The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

3 hours ago, gurn said:

He would have made quicker improvement by going to the AHL, less travel time means more practice and workout time. 

Except for the facts that (1) he was not playing for the Canucks at the time, so no travel time at all was necessary if he did not go to Utica, and (2) if he had gone to Utica for a conditioning stint he would have killed 2 days travelling there and back. So no, he would not have had more workout time and likely would not have improved his conditioning quicker by going to Utica.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

Hughes - Tryamkin pairing ... such a beautiful thing to see one day 

He will be an absolute Beast when he gets here.. this Team and Coach will motivate him to bring his personal best and he will create his own identity.

So , was his agent saying that the chance of him returning this year is next to null? Needed an 18 month heads up to his KHL club for a buyout that is now past?Would the canucks still own his rights at the end of next year or is this return to the NHL just that a return to any team that shows interest? 

57 minutes ago, Dannydog said:

So , was his agent saying that the chance of him returning this year is next to null? Needed an 18 month heads up to his KHL club for a buyout that is now past?Would the canucks still own his rights at the end of next year or is this return to the NHL just that a return to any team that shows interest? 

The Canucks will still own his rights at the end of next season, and all indications are that he will be in a Canucks uniform either at that time or at the beginning of the following season.

4 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

The Canucks will still own his rights at the end of next season, and all indications are that he will be in a Canucks uniform either at that time or at the beginning of the following season.

Sweet. We will have another 3rd pairing D  lol.  Can never have enough I guess. 

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The big Russian is a top four guy for sure.  PP and PK too.  20 plus minutes  

Agree to disagree Alf. He was 3rd pairing before and as others have said probably has not developed much in the khl. Will be a 3rd pairing now. Which is fine...he is big and strong. Nothing more than 3rd pairing in all likelihood.

2 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Agree to disagree Alf. He was 3rd pairing before and as others have said probably has not developed much in the khl. Will be a 3rd pairing now. Which is fine...he is big and strong. Nothing more than 3rd pairing in all likelihood.

Maybe we will have a pairing of Tryamkin and Zaitsev?  

So is it the end of KHL season or Nhl season?  I can’t wait to get him back in a Canuck uni.

3rd pairing is fine. Isn’t Quinn Hughes on Canucks third pairing.

Quinn H - Tryamkin pairing sounds great to me 

Edited by HockeyHarry
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dannydog said:

Correct,  next to null, 18 month notice is asked by the KHL Team.

But.. a KHL team can void a contract at any time if a mutual understanding is agreed.

The Canucks hold his rights until 2021/ 22 I beleive?.. someone please correct be if im wrong.

9 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

So is it the end of KHL season or Nhl season?  I can’t wait to get him back in a Canuck uni.

He is eligible to play for the Canucks once his KHL Team has finished its season.

I beleive a typical KHL regular season runs from September until mid February..  

His Team , Avtomobilist, by all accounts is tearing down there roster this season..  apart from a recent signing of Pavel Datsyuk .. lol.

At least Nik will be playing with a great player, hopeful someone who will inspire him to take his career to North America, and be the best man he can.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

By the time Try returns, Quinn will be 2nd pairingB)

• Upvote 1