The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

2 hours ago, Provost said:

This report says Tryamkin regrets leaving the NHL and blames it on “the emotional inexperience of youth”.

I don’t know if he is going to come back, or if he can be a legitimate NHL player, or fit on a 3rd pairing... but having the option is better than not having it.

https://www.traderumours.com/index.php?blog=11801&s=8

All speculation on Nik is heating up again..

a positive read with updated quotes from the Daily HIVE.

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/nikita-tryamkin-possible-return-canucks 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, aliboy said:

So, if I'm reading correctly, this article is saying he can't play for us this season? That would be a drag.

It is wrong, same thing happened with Gusev and he was eligible.

The KHL season goes until late February but player contracts go until 30th April. The KHL team has to release him from his contract early so he can sign his NHL contract in time.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Honestly if he could join us with half a dozen games left in the regular season to see how he looks, it could be a perfect fit.

His value in the post season is probably greater than the regular season.  A series where his marching orders are to lean on opposing forwards and finish checks (he doesn’t have to be Pronger and there is a lot less actual fighting in the post season)... it could really lag dividends as those forwards wear down over a few games.

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, aliboy said:

So, if I'm reading correctly, this article is saying he can't play for us this season? That would be a drag.

This quote from the article is wrong and misleading

Tryamkin’s KHL contract with his hometown team, Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg, is set to expire on April 30. That’s after the last game of the regular season, and he wouldn’t be eligible to play in the playoffs, so the soonest Tryamkin could return is at the start of the 2020-21 season.”

the last game of the regular season In the KHL is Feb 27..

The last game of the entire season (playoffs/cup) Is April 30th..

tenatively.. his contract can be terminated when his season is over.

Just as he was able to join us when he first arrived.

As long as a mutual understanding is reached that he would not return to another team in the KHL if he did not make the NHL squad.. 

read it somewhere??

Last time Tryamkin joined Canucks March 9th/2016 . So Mid March 2020 is reasonable. It’s alll depending on His KHL playoffs. I haven’t watched Automobilist play this season only highlights and standings. So I’m not sure how good they will be in the KHL playoffs.

Nhl playoff starts.... what? Second week in April. So I would think Big Tryamkin needs to be a Canuck by Mid March for him to see any real Canuck action this season. Green will not play a April arrival Tryamkin.

all and all I can’t wait til he’s a Canuck again. Im hoping for sooner the better.

• Cheers 2

7 hours ago, aGENT said:

I'd rather they go this route with Eriksson next year :lol:

Loui Eriksson - Rogers Arena VP of Rafter Inspection - $2.5m over 2 years salary.

loui-erikssons-agent-said-it-time-he-exp

Totally hit my funny bone!...…...I hope Loui doesn't see it though! LOL

He has been playing pretty good as of late.

Still funny!

• Cheers 1

Having Tryamkin on our roster for playoffs would be such a bonus. The last couple of times we did make the post-season, we limped in, and by the elimination game, I was almost wanting the Canucks to lose like you want to see your old. ailing dog be put out of its misery. Now we’re getting bigger, younger, and stronger, and hopefully can play tough when it counts the most.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Slegr said:

Having Tryamkin on our roster for playoffs would be such a bonus. The last couple of times we did make the post-season, we limped in, and by the elimination game, I was almost wanting the Canucks to lose like you want to see your old. ailing dog be put out of its misery. Now we’re getting bigger, younger, and stronger, and hopefully can play tough when it counts the most.

He's stronger than Bubla. :lol:

• Cheers 1

I expect you guys already know this but Tryamkin can be signed after the trade deadline and still play in this years playoffs, here's the article which also states that this does apply to RFA's.

https://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/and-now-you-know/2019/1/9/18174522/so-you-heard-a-rumour-about-the-toronto-maple-leafs-signing-a-european-ufa

"However, if you read that rule it says it doesn’t apply to players on the reserve list or players on loan to the European club. That means players the Leafs already have the rights to, who have been loaned to Europe, are eligible to join the team. They can even join their NHL team after the trade deadline and still play in the playoffs."

Edited by aliboy

15 hours ago, HockeyHarry said:

Last time Tryamkin joined Canucks March 9th/2016 . So Mid March 2020 is reasonable. It’s alll depending on His KHL playoffs. I haven’t watched Automobilist play this season only highlights and standings. So I’m not sure how good they will be in the KHL playoffs.

Nhl playoff starts.... what? Second week in April. So I would think Big Tryamkin needs to be a Canuck by Mid March for him to see any real Canuck action this season. Green will not play a April arrival Tryamkin.

all and all I can’t wait til he’s a Canuck again. Im hoping for sooner the better.

You might be right if the Canucks have no injuries on the blueline at the time. However, I think there is a better chance that the Canucks go 16 & 0 in the playoffs than there is of them having no injuries on D in April, especially keeping in mind what a brutal schedule they have in March.

Edited by WeneedLumme

33 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

You might be right if the Canucks have no injuries on the blueline at the time. However, I think there is a better chance that the Canucks go 16 & 0 in the playoffs than there is of them having no injuries on D in April, especially keeping in mind what a brutal schedule they have in March.

hopeful jim carrey GIF

• Haha 1