The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

5 minutes ago, canucklehead44 said:

He is probably very overrated but SO fun to watch. Such an oddity having a 6'8 Russian dman join the team. I thought he was going to suck but he wasn't too bad. The sample size was small at 13 games. The following season it started off rough with the healthy scratches but he ended up playing pretty solid. His size and ability to skate at his size generate a lot of excitement but he will probably be a Bryan Allen calibre NHL dman. That said still so fun to watch

Good point. The product the team sells is entertainment, and Tram is definitely entertaining to watch. Nobody knows what kind of NHL career he is going to have, but I am really looking forward to watching it happen.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

Fetisov sure did...…..maybe not offensively.....but one hell of a Defensive Dman

The Krutov comment was funny though...………..you could have said donuts, and I would have known who you were thinking of....lol

PS...…………….I do get what you are saying...…….I am just going to wait and see....it may take a year to get it together, so I am good with that

of course I am hoping for him to be a 3/4 at least...……..but I do not expect him to be a #1...…………….possibly a #2, but my hopes are not that high

Just a solid 3/4 will be fine.

Fetisov - the Hall of Famer?   He didn't go back and forth and please don't compare NT with VF.    

I am keen on seeing him too (NT), just tempered on what it will look like.    Not a chance he is a 1/2 in NHL based upon his play past few years.

6 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

He outplayed Larsen head to head in the playoffs.Larsen was invisible in their post season matchup.

The others barely established themselves as yet.

Did you watch Atvo's playoffs?

Yup, I did.   NT was a turnover machine.

4 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

He was there best defensive defenseman. Number one pk unit. His clearances of the D zone were what kept them in the post season. I watched most of their games and he was no where near a "turn over machine".

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Not true .

Edler is a veteran turn over machine.

Tryamkin not so much.

Tanev is a veteran straw man.

Tryamkin not so much.

... it’s getting a bit “Trump like” around here again.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Not true .

Tryamkin not so much.

Tryamkin not so much.

Certainly appears there is some fake news happening in this thread!

• Cheers 1

On 6/14/2019 at 12:49 PM, Hairy Kneel said:

He was there best defensive defenseman. Number one pk unit. His clearances of the D zone were what kept them in the post season. I watched most of their games and he was no where near a "turn over machine".

No, he was not their best defensive dman - not statistically and not to the eye.    He was not great a clearing the zone whatsoever, just look at both is zone exit and turnover stats.   Their best defensive dman was by far Vasilevsky.    Vishnevsky was far and away their best offensive Dman but Vasilvsky their best overall Dman both regular season and playoffs....in terms of block shots, zone exists etc. and was up their with Tryamkin for hits/game and total hits.  

Statistically, both end of the rink, the big guy had a lesser season this past year than the year before.

On 6/14/2019 at 2:16 PM, SilentSam said:

Not true .

Tryamkin not so much.

Tryamkin not so much.

I don't recall Edler play in any of the Avtomobilist (Ekaterinburg) games.   Tanev either.   What numbers did they wear?

Tryamkin had the "grenade on his stick" appearance in many games inclusive of the last two playoff games.   His GV/TK ratio was very poor all season but got worse in the playoffs.   

1 minute ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I don't recall Edler play in any of the Avtomobilist (Ekaterinburg) games.   Tanev either.   What numbers did they wear?

Tryamkin had the "grenade on his stick" appearance in many games inclusive of the last two playoff games.   His GV/TK ratio was very poor all season but got worse in the playoffs.   

I love Big Nik’s first NHL shift.  On the ice, and off the ice ASAP so he could puke up the nerves.  I don’t think I’d ever seen that before.  

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I love Big Nik’s first NHL shift.  On the ice, and off the ice ASAP so he could puke up the nerves.  I don’t think I’d ever seen that before.  

He is exciting to watch for sure and remains an adventure in his own end at times but with some coaching and effort on his part, the North American game is still possible for him but these three years in the peak of his development sure are not helping those chances Alf.

1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Did Edler or Tanev play any games last season in the NHL.?

Edler and Tanev will be gone soon..  nothing to worry about.

We obviously see the game and watch players differently Rob..  I would rather have the potential of rising prospect in Tryamkin, than the decrepit decline of 2 players that offer half seasons of employment.. 2 grenades with their pins pulled.. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Did Edler or Tanev play any games last season in the NHL.?

