The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

1 hour ago, stawns said:

Waivers are only on the way down

Not when coming from Europe. We own his rights, so as @theo5789 ^^ says, that might only apply to 'free agents'. The Ryan O'Reilly offer sheet meant that if he had signed with Calgary, he would have to pass waivers to get to the NHL. Obviously different situations, but I get easily confused !

29 minutes ago, SingleThorn said:

Not when coming from Europe. We own his rights, so as @theo5789 ^^ says, that might only apply to 'free agents'. The Ryan O'Reilly offer sheet meant that if he had signed with Calgary, he would have to pass waivers to get to the NHL. Obviously different situations, but I get easily confused !

I think re-entry waivers were scrapped in the current CBA. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SingleThorn said:

Good to know, thanks

I heard that in Russia, the training camp/ preseason is a month long...is this true?

If so, it was reported that this was the reason Tryamkin came in "out of shape" his first year because he was expecting to get in shape during a one month long training camp; however, he was surprised that the NHL had only a two week training camp.

13 minutes ago, Pete M said:

I heard that in Russia, the training camp/ preseason is a month long...is this true?

If so, it was reported that this was the reason Tryamkin came in "out of shape" his first year because he was expecting to get in shape during a one month long training camp; however, he was surprised that the NHL had only a two week training camp.

If that was true, why did he show up in such terrible shape it took him  several months to slim down?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Pete M said:

That's why you have an agent/advisor to keep you up to date with expectations. Let's hope that has been resolved because if he shows such disregard for the needs of the NHL then his likelihood of success is pretty slim. He has value but without the smarts it means little

1 hour ago, Pete M said:

Let’s not dwindle on what has passed, regardless of the truth or falseness of rumours from 2-3 years ago.. 

The Canucks have a bright future ahead ..  Having Tryamkin back sooner than later would be a powerful move.

• Upvote 2

^ Probably true, but the guy wasn't in "give him a month" and he'll be ready to go shape. So some of it is on him for not even being in "KHL pre season shape".

I am hoping he either comes back, ready to go or is traded soon, as I am truly getting tired of the whole deal.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, Slegr said:

It's time, JB. Time to offer Tryamkin a deal that will comfortably allow him to buy out his remaining season in the KHL, and be a big part of the Canucks' 50th season. Tryamkin will bring the added element we need to land ourselves back in the post-season. Let's make it happen in 2019/20.

I'm with you. Tree was a bit of a baby about things, but where else are we going to find a 6'8 freak to play defence for us?

He is the missing ingredient for our new-look D-core.

Jimbo, please do not sign Myers. We have a guy already in our system, just bring him home.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Slegr said:

It's time, JB. Time to offer Tryamkin a deal 

Yes, now is the time. Even if it means we have to wait til March. Tryamkin can do more for his family here, a signing bonus IF he wants to leave early or just wait and notify the league in Dec so he's eligible to play for us in the playoffs. A NHL contract would settle some family here comfortably and set off a designing career for his wife Anastasia. He could be the boost we need considering the yearly drafting boondoggle. 

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, nergish said:

Jimbo, please do not sign Myers. We have a guy already in our system, just bring him home.

Agree with this and have posted as much. If there's ANY way of getting him here this summer, it would be FAR preferred to offering Myers something like a $7mx7 year contract.

It would also likely allow us to package Hutton for either a right D or a top 6 forward.

Edler, Trade/Stecher

Tryamkin, Stecher/Trade

Hughes, Tanev

UFA/Sautner/Brisebois and Biega/Schenn to fight it out for 7 and 8 spots with Juolevi starting in Utica until we have injuries/move Tanev.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, aGENT said:

Agree with this and have posted as much. If there's ANY way of getting him here this summer, it would be FAR preferred to offering Myers something like a $7mx7 year contract.

It would also likely allow us to package Hutton for either a right D or a top 6 forward.

Edler, Trade/Stecher

Tryamkin, Stecher/Trade

Hughes, Tanev

UFA/Sautner/Brisebois and Biega/Schenn to fight it out for 7 and 8 spots with Juolevi starting in Utica until we have injuries/move Tanev.

why not have Tryamkin and Myers?

Myers 

Stetch

Tryamkin

that turns a woeful rhd corps into a pretty formidable one

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

why not have Tryamkin and Myers?

Myers 

Stetch

Tryamkin

that turns a woeful rhd corps into a pretty formidable one

Certainly a possibility I'd not be opposed to, just not the route I'd take if it was up to me.