The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

7 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

He wasn't a huge point getter when he was here and look at where we are.. 469 pages of anticipation on a 3rd round pick that bolted to Russia! His intangibles made him an instant fan favourite. Hopefully he likes Green more than Willy D

That is a good point IM

But I am more concerned about those 2 assistant coaches...……..IMO, there is not enough spark to light a match

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I think we're on the same page. I just don't want to see CDC pouting when Nik doesn't hit 30 points. I do think the NHL really pushes the idea that d are more valuable when they generate a lot of points and forget about the actual d play. Tyson Barrie, e.g., 

It's not just the NHL. It's the media and fanbases. Points are the easiest/simplest sign of a successful player. Highlights will almost never show a smart defensive play, they only show goals, an occasional big save and controversial hits. The casual fanbase only sees this and that is all of value. The players that contribute on the less heralded stats do not often get the credit they deserve.

Aside from points, people are going to be expecting Tryamkin to be dishing out hits night in and night out. I don't see many people crediting him with his solid defensive play aside from the physical aspect of it.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Nik's next game is March 8,  very early, Sunday morning.

If Siberia wins this game, Nik is "Free at last, free at last, free at last" to sign with us.

If Autodriver wins, we have to wait for one more SIB win out of the remaining games in that series.

Earliest he could come over is Sunday, on which night we host the BJobs and Torts (wouldn't he appreciate Tree?)

We play at home on the 10th vs NYI and on the road at the dog pound on Thursday the 12th, and the next night at Colorado.

I would think the team would like to get him over here asap, at least to be around the team and assess the situation.

I doubt he jumps on a plane as soon as they lose. I doubt they have their bags packed already for as soon as they're done (unless of course it's been pre-negotiated that he will sign immediately and knowing that Avto will release him asap). He's also not playing in NA, so it's not like a college signing that could step in right away. There will be a lot more logistics involved (visa, jet lag, accommodations, practices, etc). If they do lose the next game, he's probably not playing until sometime during the road trip which would be good to ease him in on the road rather than the full pressure to dominate at home immediately.

2 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

It's not just the NHL. It's the media and fanbases. Points are the easiest/simplest sign of a successful player. Highlights will almost never show a smart defensive play, they only show goals, an occasional big save and controversial hits. The casual fanbase only sees this and that is all of value. The players that contribute on the less heralded stats do not often get the credit they deserve.

Aside from points, people are going to be expecting Tryamkin to be dishing out hits night in and night out. I don't see many people crediting him with his solid defensive play aside from the physical aspect of it.

Agreed!

I think CDC and fans in general have to watch and appreciate why teams will start entering on the other side of the ice, as before...……….

and ask...…...Why are they doing that?

The advantage, bigger players have other than hitting, is on zone entries by the opposition, where with proper gap control, they have to protect the puck much sooner, or have a BFG stick come swooping across the ice, separating them from the puck. To me, that is one of the advantages. There is a clip around here that illustrates that perfectly, and then finishes it off with a resounding crunch, as the player goes to recover it (which ultimately ends the play)...……….with Tryamkin's size......as with Big Buff, Pronger and many other large Dmen, it just becomes an obvious decision to enter from the other side and have a better success rate......

15 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

I know you are just being sarcastic for those that do not see.....but on that note

I baffles me that people judge Tryamkin on his start and not his finish, meaning that as a NHL rookie, he definitely had a learning curve, but near the end, he was being utilized more as a 3/4, and some would argue, that his impact was a higher than that, as if I remember rightly, with injuries to Tanev in the 2nd half, his usage was in a lot more in tougher situations. Was he, a #1, no. Will he ever be a number 1 or 2, probably not, but as a 3/4, where he gets put up against number 1 lines, where his size would be a plus, I honestly do not think he doesn't help.

I find it foolish by some here, that state that a player can not improve in the KHL. His maturing alone, improves his overall performance, and I am sure his realization that coaches, regardless of where, will use him as they seem fit, will probably help his general outlook. (keep in mind that on his KHL team, they rotated Dmen in and out of the line-up) 

To me, regardless of anything else, he will have improved because of that. Another thing that will have changed his outlook, is that he has had to battle seasoned veterans, even in the KHL, who slash, cross check, spear, elbow, and fight, etc, on a game by game basis. IMO, Tryamkin was a little naïve, when he was here about that. I don't think that will happen this time around.

If he does come back, and I think he will, he and his wife will have better readied themselves for those realities, including the language and the pot smoking! LOL. He was young and now he is seasoned. Let's just hope Benning can find the money to sign him.

