kid has potential but he isn't as good as Guddy and look how few in Vancouver we keen on him (and how well he is doing with Penguins coincidentally).

• Haha 1

Just now, The 5th Line said:

Robb have you ever seen him play?  Do you even watch Canuck games at all?  You drop on once every week or two and act like you have the pulse of the team.  All your takes have been wrong so far, just stop. 

This isn't the hurricanes fan board where it's easy to look like a genius, discussing things with an uneducated(hockeywise) fanbase.  You're on the Canucks board, there are smart people here

Yes, I have seen him play.     I do watch Canuck games.    

I don't "act" like anything.   Like everyone on the board I have opinions.    

How am I wrong on this guy?   He isn't in the NHL currently.   He is in an inferior league to the NHL and had an uneven season in a league where other former Canuck Dmen win "Dman of the year" awards though they couldn't stay in Canuck line up.     

Your fixation on opinions you can't get your head around is noted but trying to convince yourself this guy who hasn't been in the league for two years and spent some time this year in an inferior league riding the pine is the hill you want to die on - knock yourself out.    I personally would be surprised if this guy became an NHL regular of any note (e.g. top 6) and certainly with a team of playoff quality.   I have seen no evidence for what I have seen of film from him in Russia that he has learned anything about the gaps he had in his professional game.    

There, prove me wrong by having him play in the KHL and getting benched there.    That'll show me.   :lol:

16 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Yes, I have seen him play.     I do watch Canuck games.    

I don't "act" like anything.   Like everyone on the board I have opinions.    

How am I wrong on this guy?   He isn't in the NHL currently.   He is in an inferior league to the NHL and had an uneven season in a league where other former Canuck Dmen win "Dman of the year" awards though they couldn't stay in Canuck line up.     

Your fixation on opinions you can't get your head around is noted but trying to convince yourself this guy who hasn't been in the league for two years and spent some time this year in an inferior league riding the pine is the hill you want to die on - knock yourself out.    I personally would be surprised if this guy became an NHL regular of any note (e.g. top 6) and certainly with a team of playoff quality.   I have seen no evidence for what I have seen of film from him in Russia that he has learned anything about the gaps he had in his professional game.    

There, prove me wrong by having him play in the KHL and getting benched there.    That'll show me.   :lol:

It's pretty easy to debunk what you're saying. https://www.eliteprospects.com/team/1724/avtomobilist-yekaterinburg?tab=stats#players

12 D-men got games for Avto this season. 9 were regulars and They were rotated in and out of the lineup on a regular basis. The KHL season is 62 games long and the highest number of games played was 51 by any D-man. Every D was benched on that team and it was well documented during this season.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

Riding the pine eh, I've heard much more about him playing 20+ minutes a night then I have heard about him riding the pine.

Perhaps you need to follow him closer.    :)

21 games into the KHL season, Avtomobilist is off to an amazing start, with a record of 20-1-0. Unfortunately, Nikita Tryamkin has not been a large part of that success. Last year, Tryamkin put up 25 points in 51 games and was the team’s clear number one defenseman, but his production has decreased dramatically to just three points in 17 games. Tryamkin’s icetime has also dropped significantly from last season, and he’s even found himself a healthy scratch on four occasions. Unfortunately, the on-ice portion of the game isn’t the only one in which Tryamkin has disappointed, either.

https://canucksarmy.com/2018/10/24/nikita-tryamkin-struggling-in-khl-stripped-of-captaincy/

59 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

You mean those who keep thinking this big Russian is a lock for the NHL when he was benched in KHL?   Look, the kid has potential but he isn't as good as Guddy and look how few in Vancouver we keen on him (and how well he is doing with Penguins coincidentally).

When was he “benched” in the KHL Rob?

BTW I am a Gudbranson fan and had accolades for him before he was a Canuck.. I wanted him here.

Edited by SilentSam

2 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

I don't read media trash, I have my own outlooks and opinions

Didn't this exact thing happen to your Golden boy juolevi?  

Ya, he was benched for having a season ending knee injury after being in the top handful of rookie AHL Dmen in scoring.    Great comparison.   Well done.   :lol:

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

When was he “benched” in the KHL Rob?

BTW I am a Gudbranson fan and had accolades for him before he was a Canuck.. I wanted him here.

This season....a bunch of games in first half of the season.     

Pleased to see we are aligned on Guddy.  Canucks will miss him.

27 minutes ago, canuckledraggin said:

It's pretty easy to debunk what you're saying. https://www.eliteprospects.com/team/1724/avtomobilist-yekaterinburg?tab=stats#players

12 D-men got games for Avto this season. 9 were regulars and They were rotated in and out of the lineup on a regular basis. The KHL season is 62 games long and the highest number of games played was 51 by any D-man. Every D was benched on that team and it was well documented during this season.

Do the same math for the Canucks.   If you are an elite Dman, you don't get healthy scratched even in the KHL were the top Dman last season was Philip Larsson (yup, that Philip Larsson).

Just now, Rob_Zepp said:

This season....a bunch of games in first half of the season.     

Pleased to see we are aligned on Guddy.  Canucks will miss him.

No. He wasn’t. Had an injury. And His D core has been on a rotation everyone has taken time off to keep fresh this season.

And it worked.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

CANUCKS ARMY!! LOL

..your buying your drugs off the street big fella ;) 

to add: Tryamkin covered the Captaincy for an injured Nigel Dawes at the start of season.

Tryamkin wore the A eversince.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Upvote 3