The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

2 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Puustinen scores at the 12 m mark, Sibir 1-0 lead in the 1st. Quickly followed by an Avto pp goal all tied 1-1. Sibir then scores with the extra man as Avto was about to get a penalty. Avto  challenges for goaltender interference. Loses challenge no power play? Sibir kills off a important pp at the bottom of the period. Coincidental minors to end the period. All the special teams limited Tryamkins ice time.  But he had one spirited shift knocking down  Sibir forwards. Sibir skating with a lot of jump. 

Avto ties it up midway through the 2nd.

Go sibir!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I saw the 1st period and the OT..

Nik plays like he owns his zone,  I have not seen anything to deter me, or want to correct the strong positive opinion I carry for this young man..  it’s hard to find a weakness really.

He is a beast. Intelligent, Fast, and physically Furious.. full tool box , and yes , because of his size, a true force.

These playoffs are bringing him into full maturity.

again, it is kind of sad to see him lose with his team Avtomobilist,  but I will be happy to see him in a Canucks Jersey.

This is a Defenceman we do not have but desperately need.

I guess if we're looking to poke some honest holes in his game the thing that stands out to me is he won't be generating many points. And thats OK as long as people's expectations are that he's going to be there purely for his defence capabilities. That might change a bit depending on who he's paired with but we shouldn't be expecting much from him on that front. 

But the positive side of that is we don't have any unrealistic point generation expectations - and hence higher salary - for him. He should come in at a pretty reasonable deal. 

14 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I guess if we're looking to poke some honest holes in his game the thing that stands out to me is he won't be generating many points. And thats OK as long as people's expectations are that he's going to be there purely for his defence capabilities. That might change a bit depending on who he's paired with but we shouldn't be expecting much from him on that front. 

But the positive side of that is we don't have any unrealistic point generation expectations - and hence higher salary - for him. He should come in at a pretty reasonable deal. 

He's going to be putting guys on their rear ends all around our net and his kind of physical play is infectious, something we badly need!!

4 minutes ago, aliboy said:

He's going to be putting guys on their rear ends all around our net and his kind of physical play is infectious, something we badly need!!

I noticed the play naturally generates away from his corner. I noticed myself yelling at Sibir "Don't throw it in Try's corner! You'll lose possession! Swing it the other way!" What a great game.

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I would like to see him paired with Hughes; he will get enough points and Huggy can cover a lot of ice if Nik is caught out.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, aliboy said:

oh no doubt. Just don't expect 30 points out of him.