The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

17 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

Count down is on.

3 more Regular season games left. Then the playoffs which is best of 7.

wish Tryamkin plays great but sadly I hope his team is swept 1st round.

Oooh their number one goalie is out with surgery. The two backups don't look real good. One looks lost and the other is so-so.

They needed some size up front but didn't really add any big forwards for the playoffs. 

ergo I don't really see them making a big push in the post season. 

• Cheers 2

the biggest need has always been a  dman who can hold his own end and replace edler.

Eagle has been really good but age is wearing him down. We need to go after a stay at home d man via trades if we have any chance of making playoffs.

Not sure if tryamkin will need to clear waivers to play if he signs with canucks right after his season in KHL is done

If that quote was real (where Tryamkin said VAN is full of drug addicts etc.), what if he really doesn't want to play here? I believe he said he wanted to play in the NHL, but I don't believe he said for the Canucks. Canucks only own his rights for the next year or two, what is that worth? Maybe they don't smoke weed in Columbus? :ph34r: Not legal for recreational use there anyway. Boone Jenner might look good in a Canucks uni. Having a so-so year, he could use a change of scenery.

to CBJ - Rights to Tryamkin and Sutter

to VAN - Jenner and 5th

Edited by NUCKER67
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

If that quote was real (where Tryamkin said VAN is full of drug addicts etc.), what if he really doesn't want to play here? I believe he said he wanted to play in the NHL, but I don't believe he said for the Canucks. Canucks only own his rights for the next year or two, what is that worth? Maybe they don't smoke weed in Columbus? :ph34r: Not legal for recreational use there anyway. Boone Jenner might look good in a Canucks uni. Having a so-so year, he could use a change of scenery.

to CBJ - Rights to Tryamkin and Sutter

to VAN - Jenner and 5th

Trading Tree’s tights is the most likely scenario.  Why Columbus though?  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Trading Tree’s tights is the most likely scenario.  Why Columbus though?  

I hope that's not the case at all. The one thing we need right now is more team toughness, heading into the post-season. And with Ferland looking extremely unlikely to return, Tryamkin is one of the few who offer that toughness upgrade. We need him more than ever, and trading him at this point, after waiting so long for his return, would seem counter-intuitive. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Slegr said:

I hope that's not the case at all. The one thing we need right now is more team toughness, heading into the post-season. And with Ferland looking extremely unlikely to return, Tryamkin is one of the few who offer that toughness upgrade. We need him more than ever, and trading him at this point, after waiting so long for his return, would seem counter-intuitive. 

Tree (more importantly his wife) needs to want to live here.  The first try failed miserably.  Why in the world would Tree and his wife want to live here again?  

1 minute ago, mikkim said:

Just curious, why do you think that is the most likely scenario?

Tree and his wife hated living here.  East coast teams like Washington, Tampa, etc  are better known for Russian players and their families enjoying.  That’s who I think it’s most likely we trade his rights.  

Just now, Alflives said:

Tree (more importantly his wife) needs to want to live here.  The first try failed miserably.  Why in the world would Tree and his wife want to live here again?  

If he signs, it'll be for more than he earned in his rookie year, when he was probably living in a pretty seedy area. He can now afford to live in a less pot-infiltrated neighbourhood. Every City has those problems. He'll be sporting a Canucks jersey soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Tree and his wife hated living here.  East coast teams like Washington, Tampa, etc  are better known for Russian players and their families enjoying.  That’s who I think it’s most likely we trade his rights.  

I never saw that article where he was quoted as saying he and his wife hated living here, I pretty sure there was some mention of being home sick, I could be wrong, but I don't recall anything about him saying they hated it.

• Huggy Bear 1

3 minutes ago, Slegr said:

If he signs, it'll be for more than he earned in his rookie year, when he was probably living in a pretty seedy area. He can now afford to live in a less pot-infiltrated neighbourhood. Every City has those problems. He'll be sporting a Canucks jersey soon.

It’s up to his wife.  And she will not come back here.  I remember Pierre McGuire said the Canucks didn’t do a very good job making Tree’s young wife feel welcomed here.  He said it’s really important to do that and we didn’t.  She will not come back here, and that’s on the team.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mikkim said:

I never saw that article where he was quoted as saying he and his wife hated living here, I pretty sure there was some mention of being home sick, I could be wrong, but I don't recall anything about him saying they hated it.

Tree said we were a pot city.  Our team failed him and his young wife.  JB has done awesome things here, but the treatment of Tree and his wife was s big miss.  No way she will come back here.

• Cheers 1