So nobody has mentioned the most important question about when Tryamkin comes back to Vancouver.  Does Hockey Gaud take one look and just give him back the number #88 or do you think then battle it out?  #8 could become available in the summer. Maybe Nikita plays nice and only takes one 8 instead of two...

7 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

So nobody has mentioned the most important question about when Tryamkin comes back to Vancouver.  Does Hockey Gaud take one look and just give him back the number #88 or do you think then battle it out?  #8 could become available in the summer. Maybe Nikita plays nice and only takes one 8 instead of two...

I think they Indian leg wrestle for it in the dressing room,. And,  or an over proof Vodka drinking contest..

eitherway, I think Nik wins ;) 

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, theo5789 said:

With Nikita's size, he could probably wear #888 and it'll look normal.

Well, that would certainly be better than 666.

7 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

Well, that would certainly be better than 666.

Or would it?? 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

People worried about the cap but

Virtanen is only arbitration eligible, looking at his larger body of work his raise will not be exorbitant

Tanev may walk or be traded

Fantenberg is not due some massive increase in pay

Leivo either stays or goes but is not due a large increase

Schaller won't be back

Motte...most likely not re-signed

Ferland might stay on LTIR for this season and potentially see him shipped off to Robidas island if he doesn't get better meaning minor movements for LTIR relief

Marky gets say $5.5 maybe $5.75?  He will get a raise but I do not see it being massive

The outlier people seem to not be taking in to account is injured players, in Sutter and Ferland, the possibility of Benn being moved with his easy contract, and of course the fact that Seattle is coming in and the price of a 3rd or 4th could see one of Eriksson, Baertschi or Sutter simply shuffled down to Seattle.  Factor in the minimal cap raise of about $2 million or so and really, the amount of extra money we will need to be throwing out is not excessive.  Nor will Tryamkin walk in commanding a $5 million contract.

It's really not as bad as some are making it past this season.  There are more than enough options to consider without resorting to worry and as of now only Markstrom is walking away with the credentials for a sizeable raise 

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/canucks

Edited by Warhippy
  • Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Virtanen is only arbitration eligible, looking at his larger body of work his raise will not be exorbitant

What would you give Virtanen?

I would like to see some term and think 6 years at $4.0 - 4.5M might do it?

3 hours ago, DS4quality said:

Or would it?? 

Well, considering that Tram can play pretty beastly if he really wants to, 666 might not be inappropriate.

3 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

What would you give Virtanen?

I would like to see some term and think 6 years at $4.0 - 4.5M might do it?

I could see a bridge of 2 years sub $4 million myself.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

yep, that does make more sense and its what I expect to occur. I just think a long term deal could add the canucks cap savings while giving Virtanen job security

1 hour ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Well looks like Ferland was activated off the LTIR, but I’m mostly replying to tell you that there’s no way we let Motte go.  

He’s been crucial to our success this year. Probably the 6th or 7th most important forward that we can probably get back for less then 2mil/year.  

Motte is a keeper! 

Mottes tenacity solidifies his line , and his inclusion brings energy to the team and balances out all the lines above him.. we have played pathetically without him.. plays a 6’ / 200’ game..  dangerous as a pk’r.  

Its Sutter, Baertschi, and Eriksson that the .org needs to concentrate on moving.. without their displacement the system that Benning has implemented, our Prospects getting their FAIR and Deserved opportunity to show become stagnated.

Motte has become everything that the Blackhawk .org was hoping for.  Yes, Motte is a keeper.  2 more years at least, have him for a 3rd and trade him as an asset that year.

• Hydration 2
  • Upvote 2

16 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Mottes tenacity solidifies his line , and his inclusion brings energy to the team and balances out all the lines above him.. we have played pathetically without him.. plays a 6’ / 200’ game..  dangerous as a pk’r.  

Its Sutter, Baertschi, and Eriksson that the .org needs to concentrate on moving.. without their displacement the system that Benning has implemented, our Prospects getting their FAIR and Deserved opportunity to show become stagnated.

Motte has become everything that the Blackhawk .org was hoping for.  Yes, Motte is a keeper.  2 more years at least, have him for a 3rd and trade him as an asset that year.

Add Goldy and your done. I would like to see Motte given some games further up the lines. Probably won't happen unless injuries happen. 

• Upvote 2

It looks likely that Tryamkin's team (Avto) makes the playoffs.  They would have to play pretty bad to drop out completely.  62 games total for the season.

image.png.bc96ec6fde8c264bd2a3b9a6137e91c3.png

Look who is dominating the KHL.  Our very own Linden Vey.  Maybe Willie D was onto something.

image.png.3123c6607a222606d4f2c79ff1234043.png  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Well looks like Ferland was activated off the LTIR, but I’m mostly replying to tell you that there’s no way we let Motte go.  

He’s been crucial to our success this year. Probably the 6th or 7th most important forward that we can probably get back for less then 2mil/year.  

Motte is a keeper! 

how come it still shows Ferland  on LTIR today on cap friendly?

51 minutes ago, bree2 said:

how come it still shows Ferland  on LTIR today on cap friendly?

Oh weird, they reported on the radio yesterday  the Ferland was coming off the LTIR but I’m going to side with cap friendly on this one.

• Hydration 1

6 hours ago, Borvat said:

It looks likely that Tryamkin's team (Avto) makes the playoffs.  They would have to play pretty bad to drop out completely.  62 games total for the season.

Look who is dominating the KHL.  Our very own Linden Vey.  Maybe Willie D was onto something.

Nigel Dawes, now that's a name I haven't read or heard in years 

• Hydration 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Borvat said:

Keep in mind that Avtomobilist has won 1 out of their last 5 games including a game yesterday.

50 days til Feb 27th. ;) 

Edited by SilentSam
  • Burr 1

On 1/7/2020 at 2:19 PM, Warhippy said:

That’s seems a bit high. I like Jake, but if Boeser is making 5.8 on a bridge I’m not sure he’s worth much more then 3. 

and given Jake’s history of inconsistent play and lack of effort at times, I’m not sure I’d ever give him more than 3 years on a contract. 

• Hydration 1