2 hours ago, Kushman said:

Honestly think stetcher is gone by next season. His work ethic and passion is strong but the team doesn't have room for two undersized dmen (Hughes being the other one, who obviously is going nowhere as he's a cornerstone of this team) would gladly take tryamkin to fill in stretchers spot. We need more size and snarl if this team is to have success in the playoffs, stetcher as tenacious as he is doesn't intimidate anyone.

Tryamkin can replace Stecher, Benn and Fanta, and we'd be looking at an upgrade.  

The only caveat is that Stecher seems really well liked by everyone on the team, and I'd hate to see him go.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, VancouverHabitant said:

Tryamkin can replace Stecher, Benn and Fanta, and we'd be looking at an upgrade.  

The only caveat is that Stecher seems really well liked by everyone on the team, and I'd hate to see him go.  

He is well liked, he's a local boy, but at the end of the day, I think they move on from him.. If not for tryamkin, then someone else. Our offense is set, we are scoring at a great pace. Our defense however is still soft. It will get exposed in the playoffs when the intensity goes way up. Only room for one small guy on the back end and thats Hughes.

• Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

It takes him about three strides to get from the inside of the face off circle to the boards, where he targets his foe.

That's more like it! 

• Haha 1

Will be interesting to see where GMJB thinks Tryamkin (or if) fits into the current roster.  He's been clear that one of the concerns is maintaining the existing camaraderie in the locker room.  Will he see Tryamkin being an add to the character of the team or a detractor?  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SilentSam said:

His last three seasons have been posted here quite well..

there are 2 resources on Twitter that post hi lites Vids weekly .

You won’t find everything thing here, but if your interested it’s not hard to find.

I've seen various clips from the his last 3 seasons in the KHL and nothing has really shown that he has improved any considerable amount beyond being a bottom pairing NHL defenseman, at least to me. There was that one nice end to end goal 2/3 years ago, but nothing that jumps off the page as a display of someone who is clearly above the KHL level. 

He's played big minutes and been relied upon as one of the primary defensemen on his team more often than not, which is definitely encouraging. However, it's important to remember that he's doing this in the KHL, not the NHL. If things KHL stats transferred over seamlessly to the NHL, then Shipachyov would have more points in the NHL than Pettersson this year based on scoring rates. We've players light up the KHL and then come over to the NHL and get humbled fairly often. 

1 hour ago, skategal said:

Will be interesting to see where GMJB thinks Tryamkin (or if) fits into the current roster.  He's been clear that one of the concerns is maintaining the existing camaraderie in the locker room.  Will he see Tryamkin being an add to the character of the team or a detractor?  

Remember Tryamkin attacked a Russian player that cheap shotted our player Shore? He sticks up for teammates.  

• Hydration 2

45 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

I've seen various clips from the his last 3 seasons in the KHL and nothing has really shown that he has improved any considerable amount beyond being a bottom pairing NHL defenseman, at least to me. There was that one nice end to end goal 2/3 years ago, but nothing that jumps off the page as a display of someone who is clearly above the KHL level. 

He's played big minutes and been relied upon as one of the primary defensemen on his team more often than not, which is definitely encouraging. However, it's important to remember that he's doing this in the KHL, not the NHL. If things KHL stats transferred over seamlessly to the NHL, then Shipachyov would have more points in the NHL than Pettersson this year based on scoring rates. We've players light up the KHL and then come over to the NHL and get humbled fairly often. 

Linden Vey is a points leader in the KHL. Defense is a different story. Tryamkin has been a defense first defenseman. Rarely pinches first man back. But when he does pinch he is very strong on the puck. 

There’s an interesting article on the Athletic about Tryamkin’s potential return.  After reading it I get the impression that there’s a lot of red flags around this player. It’ll be interesting to see how he does if/when he comes back 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, qwijibo said:

There’s an interesting article on the Athletic about Tryamkin’s potential return.  After reading it I get the impression that there’s a lot of red flags around this player. It’ll be interesting to see how he does if/when he comes back 

You still pay for that garbage?

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Kushman said:

He is well liked, he's a local boy, but at the end of the day, I think they move on from him.. If not for tryamkin, then someone else. Our offense is set, we are scoring at a great pace. Our defense however is still soft. It will get exposed in the playoffs when the intensity goes way up. Only room for one small guy on the back end and thats Hughes.

A major benefit of the Canucks making playoffs is seeing how players perform in a much more demanding workplace. The regular season is not playoff hockey. Different game all together. Stecher is a character player and I give him cred for his approach to the game. That said I do see him being moved. I simply question how well he will fair in game in game out heavy play. If his ppg were higher I might think differently. Is there another option with more size that can deliver what he does? I have to think yes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

This makes no sense.    If you assume that the size/space on the "back end" is constant, there would be an equal amount of room for guys irrespective of size.   Now, if you tried to cram a bunch of big guys and then a bunch of small guys into that constant space, which group of guys could you find more of at the end of the cramming?   Bingo.    There is always "more room" for small guys as they are smaller.   

It works in any unit - check it out:

image014.gif

:ph34r:

Just did the math. It checks out.

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

You still pay for that garbage?

The Athletics put out, by far, the best sports articles today

7 minutes ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

That's why they're behind a paywall right?

9 minutes ago, 5Fivehole0 said:

I had no idea that bar was so low.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

A major benefit of the Canucks making playoffs is seeing how players perform in a much more demanding workplace. The regular season is not playoff hockey. Different game all together. Stecher is a character player and I give him cred for his approach to the game. That said I do see him being moved. I simply question how well he will fair in game in game out heavy play. If his ppg were higher I might think differently. Is there another option with more size that can deliver what he does? I have to think yes. 

Stecher kind of reminds me of Mike Weaver.  A smart, confident but smaller guy that does his best to play a big man's game.  

That a few more inches taller and an extra 20 pounds, and he would be a legitimate top-4 on any team.  

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

That's why they're behind a paywall right?

Not sure what that has to do with anything.  They don’t have the massive ad revenue of the networks so they pay their writers by having a subscription model.  How dare those writers expect to be paid for their work. 

4 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Not sure what that has to do with anything.  They don’t have the massive ad revenue of the networks so they pay their writers by having a subscription model.  How dare those writers expect to be paid for their work. 

If they were that good they'd be more popular and have more traffic. More traffic=more ads. More ads=more revenue. More revenue=no paywall. 

Kind of like if I started 73Ps sports blog. Best around. 8 bucks to read what i have to think though...