The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

21 hours ago, theo5789 said:

Man, stripped of the C again, this guy can't catch a break!

Last night Avto played Barys, Tryamkin with letter C again ::D Some team leaders including Nigel Dawes did not play and obviously someone needed to be a captain for the game. Avto lost 3-2, Tryamkin with assist on the second goal. Avto took a lot of penalties, Tryamkin spent most of his time on PK.

• Thanks 3
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

Last night Avto played Barys, Tryamkin with letter C again ::D Some team leaders including Nigel Dawes did not play and obviously someone needed to be a captain for the game. Avto lost 3-2, Tryamkin with assist on the second goal. Avto took a lot of penalties, Tryamkin spent most of his time on PK.

His team lost though, terrible leader!

2 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

Those jerseys are specifically designed for the Avto exhibition games this summer

avto.jpg

Not what I would expect from a KHL club. Looks very North American if I might use the simplest and most stereotypical cultural observation I can. Didn't realize the Russians had such a sense of whimsy!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, zimmy said:

Not what I would expect from a KHL club. Looks very North American if I might use the simplest and most stereotypical cultural observation I can. Didn't realize the Russians had such a sense of whimsy!

This is mascot of the Avto club - the Moose Avtik ::D

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

This is mascot of the Avto club - the Moose Avtik ::D

Always good to learn something about how things are done in other places. I have to say the Moose uniform is quite fetching particularly the mostly red version highlighted by SID.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Pickly said:

Last time a Moose played for the Canucks it didn’t end up so well. 

Except when the Canucks affiliate was the Manitoba Moose and we got Edler, Kesler, Bieksa, Burrows and Hansen.

edit: I forgot Raymond and Schneider and of course the tragedies of Bourdon and Rypien.

We can only hope to have another group like that come through this organization.

I agree that Lays chips guy sucked though :P

Edited by canuckledraggin
  • Cheers 2

On 8/11/2019 at 9:23 PM, zimmy said:

Wasn't Tchaikovsky a Russian?  Talk about whimsy: "Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies', 'Swan Lake', 1812 Overture, 'The Nutcracker'? Or Rimsky Korsakov, "Scheherazade"?  Their composers, at least, had a touch of whimsy, and Russia loved its musical geniuses.Or Borodin, who had his Notturno for Strings ripped off to provide music for a whimsical Broadway play, "Kismet". 

Or, as per the Russian comedian Yakov Smirnoff: "In America you play 'Hide and Go Seek', in Russia you play, "Hide and stay hidden."

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Avto without most veteran players lost to Dinamo, Riga 3-0 in the first game of the Riga tournament. Tryamkin played, no stats about the game was provided... Carter Ashton scored two goals for Dinamo. And Tryamkin was obviously the captain for his team for this game :)

tryam2.jpg

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Stierlitz said:

Avto without most veteran players lost to Dinamo, Riga 3-0 in the first game of the Riga tournament. Tryamkin played, no stats about the game was provided... Carter Ashton scored two goals for Dinamo. And Tryamkin was obviously the captain for his team for this game :)

tryam2.jpg

I’m assuming that is not a Hobbit standing in the middle but rather a Russian gymnast of some repute?

• Haha 2