Edler and Tanev will be gone soon..  nothing to worry about.

We obviously see the game and watch players differently Rob..  I would rather have the potential of rising prospect in Tryamkin, than the decrepit decline of 2 players that offer half seasons of employment.. 2 grenades with their pins pulled.. 

I really don’t see why JB can’t get Tryamkin back this summer.  Sure there is Nikita buying out his final KHL year, but that should easily be covered by a rich signing bonus with us, right?  I’d rather pay Tryamkin than trade for Zaitsev. 

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I really don’t see why JB can’t get Tryamkin back this summer.  Sure there is Nikita buying out his final KHL year, but that should easily be covered by a rich signing bonus with us, right?  I’d rather pay Tryamkin than trade for Zaitsev. 

sounds like theres good communication with Jim and Niks agent, that idea has probably been floated. Its all in Niks court. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

sounds like theres good communication with Jim and Niks agent, that idea has probably been floated. Its all in Niks court. 

The opportunity for Nik to play big minutes is there for the taking.  Maybe JB is not making an offer Nik likes enough to make the move?  

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

The opportunity for Nik to play big minutes is there for the taking.  Maybe JB is not making an offer Nik likes enough to make the move?  

if Nik were motivated by the $$ he would have stayed. No, its something else like family or not wanting to play on a bad NHL team. Now that we're on the way back up that probably matters more. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

if Nik were motivated by the $$ he would have stayed. No, its something else like family or not wanting to play on a bad NHL team. Now that we're on the way back up that probably matters more. 

If JB signs a UFA Dman, reups Edler, and drafts Broberg or Seider, there might not be a future here for Nik.  We have Hughes, OJ, Woo, and Rathbone all coming soon enough.  

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If JB signs a UFA Dman, reups Edler, and drafts Broberg or Seider, there might not be a future here for Nik.  We have Hughes, OJ, Woo, and Rathbone all coming soon enough.  

yup thats very true. He may just stay in his hometown until he's 27 and try free agency for a 1 time shot at some $. That wouldn't surprise me at all. 

40 minutes ago, Alflives said:

37 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Alf,  Jimmy is bang on,  the best we could have heard after this past season is that Benning would hopefully be enthusiastic about wanting Tryamkin back here and to be having fluid conversation through his Agent.

The interesting thing through this off season in the KHL is that Avtomobilist, NT’s Team is overhauling entirely.. to the point that right now they are over 10 or more of the maximum player allowance signed with the club and they are still signing..  they have also just acquired Pavel Datsyuk, who I am sure, even after a hometown discount, will probably consume aprx. 25% of the 900 million rubles  (13.8m usd) Team Cap.

If there was ever a season that Nik could be bought out by mutual agreement, it would be this one.

Not only would Avtomobilist part with a player possibly leaving next season, they could offer a longer and lesser contract to another player..  and receive 75% of Tryamkins salary (aprx 728 k.usd) back in the buy out to Re-invest.

food for thought.  Interesting summer ahead,  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

Alf,  Jimmy is bang on,  the best we could have heard after this past season is that Benning would hopefully be enthusiastic about wanting Tryamkin back here and to be having fluid conversation through his Agent.

The interesting thing through this off season in the KHL is that Avtomobilist, NT’s Team is overhauling entirely.. to the point that right now they are over 10 or more of the maximum player allowance signed with the club and they are still signing..  they have also just acquired Pavel Datsyuk, who I am sure, even after a hometown discount, will probably consume aprx. 25% of the 900 million rubles  (13.8m usd) Team Cap.

If there was ever a season that Nik could be bought out by mutual agreement, it would be this one.

Not only would Avtomobilist part with a player possibly leaving next season, they could offer a longer and lesser contract to another player..  and receive 75% of Tryamkins salary (aprx 728 k.usd) back in the buy out to Re-invest.

food for thought.  Interesting summer ahead,  

thats a neat window into the KHL system, thanks. When do KHL buyouts happen, do you have any idea of the timing? 

52 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

thats a neat window into the KHL system, thanks. When do KHL buyouts happen, do you have any idea of the timing? 

A player has to give a years notice ( 8-11 months?) to start it at his end.

But a mutual agreement can happen anytime in the off season.

thats what I have read.

• Cheers 1