The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

27 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Do the same math for the Canucks.   If you are an elite Dman, you don't get healthy scratched even in the KHL were the top Dman last season was Philip Larsson (yup, that Philip Larsson).

Not taking sides in this, but are you talking about Philip Larsen ?

3 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Do the same math for the Canucks.   If you are an elite Dman, you don't get healthy scratched even in the KHL were the top Dman last season was Philip Larsson (yup, that Philip Larsson).

I'm not sure what you're having trouble understanding. Every D-man was healthy scratched for Avto. It was a coaching strategy employed by his team this season. And what does Philip Larsen have to do with anything. Your assertion that since he is in a lesser league, he is a lesser player, also doesn't make any sense. You claim that Gudbranson is a better player, yet they played on the same team for half a season and there wasn't much difference between them. It's getting more and more difficult to take you seriously.

5 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

You mean those who keep thinking this big Russian is a lock for the NHL when he was benched in KHL?   Look, the kid has potential but he isn't as good as Guddy and look how few in Vancouver we keen on him (and how well he is doing with Penguins coincidentally).

Wow Zepp, you're waay off here. Nikita was never benched, he had a nagging injury and was the Captain until Dawes came back. It's hard to get accurate information. @Stierlitz detailed the situation late last year.

1 hour ago, The 5th Line said:

Zepp is a troll.  Pops in every once in awhile, has a few outrageous takes, says he's scouting somewhere in Europe etc etc.  

He is far from being a troll

I disagree with him on Tryamkin, but he adds a lot

Go back past the Tryamkin posts and read some of his earlier stuff

He is just not a Tryamkin lover....like ME! :wub: LOL

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

He's been caught lying on multiple occasions, that alone is enough to be considered a troll.  I don't even need to dive in to all of the terrible takes he's had, despite being some hockey guru travelling rinks in Europe

If you think otherwise that's fine, but maybe you just haven't read the things from him that I have.

Ok, Boss

We all have a different take on things

sometimes for good reason

I have just never experienced anything but posititves

We all cant love the same people, right?

How is Campbell River these days?

Pretty tough to get to live games...….

I wish they would have more afternoon games on the weekends

Cheers

1 minute ago, The 5th Line said:

Yep it's an expensive trip to Vancouver just to watch a hockey game.  So close yet so far

A lot of construction going on, on the south side of town.  Our roads are becoming crowded, they are lowering speed limits in single lane areas, I'd be curious to know what the population is at nowadays.  Other than that, same old beautiful, boring place

Well, it is a Beautiful place......but it's got lots to do, if you like the outdoors...

Maybe I will bring Tryamkin up there when he comes back!

2 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

Zepp is a troll.  Pops in every once in awhile, has a few outrageous takes, says he's scouting somewhere in Europe etc etc.  

You can be pretty outrageous yourself. It's a forum, feuds can be fun right?

14 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

Feuds? Absolutely.  What about creating fake sources and providing no proof of your claims?  Those things are actually against the rules of this forum but what do I know

He's provided lots of great posts too. 

Inflammatory posts and HF style hyperbole don't make for debate. Like when this page got shut down before. And Canucks Army is like the Enquirer. I like to read it when it gets slow around here. As far as Try goes I would love to hear what the local fans think of him. Yetkatinburgh must love there boy. But financially I don't see how they can keep him. With a seating capacity of 5,576. Plus their forwards really crapped the bed this playoffs. They're going to need rubles to buy a couple of good ex-nhlers. 

• Upvote 2

On 3/22/2019 at 2:38 PM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Todd Diamond (Tryamkin's agent) on Sportsnet 650:

"Nikita had a solid season, the team in Russia performed extremely well in the KHL. His numbers were down, but his games shouldn't be defined by goals and assists."

"I don't think he struggled. His ice time was a minute less than it was last year, but it was a deeper team. They were trying to accomplish a lot this year."

"We discussed a return to the NHL not too recently. I believe there is interest for him to come back. He wasn't as mature as he is now. Hopefully, he will come back to the NHL shortly."

"Nikita has a year remaining on his KHL contract, so a return this offseason would be hasty. However, Benning is in contact every few weeks/months."

"Nikita can bring a dimension that many NHL clubs are missing. A mobile defenseman who can intimidate and open space. He can make a number 1 defenseman's job a lot easier."

"The player has improved, I don't think the condition that he will not play in the AHL has changed. He has shown that he can play at the NHL level. The AHL is not a factor in the conversation."

Someone was looking for this yesterday, thought it was quoted in a tweet, but Vintage is a great source so no worries.

Edited by aliboy
  • Cheers 2

On 3/26/2019 at 3:32 PM, Nuxfanabroad said:

That's like promoting the sun as dependable heat! Holy jumpin'..& no kiddin'!

Our Sun is actually cool in temperature, and dim in brightness. It's also an averaged sized star out of the ones we've discovered. There are some stars out there that are millions of times bigger than ours, and some that are thousands of times smaller.

Stars come in a wide range of sizes and brightnesses, and there are a lot more small dim ones than large bright ones.

Nuxfanabroad an obvious statement is also saying Quinn Hughes had a great first game.

Tryamkin watching Quinns first game, is great,  thoughts of playing along side QH43 would indeed be on his Big Noggin Brain.

Automobilist having a system of playing tons of revolving Dman in and out of the line up  I would hope helps Tryamkins decision on returning to Canucks. As he was wanting to play a lot more.

Also Tryamkin and his wife look good together....they would look even better in Vancouver.

• Like 1