The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

34 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Chara couldn’t skate til he was 26/27..  Niks skating ability supersedes Chara hands down.

We weren't directly talking about his skating but yes, taking his training and diet (as well as skating) more seriously in his mid 20's (or 26/27) is what created the 'modern' Chara we all know and respect.

Try's skating is indeed better than Chara's prior to him making that change. Assuming the rest will follow though...not sure I see the evidence for it thus far. Happy to see him do it though! 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

How easy it is to forget !

Tanev would have tracked this check to behind his own net.. 

hey don't bash the Tanman, he's bled for us more than anyone. But yeah, I miss this. 

20 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

How easy it is to forget !

Tanev would have tracked this check to behind his own net.. 

Footnote:  these are low-side calculations..

Search Results

(250 pounds) x 30 kilometers per hour =
944.984104 m kg / s

That is Force.
  • Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

Has Tryamkin said that he is actually going to come back to Vancouver?

i think he is first waiting to hear

if vancouver will become a weed free zone first

and if goat sacrificing can take place on ice before critical games

i heard somewhere he wants assurances willy will be back as well

55 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

i think he is first waiting to hear

if vancouver will become a weed free zone first

and if goat sacrificing can take place on ice before critical games

i heard somewhere he wants assurances willy will be back as well

I kind of get the poor humour attempt with the weed and Willy references, but what's with the goat sacrifices? 

I, for one, am very pumped at the possibility of Tryamkin's imminent return. It's been a long wait.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Slegr said:

I kind of get the poor humour attempt with the weed and Willy references, but what's with the goat sacrifices? 

I, for one, am very pumped at the possibility of Tryamkin's imminent return. It's been a long wait.

you did not hear ?

there was an incident in russian hockey

were there was some sort of animal ritual

i forget the details

the poor humour viewpoint of yours

is that you do not like tram's words that were silly

being repeated

his negative view about willy, even if valid, was not a valid reason to not re-sign with the nucks

as willy was fired, and tram walked away afterwards anyway

so it is hard to see that this connection was so real

i would love to see tram back, effective, and productive

but the khl is not the nhl

it is not as fast or skilled

there will be a transition period

khl shape is not nhl shape

we'll need to see if tram is in nhl shape

and if he can adapt to the speed increase in the game

that has happened since he last played here

Edited by coastal.view

29 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

you did not hear ?

i forget the details

being repeated

his negative view about willy, even if valid, was not a valid reason to not re-sign with the nucks

They slit a goats throat at center ice as part of the opening ceremony. It simply doesn’t get any better than that! Only in Russia you say, what a pity!

7 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

man I hope you're right. I was so disappointed when he got Willied out of here. I can't see Nik being worse than Fantenberg or Benn, and he brings a fear factor that very few players can. That ANA game still comes to mind, that look of "who the hell is this guy" :lol:

Yeah, Anaheim was used to running over our players with no consequence, the shock of Tryamkin throwing them around like rag dolls was soooo hard on Anaheim that I almost felt pity for them... till I remembered what a*holesthey had been to the Canucks, then I just sat back and added a sour slice of lemon to my bottle of Stella.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

15 minutes ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Yeah, Anaheim was used to running over our players with no consequence, the shock of Tryamkin throwing them around like rag dolls was soooo hard on Anaheim that I almost felt pity for them... till I remembered what a*holesthey had been to the Canucks, then I just sat back and added a sour slice of lemon to my bottle of Stella.

They sent their whole team after him.

B)

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, coastal.view said:

you did not hear ?

i forget the details

being repeated

space floating GIF by Tomas Brunsdon

^

please,   nobody help this guy.. it’s cold in outer space.

Edited by SilentSam

Puustinen scores at the 12 m mark, Sibir 1-0 lead in the 1st. Quickly followed by an Avto pp goal all tied 1-1. Sibir then scores with the extra man as Avto was about to get a penalty. Avto  challenges for goaltender interference. Loses challenge no power play? Sibir kills off a important pp at the bottom of the period. Coincidental minors to end the period. All the special teams limited Tryamkins ice time.  But he had one spirited shift knocking down  Sibir forwards. Sibir skating with a lot of jump. 

Avto ties it up midway through the 2nd.

Sibir takes the lead 3-2 in the 3rd on a even strength goal. Tryamkin with an assist on  SH goal game now tied 3-3 in the 3rd.

Sometimes I think killing the 2 minutes is more important especially with 6 minutes left in the game. I think this was one of those times, rather then trying to force the pp and getting caught out of position from a desperate team.

Overtime. Trading chances. PP for Sibir....

Hey @SilentSam OT WINNER! 

SIBIR LEADS 3-0!!

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

16 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Easy to realize the posters here who don’t watch prospects play games where ever they might be playing.

They would rather comment on posters who do actively watch these prospects play.. and follow their careers from a junior level up.

personally, I watched Chara play live for his time in P.George,

then watched him go through his growth with NYI, Ott, Bos..

It was Boston that really believed in the young man..

Chara was never gifted the skating ability, checking or puck moving that I have seen with Tryamkin..  and that’s from his World Junior debut as a 20yr old in 2014.

In Comparison Chara couldn’t skate well until he got to Boston in his late 20’s.

in his early to mid 20’s Chara looked like Bambi on ice.

nobody took a chance on Tryamkin because he was set on staying in Russia back then.

Although his aspirations to come to the NHL were strong, proven by his personal appearance to the NHL Draft without getting picked the first time.. and again in his personal appearance at the Draft we picked him in.. he was there.

Tryamkin has done it his way, and probably will continue to do that,  control of your career is something we all should admire..

The potential in this young man is greater for it.

He has avoided playing in pugilist leagues being made to fight at the tap of his ankle.. which would have diminished his game.

Wasting time fighting guys who just want to fight to make a name for themselves.

He new the game was getting above and beyond that, he needed to play the game to be the better hockey player he knew he was.

What I saw in Tryamkin yesterday, was a massive man who can skate as fast and skilled as anybody.  I saw a man who can consistently shut a play down by taking the puck carrier out, flatly on the ice in 2 strides..

NOT track a puck carrier hoping his teammates will come back to set up Defensively..  Tryamkin leaves no, to very little gap, and can kill it immediately.

Silently he is scary.. 

The potential in this man is large, but his game is great enough for the NHL immediately..  and I’m confident will match or do better than some that we have seen.

Nice job Sam.

• Cheers 1