That is what would Pssss me off, more than anything!

virginia tech football GIF

Not really worried about finding the cap to sign him unless he wants like a 5 million dollar deal right away.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

I doubt he jumps on a plane as soon as they lose. I doubt they have their bags packed already for as soon as they're done (unless of course it's been pre-negotiated that he will sign immediately and knowing that Avto will release him asap). He's also not playing in NA, so it's not like a college signing that could step in right away. There will be a lot more logistics involved (visa, jet lag, accommodations, practices, etc). If they do lose the next game, he's probably not playing until sometime during the road trip which would be good to ease him in on the road rather than the full pressure to dominate at home immediately.

For argument's sake, let's say he signs for $3.5m AAV Sunday morning.

He will get paid roughly $43,000 per game for the remainder of this season.

I would pack my bags and get on a plane asap to start cashing those $43G chips.

His agent would also appreciate cashing in on BFG as soon as possible.

As long as the contract offer is close, I do not expect much posturing.

Logistics and jet lag will be eased by all that lovely lucre.

And, of course, I'm a huge Tryamkin fan, and want him on the team by Sunday night!

I would just love to see Torts' reactions as he sees BFG suit up, accept his BFO (ovation), and knock the shht out of the BBJ (biggest blow jacket).

And then watch Edler go over and poke Torts repeatedly while screaming in his ear!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Goal:thecup said:

For argument's sake, let's say he signs for $3.5m AAV Sunday morning.

He will get paid roughly $43,000 per game for the remainder of this season.

I would pack my bags and get on a plane asap to start cashing those $43G chips.

His agent would also appreciate cashing in on BFG as soon as possible.

As long as the contract offer is close, I do not expect much posturing.

Logistics and jet lag will be eased by all that lovely lucre.

And, of course, I'm a huge Tryamkin fan, and want him on the team by Sunday night!

I would just love to see Torts' reactions as he sees BFG suit up, accept his BFO (ovation), and knock the shht out of the BBJ (biggest blow jacket).

And then watch Edler go over and poke Torts repeatedly while screaming in his ear!

Yes I want him back asap, but at the same time, I want to make sure we aren't rushing him here. Give him his time to settle in so he can be mentally and physically prepared hopefully for a playoff grind. If he's good to go right away, then I'm all for it, but I'm also prepared if he wants ease himself back into a situation where he's hopefully happy for the remainder of his career.

32 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Yes I want him back asap, but at the same time, I want to make sure we aren't rushing him here. Give him his time to settle in so he can be mentally and physically prepared hopefully for a playoff grind. If he's good to go right away, then I'm all for it, but I'm also prepared if he wants ease himself back into a situation where he's hopefully happy for the remainder of his career.

You make it sound like he’s jumping from Bantam hockey to Major Junior :picard:

Tell me honestly how many games you’ve watched Tryamkin play in the last 3 seasons?

Edited by SilentSam

5 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

You make it sound like he’s jumping from Bantam hockey to Major Junior :picard:

Tell me honestly how many games you’ve watched Tryamkin play in the last 3 seasons?

Who pissed in your corn flakes this morning? You're making it sound like caring for his well-being is some sort of knock on him. Take it easy, I'm one of his biggest supporters here. If you want me to be honest, I've watched 0 games of his in the last 3 seasons, but have followed almost religiously in this thread for updates. I've been blasting those that have been against him as well. But I guess that makes me not as big of a fan of his as you are supposedly since I haven't watched any KHL games?

You jumped the shark on me over a sarcastic comment and now this. You aren't doing Tryamkin any favours.

46 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Jess havin' sum fun Theo, relax.

JB will do right by the BFG.

Don't worry, be happy!

Agent say, contract's late,

Why would he procrastinate?

Don't worry; be happy.

So far, the stars are aligning for NT to join the Canucks at the end of this season (and hopefully for the playoffs).

His team is down 3 games to none, on the brink of elimination, and he is almost at the beginning of a new career in the NHL.

He has been playing extremely well and is giving it his all trying to help his team succeed, showing more of his good character.

Can't ask for much more than that and I will continue to be happy as he leaves the KHL, joins the NHL, suits up for the Canucks, etc.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Who pissed in your corn flakes this morning? You're making it sound like caring for his well-being is some sort of knock on him. Take it easy, I'm one of his biggest supporters here. If you want me to be honest, I've watched 0 games of his in the last 3 seasons, but have followed almost religiously in this thread for updates. I've been blasting those that have been against him as well. But I guess that makes me not as big of a fan of his as you are supposedly since I haven't watched any KHL games?

You jumped the shark on me over a sarcastic comment and now this. You aren't doing Tryamkin any favours.

Watch some games in the future and then come with your protocol of how you would handle a player you haven’t seen in 3 years.

Buying into others BS makes you look like a fool.

.. but you seem oblivious to that fact.

