The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

Just now, Dungass said:

The quote I believe was from a Russian hockey analyst, who says he knows Tree well both as a hockey player and as a person.  Take that for what you will.

More concerning is the explanation of why he lost the captaincy in his second season.  Again, same analyst, said it was because the coach thought he wasn't hustling enough.  I don't know, it's an interesting article, but def doesn't paint him in the best light.  Says that his NHL ceiling now, having plateaued in the KHL is probably 6th or 7th dman.  Should ruffle some feathers here, I expect.  

There is no question that Tryamkin floated last year out of the gate and never really caught up.  The guy I have seen this year seems more motivated, urgent and willing to do most anything to help his team.   This latest development is really disappointing as it appeared he had turned the corner as a professional and stopped relying solely on his gifts of size/mobility and realized he had to work hard.   I still think someone in his life keeps giving him bad advice.

Speaking of motivation, I gotta say that I’ve lost my motivation to read any more on this topic unless I can be entertained again with stories of a Russian Giant who swats opposition players away with one swipe of his mighty arm and who can step from the left face off circle to the right in a single stride and usurps the hierarchy of the Canucks defence with his mere presence! Tree’s bigger than life persona is taking a beating here!  

3 hours ago, Gaudette Celly said:

Worst-kept secret.  Let's hope he's matured the past three years, and is willing to pay the price to make it here.  If not, what else -- go to another KHL team?  He needs to settle down and make a career commitment.

well, considering he's currently in the exact same situation, sulking because he doesn't want to earn his minutes, I'd say don't hold your breath ...

2 hours ago, Dixon Ward said:

Second team in a row he is disillusioned with.  Maybe he is not the best team guy.  Maybe he is a bit of a prima donna?  Although I, like everyone else on cdc, want him to be great, maybe he is a great trade asset this year.  I just have a feeling he won't be happy here with 3rd pairing minutes, or worse.

yup, diva.

1 hour ago, WeneedLumme said:

Well, if it is true that he is disillusioned with his present team because they tried to bully him into signing a contract extension and lowered his icetime when he refused, I don't blame him. 

where'd you hear that?

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, tas said:

well, considering he's currently in the exact same situation, sulking because he doesn't want to earn his minutes, I'd say don't hold your breath ...

yup, diva.

where'd you hear that?

JB should trade Tryamkim’s rights to the Rags for the rights to that Lias, I’m a poor sort soiled baby, Anderson, 

4 hours ago, Gaudette Celly said:

Worst-kept secret.  Let's hope he's matured the past three years, and is willing to pay the price to make it here.  If not, what else -- go to another KHL team?  He needs to settle down and make a career commitment.

He is unhappy again? This guy was not happy with his usage in the NHL (but willy was wonky) and not happy in the KHL.

If he comes back, it prob wont be for long. This guy seems entitled.

Hopefully it is just media and not some crap attitude.

Edited by Kanukfanatic

4 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Well, if he were to win the Vezina that would be quite the feat.    I think you meant something else but if not, changing his position that late in the career is a remarkable concept.

Back to reality, I have seen improvement in his on ice game this year to think he could crack an NHL lineup if he applies himself.  These off-ice issues are a massive red flag once again.  

Norris, sorry!:rolleyes:

• Cheers 1

58 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

A Canadian player wants to be on the ice more, to get more responsibility and to be a difference maker = Good ol' Canadian kid, everyone should aspire to be like him.

A Russian player wants to be on the ice more, to get more responsibility and to be a difference marker = Total Russian diva, trade him for a bag of pucks, ungrateful punk. 

Totally agree.  Don’t care where a guy is from.  Just want him to play the right way.  

12 hours ago, SilentSam said:

... it was weeks ago tas..

sleeping under a bridge again?

haven't quite made it the adverb unit of grade 5 English class yet? I asked where, not when.

and no, I'm not tuned in to every little piece of gossip about this borderline nhl player. 

10 hours ago, Lancaster said:

A Canadian player wants to be on the ice more, to get more responsibility and to be a difference maker = Good ol' Canadian kid, everyone should aspire to be like him.

A Russian player wants to be on the ice more, to get more responsibility and to be a difference marker = Total Russian diva, trade him for a bag of pucks, ungrateful punk. 

nationality has nothing to do with it. a willingness to earn it and not sulk in the meantime is the difference. 

opportunity is earned though practice and preparation, with good, professional habits, not by being big and skating ok. 

On 1/4/2020 at 11:10 AM, Stierlitz said:

Guys, Nikita is definitely coming to Vancouver this year. Just look at the events with him in Avto this season:

- End of exhibition games - Tryamkin was assistant captain and playing large minutes.

- First regular game - Tryamkin with no A on his chest and playing on the third pair of defence.

- I think sometime in those 3-4 days in between, Tryamkin was approached by the team management about extending his KHL contract and he declined it.

- Next 2 months Tryamkin played limited time and Avto was loosing games.

- Then the team bosses had no choice but to play Nikita more and more to avoid missing playoffs.

- Tryamkin has never been mentioned in interview with the Avto head coach this season and Nikita does not have interviews with the local media anymore, Nikita was not selected for the KHL AllStar games, the club does not clearly see him in Yekaterinburg next season...

18 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

Sulking, diva, doesn't want to earn his minutes? Sounds like projection to me.

I heard about the team trying to bully him into signing a new contract in this thread, as did the other fans who are interested in him. The information was posted by one of the Russian speaking fans who provides us with information about our Russian prospects.

If you wanted to actually know what is going on with him, rather than just spouting nonsense to put him down, you could read this thread too. But I am not holding my breath on that.

if that ∆ was what you're talking about, come on man ... some random person on the internet *THINKS* something happened, seemingly based on no actual info, and we're going to run with it?

2 minutes ago, tas said:

if that ∆ was what you're talking about, come on man ... some random person on the internet *THINKS* something happened, seemingly based on no actual info, and we're going to run with it?

That "random person" speaks Russian and actually follows what is written in the Russian media about our prospects. The information he provides has been consistently high quality and is invariably very plausible.

When I read anything, I consider the credibility of the source. That source has earned a very high degree of credibility. You, on the other hand, someone who acknowledges that they don't pay any attention to what is going on with Tram...

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, WeneedLumme said:

That "random person" speaks Russian and actually follows what is written in the Russian media about our prospects. The information he provides has been consistently high quality and is invariably very plausible.

When I read anything, I consider the credibility of the source. That source has earned a very high degree of credibility. You, on the other hand, someone who acknowledges that they don't pay any attention to what is going on with Tram...

if he wants to link a resource that corroborates his belief, I'm all ears. until then, the best predictor of future behaviour is past behaviour, and tryamkin pulled the exact same nonsense in Vancouver. 

6 hours ago, tas said:

haven't quite made it the adverb unit of grade 5 English class yet? I asked where, not when.

and no, I'm not tuned in to every little piece of gossip about this borderline nhl player. 

.. for a “school teacher”  , your dont seem up to date.

... and for this player being someone that doesn’t interest you, your crappy two bit comments “peg” you as the troll you can be.

if my vocabulary or “punk-tuation” offends or helps you feel academically superior, then your at a level of “pathetic” I have never seen before.   Thank you.

Edited by SilentSam

15 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

.. for a “school teacher”  , your never really up to date on anything except who scored the last goal..

... and for something doesn’t that interest you, your crappy two bit comments “peg” you as the troll you can be.

what other things have I not been "up to date" on? also, if "up to date" in this context means having my beliefs informed by the conjecture of a fan, I'll happily be behind the times.