The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

4 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Hairy if Nik is able to find out he is going to go back into that rotational D that Avtomobilist had last season..  I just don’t think he will be happy about it.

That’s a weak schedule of play for a kid, who in Diamonds words, wants to challenge against the NHL’s best..  Something an agent would want to bring up to his client I would think.

No I think its the same coaches and they were following a 8 D set up. I think Tryamkin would have more fun here. Plus if I were Diamond I would sweeten the deal and ask for a bonus from JB so Avto could get all their money back for the season and then some. But I think its really up to Tryamkin.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Rush17 said:

Tryamkin ^^ Podkolzin. Yay baby

Funny saying this about two Russians but those two will add a lot of snarl to our lineup that we’ve sorely lacked. 

On 6/22/2019 at 2:32 PM, VancouverHabitant said:

Funny saying this about two Russians but those two will add a lot of snarl to our lineup that we’ve sorely lacked. 

Snarl. Great descriptor and I agree we lack that aggressive bite but it has to be combined in a skilled package which many Russians seem to be a prototype of. Heres to hoping for this typenoc Russian presence sooner than later (sorry Goldy) 

• Upvote 1

On 6/23/2019 at 5:11 PM, Kobayashi Maru said:

I can’t wait until Tree is back.  He’ll be coming back to us on the upswing and will give us a huge boost.  Him and Pod joining the team will be game changers. 

Yes I was just thinking about this, could really put us over the top. Nikita is sorely needed here. Maybe playing with Datsyuk will inspire him to try the NHL again, or maybe PD left North America because he hates it here, lol.

Really curious to see what kind of ice time they give Pod in St. Petersburg. He's going to easily be the youngest player on the KHL club.

Edited by Western Red
  • Like 2

On 6/19/2019 at 11:34 AM, Tre Mac said:

His agent is currently on TSN1040.

I am sure someone will do a summary but basically:

• Won't make a decision until KHL season is over half done
  • Will want to know his role with the team
  • New coach (Green) will make it easier to come back
  • Agent is hopeful NT is willing to play against the best of the best
  • Agent thinks AHL is out of the question and the Canucks know this and any other team would still take NT knowing this.  
  • Agent doesn't think AHL will do any good for him.

That was amazing to read.  First outright demands for him to come back.  We can presume if those demands were met, he will give it a whirl again.

Your role, Tryamkin? Don't let our players get manhandled. Hit everything you can, as hard as you can - while not putting yourself out of defensive position. Play a simple, clean (we are sorry about the Pronger videos) but devestating game. There is virtually zero pressure for you to score.  But if you have an opportunity, then good on ya.

No AHL?  Sure. We can do without the elitest attitude, but you have been gifted an NHL role. We don't believe you belong in the AHL either, and agree other teams would want you in their NHL lineup. That is why if you don't work out, we can be reasonably confident we can move you elsewhere so there is little risk of accepting that demand.

Welcome back.

Edited by kloubek
  • Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, kloubek said:

That was amazing to read.  First outright demands for him to come back.  We can presume if those demands were met, he will give it a whirl again.

Your role, Tryamkin? Don't let our players get manhandled. Hit everything you can, as hard as you can - while not putting yourself out of defensive position. Play a simple, clean (we are sorry about the Pronger videos) but devestating game. There is virtually zero pressure for you to score.  But if you have an opportunity, then good on ya.

No AHL?  Sure. We can do without the elitest attitude, but you have been gifted an NHL role. We don't believe you belong in the AHL either, and agree other teams would want you in their NHL lineup. That is why if you don't work out, we can be reasonably confident we can move you elsewhere so there is little risk of accepting that demand.

Welcome back.

I agree with the attitude part however I don’t know how anybody sees him play and says he needs AHL time.  He is clearly an NHL player.  Meet those demands and get him back.  Pair him with Hughes.

Edler Myers

Hughes Tryamkin 

Joulevi Tanev

Stecher

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

Hopefully he expresses interest in coming back this year so management doesn’t give Tyler Myers 7x7.

Hopefully management signs both and Myers for 6x5.  Two 6’8 D that can skate in the lineup is better than one.  Me likey!

49 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Hopefully management signs both and Myers for 6x5.  Two 6’8 D that can skate in the lineup is better than one.  Me likey!

I would also love that but Myers is a UFA looking to cash in. I fear he’s getting 7 mill a year and I don’t want him for that price tag.

• Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

Pair him with Hughes.

Edler Myers

Hughes Tryamkin 

Joulevi Tanev

Stecher

I agree he should be tried with Hughes.

Man just seeing Myers in our lineup makes me cringe at the contract implications.  I really don't feel we need to pay a premium on Myers with Tryamkin likely coming back.

• Upvote 2