The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

On 10/29/2019 at 3:28 PM, Hairy Kneel said:

No Tryamkin today in Atvo's loss. Can't find if he was injured, but more than likely he was sat out in the rotation. Not sure how that goes with him being sat out in a losing line up. Maybe they are already preparing for his absence?

Haha...that is not how pro teams are managed.....at all.....

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Upvote 1

On 10/29/2019 at 3:28 PM, Hairy Kneel said:

No Tryamkin today in Atvo's loss. Can't find if he was injured, but more than likely he was sat out in the rotation. Not sure how that goes with him being sat out in a losing line up. Maybe they are already preparing for his absence?

He didn’t play the last game because he’s sick (some kind of virus, low body temperature). Avtomobilist is sliding in the standings, only got 2 wins in the last 10 games since Datsyuk cam back from his injury. Tryamkin is the only defenseman with “+” rating, the rest are all in “-“. Just read on a Russian sport site, written 2 days ago.

• Thanks 2

On 10/30/2019 at 6:28 AM, Hairy Kneel said:

Good, make him angry, make him run to Vancouver.

Edited by smokes
  • Haha 1

On 10/22/2019 at 10:02 PM, Horvat is a Boss said:

Puljujarvi was born in the same month of the same year as Juolevi. He's scored at a very good pace for someone his age in the AHL in the time he's spent there the previous three seasons and is currently at a point per game in Liiga. The tough spots on his resume are his NHL stints where he was misused and misdirected playing in a bottom 6 role. I don't believe he ever got comfortable in Edmonton, which is tough for a young 18 year old kid all by himself who can't speak English. I don't think it's an attitude problem as he's a good, fun kid by all accounts who just didn't want to go back to a place where he didn't feel comfortable. 

He still has a ton of potential as long as he's used properly in a good environment and the time away from the NHL doesn't last too long. He could be an absolute monster alongside Horvat at 6'4 and 200 lbs capable of playing a good 200ft game as well. You shouldn't write off that kind of potential completely at 21 due to early labels of being a project or having attitude issues that have no real truth behind them. If we acquired Puljujarvi tomorrow I'm sure those labels would instantly be re-visited and revised by the extra minute of thought being put into the player at this point. 

EDIT: Sorry this is the Tryamkin thread. Hopefully Puljujarvi doesn't spend as long in Liiga as Tryamkin has in the KHL. That wouldn't be great for his development. 

agreed.. 

I think Stetcher is fine & all, but we likely have a replacement in the pipeline anyways.. Tram, Raff, Woo..?

sometimes it's nice to know what you have, and he's good enough on the 3rd pair, but it's also his contract year, and he might want a raise over the 2.3 he gets now.. 

Russians are messing with Tram's head lately. They know he's leaving for NHL and I think they're trying to preassure him to sign an extension. 

Took away his C. Reducing toi and now sat him out..  

It's all a way to preassure him to sign an extension. 

He'll be good on our 3rd pairing after March to make a push for playoffs. 

Big tall Dmen with a long reach are a valuable commodity in today's NHL. Looks like we'll be getting another one to add to our D core next spring. 

48 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Russians are messing with Tram's head lately. They know he's leaving for NHL and I think they're trying to preassure him to sign an extension. 

Big tall Dmen with a long reach are a valuable commodity in today's NHL. Looks like we'll be getting another one to add to our D core next spring. 

Plus! his lateral skating ability allowing him to crush opposing wingers coming down his side. How many player were caught trying to go past him at the blue line only to regret it

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, drummerboy said:

So who is he pushing out of the top 6? 
Keep in mind he isn’t lighting up the KHL, a lesser league.....

By the time Tryamkin is able to come over this spring, I'm guessing, based on the past few years, we'll have a few regular d-men out.

But if by miracle all six are still healthy, then you'd be crazy not to put in Tryamkin over Stecher. Don't get me wrong, I like Stecher's game. But going into playoffs, we're talking about someone who is 5'10, 186 lbs and someone who is 6'7, 265 lbs. Last year's playoffs were all about hitting and survival. St Louis came out on top. We would stand a much better chance with Tryamkin than without him.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Tram on 3rd pairing with Benn would be great. Big strong pair and Tram could skate for a big guy. 

Stecher would be 7D and there's always injuries. Defensive depth wins playoff series. 

Edit typo

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Not sure how this would pressure him to sign. Wouldn't this make him want to leave even more? If I wanted him to extend, I would be trying to show him how important he is to our team.

With that said, the C was never 'his". He may have had it temporarily when players were out hurt. He's been deemed as a leader for their team and has the A. Being sat out is nothing new due to rotation of the D, but apparently he's been out sick in the last week and has returned and played top 4 mins. Any reduction in minutes is likely due to rotation as well.

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

That or this Rocks,  :    If they know he is leaving, perhaps they are trying to intimidate him to sign again,  

OR for him to sign a buy out of his contract now.

