The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

14 hours ago, tas said:

well, considering he's currently in the exact same situation, sulking because he doesn't want to earn his minutes, I'd say don't hold your breath ...

yup, diva.

where'd you hear that?

That’s the problem , you are behind the times..  and this is the conjecture you offer.

30 minutes ago, tas said:

if he wants to link a resource that corroborates his belief, I'm all ears. until then, the best predictor of future behaviour is past behaviour, and tryamkin pulled the exact same nonsense in Vancouver. 

He posted a number of points, one of which was opinion, a couple of which were logical conclusions, the rest being verifiable facts that support his opinion.

He often does post links to his sources, but they tend to be in Russian, which Google translate struggles to deal with.

What "exact same nonsense" are you referring to? Tram's belief that both he and his team should feel obligated to honour their contracts? 

Where exactly does this "sulking because he doesn't want to earn his minutes" come from? Where is your "link to a resource that corroborates (your) belief?"

Edited by WeneedLumme
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I just want to say that posting hit/physical compilations doesn't do much to prove he's an NHL defenseman. If we wanted a big, scary face puncher we would have kept Gudrbanson. 

Finding clips of him defending within the zone, off the rush, using his reach, etc. would mean far more to evaluating his NHL defensive capabilities than him simply hitting people.  

4 hours ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

I just want to say that posting hit/physical compilations doesn't do much to prove he's an NHL defenseman. If we wanted a big, scary face puncher we would have kept Gudrbanson. 

Finding clips of him defending within the zone, off the rush, using his reach, etc. would mean far more to evaluating his NHL defensive capabilities than him simply hitting people.  

His last three seasons have been posted here quite well..

there are 2 resources on Twitter that post hi lites Vids weekly .

You won’t find everything thing here, but if your interested it’s not hard to find.

National Post January 23, 2020:

Jim Benning would love to have defenceman Nikita Tryamkin back on his roster.

The question for the Vancouver Canucks’ general manager is: how?

There’s likely to be one if not two open spots on the Canucks’ roster next summer. Oscar Fantenberg will be out of a contract and then there’s the Troy Stecher/Chris Tanev dilemma — it’s unlikely the Canucks will be able to retain both right-shot blue-liners.

The left-shooting Tryamkin can play both sides of the ice. One presumes that Fantenberg’s spot would be taken by Olli Juolevi, who is enjoying a solid season with the Utica Comets, even if observers believe he still needs to improve his gap control.

On the right side, there could be an opening either for Brogan Rafferty, who has a one-way deal next season — meaning that if the Canucks were to reassign him to the AHL next fall, he’d get paid the same as if he were in the NHL — or, were he to sign, Tryamkin.

As things stand, there appears to be strong interest from Tryamkin’s camp in returning to the NHL.

The Canucks retain Nikita Tryamkin’s NHL rights as he wrap up a season in the KHL, and his agent says his client looks at the current state of the club “positively.”

“We feel Nikita can play for any club in the NHL,” Tryamkin’s agent Todd Diamond said via text message. “Vancouver has his exclusive NHL rights, he is familiar with the city, ownership, management and staff, and we will engage in talks after Nikita’s KHL season.

“The team and coaching staff is much different from when Nikita was last in Vancouver and we view that very positively.”

The big Russian defenceman is under contract with the KHL’s Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg through the end of the 2019-20 season.

“Obviously he’s on our reserve list,” Benning said Thursday morning. “Our pro scouts continue to watch and keep tabs on him. When his season is over and his contract is up, I’ll speak with Todd.”

“Nikita is a guy we know can play in the league. He’s a good skater for his size and he can make a good first pass.”

Benning and his pro scouts held meetings last week in Vancouver, taking stock of the players they may want to add to their roster, should the opportunity arise.

The team’s stock of looming free agents was also part of the discussion.

“We have some decisions to make from now until the end of the year,” he said.

"Oh Nicky you're so fine, you can play on our team anytime, 

Oh Nicky, Oh Nicky."

Fearlessly following up on my much-maligned:

"Nicky come back

You don't want to stay too  long

Willie D was wrong,

And we just can't win it all without you."

30 days to Feb 27...

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

we shouldn't be sleeping on Breezer either.  I think he's on the big club as the 7th dman next season and OJ is the number one guy in Utica for another season.

Edler        Myers

Hughes    Tanev/Stetch

Try            Rafferty

Breezer

Honestly think stetcher is gone by next season. His work ethic and passion is strong but the team doesn't have room for two undersized dmen (Hughes being the other one, who obviously is going nowhere as he's a cornerstone of this team) would gladly take tryamkin to fill in stretchers spot. We need more size and snarl if this team is to have success in the playoffs, stetcher as tenacious as he is doesn't intimidate anyone.

• Upvote 1

On 1/27/2020 at 4:29 PM, WeneedLumme said:

Well, if it is true that he is disillusioned with his present team because they tried to bully him into signing a contract extension and lowered his icetime when he refused, I don't blame him. 

I think he is more disappointed they lost last year after winning their leagues 'presidents trophy'. that team was a lock to make the finals but got beat down by bigger forwards.

The captaincy was a no brainer, Dawes is their scoring leader (preferred choice over a D man) and was always in line for the C. Tryamkin is playing with jump and energy and delivered great hits the last two games i saw this week. He's not playing like he's sulking. I think there are some critics throwing shade as he heads out the door.