No body has pissed in my cornflakes this morning..  

but while you were rubbing one out I watched 2 periods of Avtomobilist’s game today.

Not to sound like an authority, but I have probably watched Nik play on avg. 10 games of each of the past 3 seasons.

if you know this thread, which you should, you would realize the @Hairy Kneel and @Stierlitz probably have watch double that in the 3 years that Tryamkin has been gone.

@Stierlitz even translates media reports from the KHL for us if he is online.

But easily realizing that you don’t get that, your making yourself out to be a uninformed troll, flip flopping on everybody else’s uncalculated opinion.. trying to cover your ass with bad humour , after pissing on the toilet seat in the dark.

Your comments, and speculations are weak..

if you want to offer something,  WATCH and discuss it like the rest of us try to do with out getting drawn into your Richmond rush hour.

Get Better..  or get lost Playboy.

hanging dead body GIF

12 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Watch some games in the future and then come with your protocol of how you would handle a player you haven’t seen in 3 years.

but while you were rubbing one out I watched 2 periods of Avtomobilist’s game today.

Not to sound like an authority, but I have probably watched Nik play on avg. 10 games of each of the past 3 seasons.

if you know this thread, which you should, you would realize the @Hairy Kneel and @Stierlitz probably have watch double that in the 3 years that Tryamkin has been gone.

But easily realizing that you don’t get that, your making yourself out to be a uninformed troll, flip flopping on everybody else’s uncalculated opinion.. trying to cover your ass with bad humour , after pissing on the toilet seat in the dark.

if you want to offer something,  WATCH and discuss it like the rest of us try to do with out getting drawn into your Richmond rush hour.

hanging dead body GIF

Just because you watched him means very little unless you've seen something extraordinary that makes you think he's a sure fire bet for the NHL.

Since I haven't read one credible report on it from anyone else I will also temper my expectations like Theo. He doesn't seem to be lighting up the Russian league so I'll wait and see without high expectations. 

4 hours ago, SilentSam said:

I saw the 1st period and the OT..

Nik plays like he owns his zone,  I have not seen anything to deter me, or want to correct the strong positive opinion I carry for this young man..  it’s hard to find a weakness really.

He is a beast. Intelligent, Fast, and physically Furious.. full tool box , and yes , because of his size, a true force.

These playoffs are bringing him into full maturity.

again, it is kind of sad to see him lose with his team Avtomobilist,  but I will be happy to see him in a Canucks Jersey.

This is a Defenceman we do not have but desperately need.

We REALLY need this. Someone who will make it hell for opposition forwards to get into the slot for shots.

• Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

hanging dead body GIF

Very aware of who to actually follow here for news as like I've said, I've followed this thread over the 3 years he's been gone. I'm not sure what's so offensive in thinking that he may actually play in a game during the road trip when considering his travel and joining a new system. But apparently that makes me an uninformed troll.

Attacking fellow Tryamkin supporters. Like I said, not doing Tryamkin any favours.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Just because you watched him means very little unless you've seen something extraordinary that makes you think he's a sure fire bet for the NHL.

Since I haven't read one credible report on it from anyone else I will also temper my expectations like Theo. He doesn't seem to be lighting up the Russian league so I'll wait and see without high expectations. 

1. I made a sarcastic comment towards those that see very little in Tryamkin

2. I made a comment thinking that even though his season may end on the 8th, I think it'll take some time for him to settle in, so we shouldn't be expecting him to play immediately. If he does great, if he doesn't, I'm sure some will be jumping on Green and Benning on why he isn't playing so soon and I'm simply suggesting why it could be a later first game back.

I'm not "tempering my expectations", I think he will be a very good addition, but my expectations do differ to others. I feel like others should dial it down a notch though as they're overcompensating those that have been against Tryamkin. He's no Chara, but he's no scrub either. I fully expect him to be a top 4 dman for us, but I am also willing to wait until next season for him to try and battle for that spot (while he joins us this season in a lesser role, not because I think he's not going to be good, but we have a team here that he's simply not going to just overtake unless his play/injuries dictates it).

But hey what do I know? I haven't watched him the KHL.

• Cheers 2

I am just tired of seeing the Canucks goalies screened and the tips from in front are driving me nuts.

I want to see someone clear the crease.

Stetcher works hard but he cannot physically move those forwards from in front and if he takes up a position early he is more easily moved than someone like Myers.

We need some more of our own immovable objects in front of the net.

Some defenders with size and speed will really help the team. I just feel the team is too light at the moment with Stetcher and Hughes at one end of the size spectrum and Myers being the only one at the other end.

The rest of the defence is not small but not monstrous either.

Tryamkin just adds some serous height and weight which is exactly what this team needs. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

What is “lighting it up”?

your looking for goals?  Lol

Edited by SilentSam