The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

5 hours ago, stawns said:

I'll be completely shocked if he plays in Van this season, and mildly shocked if he's back in Van for next season.  He seems to like his home country

.. or perhaps he feels obligated to live up to the term of an expiring contract.

• Upvote 2

I still think Tryamkin would be an addition to the team. Top four player? Possibly. 

But i see him more as a depth defenseman who slots into the third pairing. Would Tryamkin accept that role? 

If he doesn't, he would have to demonstrate he plays better than the other defensemen to replace them in their roles. If not, and he's upset, then trade him for whatever asset we can get. A third round pick for a former third round pick? Sure, why not. 

OR, he can just go back to Russia. 

20 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

Well, given all the statements from Tram, his agent and JB, you are very likely going to be shocked then. Personally, I think that there is more than a 90% chance that he will be wearing Canucks colours starting sometime in 2020.

JB said he is not in communication with his agent, or hasn't been for some time didn't he?

7 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

I still think Tryamkin would be an addition to the team. Top four player? Possibly. 

But i see him more as a depth defenseman who slots into the third pairing. Would Tryamkin accept that role? 

If he doesn't, he would have to demonstrate he plays better than the other defensemen to replace them in their roles. If not, and he's upset, then trade him for whatever asset we can get. A third round pick for a former third round pick? Sure, why not. 

OR, he can just go back to Russia. 

He's a team first guy and knows coaches will decide his ice time. But he also knows that he can help us get the puck out of our zone with his physical play.with his size and reach,  He can just about  stop any cycle in our zone on the boards or in the slot, He moves laterally quite well so gets to the endboards quickly. Teams tend to veer away from his side of the ice his side of the ice, which helps defense coverage and takes time and space away from opposing forwards.

He will help stop tire fires in our zone for sure, especially against bigger teams. He'd be great for Huggy, 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, stawns said:

JB said he is not in communication with his agent, or hasn't been for some time didn't he?

No, not that I saw. Where did you see that? From what I recall, both JB and Tram's agent said they don't expect any real difficulty reaching agreement on a contract.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

No, not that I saw. Where did you see that? From what I recall, both JB and Tram's agent said they don't expect any real difficulty reaching agreement on a contract.

it was a recent interview, posted here somewhere.  The gyst was they hadn't spoken in sometime............not that I think that means he's not coming back, but that was the latest update I can recall.

19 minutes ago, stawns said:

it was a recent interview, posted here somewhere.  The gyst was they hadn't spoken in sometime............not that I think that means he's not coming back, but that was the latest update I can recall.

I believe that was more a case of that they spoke in the summer/fall, everything appeared on track for a return, and there's little to do/no need to speak until his return is closer to imminent (AKA spring, when his season ends).

• Upvote 2

Just now, aGENT said:

I believe that was more a case of that they spoke in the summer/fall, everything appeared on track for a return, and there's little to do/no need to speak until his return is closer to imminent (AKA spring, when his season ends).

agreed, that was just the last update I'd heard........until a cpl posts ago!