I think the opposite is true that Tryamkin is ENVISIONING with the idea of returning to the Canucks.

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I think he is more disappointed they lost last year after winning their leagues 'presidents trophy'. that team was a lock to make the finals but got beat down by bigger forwards.

The captaincy was a no brainer, Dawes is their scoring leader (preferred choice over a D man) and was always in line for the C. Tryamkin is playing with jump and energy and delivered great hits the last two games i saw this week. He's not playing like he's sulking. I think there are some critics throwing shade as he heads out the door.

I think the opposite is true that Tryamkin is ILLUSIONED with the idea of returning to the Canucks.

Lol. I don't think it's an illusion. I think he really is returning to the Canucks.

• Haha 1

On 1/27/2020 at 5:06 PM, zimmy said:

Speaking of motivation, I gotta say that I’ve lost my motivation to read any more on this topic unless I can be entertained again with stories of a Russian Giant who swats opposition players away with one swipe of his mighty arm and who can step from the left face off circle to the right in a single stride and usurps the hierarchy of the Canucks defence with his mere presence! Tree’s bigger than life persona is taking a beating here!  

It takes him about three strides to get from the inside of the face off circle to the boards, where he targets his foe.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Kushman said:

Honestly think stetcher is gone by next season. His work ethic and passion is strong but the team doesn't have room for two undersized dmen (Hughes being the other one, who obviously is going nowhere as he's a cornerstone of this team) would gladly take tryamkin to fill in stretchers spot. We need more size and snarl if this team is to have success in the playoffs, stetcher as tenacious as he is doesn't intimidate anyone.

Tryamkin can replace Stecher, Benn and Fanta, and we'd be looking at an upgrade.  

The only caveat is that Stecher seems really well liked by everyone on the team, and I'd hate to see him go.  

Just now, VancouverHabitant said:

Tryamkin can replace Stecher, Benn and Fanta, and we'd be looking at an upgrade.  

The only caveat is that Stecher seems really well liked by everyone on the team, and I'd hate to see him go.  

He is well liked, he's a local boy, but at the end of the day, I think they move on from him.. If not for tryamkin, then someone else. Our offense is set, we are scoring at a great pace. Our defense however is still soft. It will get exposed in the playoffs when the intensity goes way up. Only room for one small guy on the back end and thats Hughes.

• Upvote 2

Will be interesting to see where GMJB thinks Tryamkin (or if) fits into the current roster.  He's been clear that one of the concerns is maintaining the existing camaraderie in the locker room.  Will he see Tryamkin being an add to the character of the team or a detractor?  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SilentSam said:

His last three seasons have been posted here quite well..

there are 2 resources on Twitter that post hi lites Vids weekly .

You won’t find everything thing here, but if your interested it’s not hard to find.

I've seen various clips from the his last 3 seasons in the KHL and nothing has really shown that he has improved any considerable amount beyond being a bottom pairing NHL defenseman, at least to me. There was that one nice end to end goal 2/3 years ago, but nothing that jumps off the page as a display of someone who is clearly above the KHL level. 

He's played big minutes and been relied upon as one of the primary defensemen on his team more often than not, which is definitely encouraging. However, it's important to remember that he's doing this in the KHL, not the NHL. If things KHL stats transferred over seamlessly to the NHL, then Shipachyov would have more points in the NHL than Pettersson this year based on scoring rates. We've players light up the KHL and then come over to the NHL and get humbled fairly often. 

1 hour ago, skategal said:

Will be interesting to see where GMJB thinks Tryamkin (or if) fits into the current roster.  He's been clear that one of the concerns is maintaining the existing camaraderie in the locker room.  Will he see Tryamkin being an add to the character of the team or a detractor?  

Remember Tryamkin attacked a Russian player that cheap shotted our player Shore? He sticks up for teammates.  

• Cheers 2

45 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

I've seen various clips from the his last 3 seasons in the KHL and nothing has really shown that he has improved any considerable amount beyond being a bottom pairing NHL defenseman, at least to me. There was that one nice end to end goal 2/3 years ago, but nothing that jumps off the page as a display of someone who is clearly above the KHL level. 

He's played big minutes and been relied upon as one of the primary defensemen on his team more often than not, which is definitely encouraging. However, it's important to remember that he's doing this in the KHL, not the NHL. If things KHL stats transferred over seamlessly to the NHL, then Shipachyov would have more points in the NHL than Pettersson this year based on scoring rates. We've players light up the KHL and then come over to the NHL and get humbled fairly often. 

Linden Vey is a points leader in the KHL. Defense is a different story. Tryamkin has been a defense first defenseman. Rarely pinches first man back. But when he does pinch he is very strong on the puck. 

There’s an interesting article on the Athletic about Tryamkin’s potential return.  After reading it I get the impression that there’s a lot of red flags around this player. It’ll be interesting to see how he does if/when he comes back 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, qwijibo said:

There’s an interesting article on the Athletic about Tryamkin’s potential return.  After reading it I get the impression that there’s a lot of red flags around this player. It’ll be interesting to see how he does if/when he comes back 

You still pay for that garbage?

• Haha 2