The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

4 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Motte...most likely not re-signed

Ferland might stay on LTIR for this season and potentially see him shipped off to Robidas island if he doesn't get better meaning minor movements for LTIR relief

Well looks like Ferland was activated off the LTIR, but I’m mostly replying to tell you that there’s no way we let Motte go.  

He’s been crucial to our success this year. Probably the 6th or 7th most important forward that we can probably get back for less then 2mil/year.  

Motte is a keeper! 

1 hour ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Well looks like Ferland was activated off the LTIR, but I’m mostly replying to tell you that there’s no way we let Motte go.  

He’s been crucial to our success this year. Probably the 6th or 7th most important forward that we can probably get back for less then 2mil/year.  

Motte is a keeper! 

Mottes tenacity solidifies his line , and his inclusion brings energy to the team and balances out all the lines above him.. we have played pathetically without him.. plays a 6’ / 200’ game..  dangerous as a pk’r.  

Its Sutter, Baertschi, and Eriksson that the .org needs to concentrate on moving.. without their displacement the system that Benning has implemented, our Prospects getting their FAIR and Deserved opportunity to show become stagnated.

Motte has become everything that the Blackhawk .org was hoping for.  Yes, Motte is a keeper.  2 more years at least, have him for a 3rd and trade him as an asset that year.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Mottes tenacity solidifies his line , and his inclusion brings energy to the team and balances out all the lines above him.. we have played pathetically without him.. plays a 6’ / 200’ game..  dangerous as a pk’r.  

Its Sutter, Baertschi, and Eriksson that the .org needs to concentrate on moving.. without their displacement the system that Benning has implemented, our Prospects getting their FAIR and Deserved opportunity to show become stagnated.

Motte has become everything that the Blackhawk .org was hoping for.  Yes, Motte is a keeper.  2 more years at least, have him for a 3rd and trade him as an asset that year.

Add Goldy and your done. I would like to see Motte given some games further up the lines. Probably won't happen unless injuries happen. 

• Upvote 1

It looks likely that Tryamkin's team (Avto) makes the playoffs.  They would have to play pretty bad to drop out completely.  62 games total for the season.

image.png.bc96ec6fde8c264bd2a3b9a6137e91c3.png

Look who is dominating the KHL.  Our very own Linden Vey.  Maybe Willie D was onto something.

image.png.3123c6607a222606d4f2c79ff1234043.png  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Motte is a keeper! 

how come it still shows Ferland  on LTIR today on cap friendly?

51 minutes ago, bree2 said:

how come it still shows Ferland  on LTIR today on cap friendly?

Oh weird, they reported on the radio yesterday  the Ferland was coming off the LTIR but I’m going to side with cap friendly on this one.

6 hours ago, Borvat said:

It looks likely that Tryamkin's team (Avto) makes the playoffs.  They would have to play pretty bad to drop out completely.  62 games total for the season.

Look who is dominating the KHL.  Our very own Linden Vey.  Maybe Willie D was onto something.

Nigel Dawes, now that's a name I haven't read or heard in years 

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Borvat said:

Keep in mind that Avtomobilist has won 1 out of their last 5 games including a game yesterday.

50 days til Feb 27th. ;) 

Edited by SilentSam

On 1/7/2020 at 2:19 PM, Warhippy said:

I could see a bridge of 2 years sub $4 million myself.

That’s seems a bit high. I like Jake, but if Boeser is making 5.8 on a bridge I’m not sure he’s worth much more then 3. 

and given Jake’s history of inconsistent play and lack of effort at times, I’m not sure I’d ever give him more than 3 years on a contract. 

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Add Goldy and your done. I would like to see Motte given some games further up the lines. Probably won't happen unless injuries happen. 

Motte is not better than anyone in the top 9 though, so why should he get that shot?

I agree that if injuries occur then maybe he could get a shot.

3 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

You haven't been following this thread then. He was the one that was given the captaincy when Tryamkin was "stripped" of it.

I pop into the prospects section when I can and try to keep up with our prospects. But yeah, I miss things. 

• Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I pop into the prospects section when I can and try to keep up with our prospects. But yeah, I miss things. 

I wasn't knocking you. It was just one of those things in this thread that was ridiculous from the side that wanted to point out anything bad about Tryamkin without any knowledge about it. Almost an inside joke of this thread if you will.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Motte is not better than anyone in the top 9 though, so why should he get that shot?

I agree that if injuries occur then maybe he could get a shot.

I suggested Motte get shifts in the top 9 because of his play to date and the need to know how he would perform. He drives play and has a good chance of still being with the team in 2-3 years when they are CUP contenders. IMHO Sutter, Erickson and maybe Roussel won't be. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, theo5789 said:

I wasn't knocking you. It was just one of those things in this thread that was ridiculous from the side that wanted to point out anything bad about Tryamkin without any knowledge about it. Almost an inside joke of this thread if you will.

Fair enough! I'm actually surprised he's still playing, I thought he was a bit older for some reason 

40 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Fair enough! I'm actually surprised he's still playing, I thought he was a bit older for some reason 

Well he has been around a while, he would be the oldest player on our team (beating out Eriksson and Beagle by months). If you think Edler has been here a long time, he's older than Edler by a year.

Getting pretty excited hoping Tryamkin can join us near March! He's going into his prime at 25 and I would love to see him on our team again! Canucks can't mess this up and hopefully Tryamkin has matured over the last 3 years. I know it all depends on play, but from what I saw from Tryamkin when he was here is he wasn't a liability out there. My guess is he has only gotten better since then. So when/if he comes over the Canucks absolutely cannot make him the 6/7th D and play him like 10 mins a night. They have to give him prime opportunity to succeed and in my opinion that is playing next to Quinn Hughes. Since Tanev is likely gone (will command 5+ if he stays healthy all season on a 3-4 year deal, which we can't afford). I'd like to these pairings the day Tryamkin comes over. 

Edler-Myers

Hughes-Tryamkin

Benn-Tanev 

Edit - Should add Stecher traded at deadline. Bring Rafferty up until Tryamkin comes over.

Edited by Outsiders
  • Cheers 1