If he buys out he owes roughly 67% of his contract back to Avtomobilist. From everything I have read there is no de-escalation on the total sum.  It is 67% of what he would have potentially made in the full single year of employment.

Its believed that he is presently making 700k - 800k usd per year in the KHL.  

Even though Avtomobilist has only played about 24 games, it is quite possible Tryamkin would have to buy out of his contract for about 500-600k usd.

Revenues have not been great in the KHL, Teams have been cut from the league, Avtomobilist was close to that cut line 2 years ago.

Just  this season a Cap of 900m rubles was introduced to KHL Teams. That converts to roughly 14m usd.

Theoretically, its possible regaining the money from a player like Tryamkin,  who will not be back Avtomobilist next season, might save a team whose attendance is roughly 6000 seats sold a game.

but who really knows how these guys really think or operate over there..  but in Russia, anything is possible, that’s for sure. ;) 

https://en.khl.ru/news/2018/03/28/384839.html

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

If they know he is leaving, perhaps they are trying to intimidate him to sign again,  

OR for him to sign a buy out of his contract now.

If he buys out he owes roughly 67% of his contract back to Avtomobilist. From everything I have read there is no de-escalation on the total sum.  It is 67% of what he would have potentially made in the full single year of employment.

but who really knows how these guys really think or operate over there..  but in Russia, anything is possible, that’s for sure. ;)

Under the current KHL regulations, in case of buyout Tryamkin would have to pay 67% of the remaining (unpaid) sum of his contract

http://nskhuman.ru/hkdocs/pravoregl.php?numstat=32 (in Russian).

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Slegr said:

By the time Tryamkin is able to come over this spring, I'm guessing, based on the past few years, we'll have a few regular d-men out.

But if by miracle all six are still healthy, then you'd be crazy not to put in Tryamkin over Stecher. Don't get me wrong, I like Stecher's game. But going into playoffs, we're talking about someone who is 5'10, 186 lbs and someone who is 6'7, 265 lbs. Last year's playoffs were all about hitting and survival. St Louis came out on top. We would stand a much better chance with Tryamkin than without him.

You’d be crazy? Hahaha

Stech is a proven NHL dman who is arguably a top 4 dman.  
tryamkin played less than a full season, and most of it, he wasn’t very good.  

I much prefer old school, big players, but let’s try to not be size queens here. 

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Tram on 3rd pairing with Benn would be great. Big strong pair and Tram could skate for a big guy. 

Stecher would be 7D and there's always injuries. Defensive depth wins playoff series. 

Reality is, if Tram comes over and outplays guys then he will play. If he doesn't then he will sit in the box for a bit. Considering how well he's been playing in the KHL and given his size and play last time here, I can see no reason he can't play just as well as Benn or other bottom 6-7 D.

In my opinion you need to trade Tanev this year if his value is high. Your not going to resign such an injury prone player and this isn't a cup competitive team so why not accrue a first or A level prospect. Rafferty may also be able to take a RD spot and deservedly so at that time.

Edler-Myers

Hughes-Stecher

Tryamkin-Benn

1 hour ago, RetroCanuck said:

Reality is, if Tram comes over and outplays guys then he will play. If he doesn't then he will sit in the box for a bit. Considering how well he's been playing in the KHL and given his size and play last time here, I can see no reason he can't play just as well as Benn or other bottom 6-7 D.

In my opinion you need to trade Tanev this year if his value is high. Your not going to resign such an injury prone player and this isn't a cup competitive team so why not accrue a first or A level prospect. Rafferty may also be able to take a RD spot and deservedly so at that time.

Edler-Myers

Hughes-Stecher

Tryamkin-Benn

I know the game is changing and smaller and faster players but putting Quinn and Troy together is just asking for trouble.  I would not want to see them together if we were facing a team like the Blues.  They would get crushed.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Whorvat said:

I love Stech as much as the next guy, but he is not a top 4 dman on a good team, and we are wanting/trying to be a good team

Could probably say the exact same thing about Tryamkin at this point.  If he does come over, there are no guarantees where his NHL game will be at.

Stetcher is a bottom pairing guy on a good team, who can fill in with no issues into a top 4 role for periods of time (imo).  At this point, if the choice is between two (and really it shouldn't be...it doesn't necessarily have to be one or the other), I'd take the known NHL quantity.

Edited by Wilbur
  • Upvote 2

ya.. Tryamkin isn't even close to a top 4 D. I doubt he could crack this team. He's bottom pairing on an average KHL team, that's a far cry from NHL top 4. He never did play the physical game of a big guy, and offensive upside is limited. So, the appeal is what? A 7th D that doesn't use his size? 

Best we could hope for Tram is a rebuilding team wants to give him a shot for a mid-round pick, like we did with Philip Larsen and the Oilers. 

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1