The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

37 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

1. I made a sarcastic comment towards those that see very little in Tryamkin

2. I made a comment thinking that even though his season may end on the 8th, I think it'll take some time for him to settle in, so we shouldn't be expecting him to play immediately. If he does great, if he doesn't, I'm sure some will be jumping on Green and Benning on why he isn't playing so soon and I'm simply suggesting why it could be a later first game back.

I'm not "tempering my expectations", I think he will be a very good addition, but my expectations do differ to others. I feel like others should dial it down a notch though as they're overcompensating those that have been against Tryamkin. He's no Chara, but he's no scrub either. I fully expect him to be a top 4 dman for us, but I am also willing to wait until next season for him to try and battle for that spot (while he joins us this season in a lesser role, not because I think he's not going to be good, but we have a team here that he's simply not going to just overtake unless his play/injuries dictates it).

But hey what do I know? I haven't watched him the KHL.

With the right offensive player after his next full season Tryamkin will be comparable to Chara in his 1st season as Bruin.

That potential is based on what I have seen from Tryamkin this season in regular and playoff play.

you can watch his game 4 or Sunday at this link:

https://skorlive.com/icehockey

game starts around 3:30am pst.

its free, no addresses, no cards , 

.. cheapskate.

Edited by SilentSam
Time change
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Just because you watched him means very little unless you've seen something extraordinary that makes you think he's a sure fire bet for the NHL.

Since I haven't read one credible report on it from anyone else I will also temper my expectations like Theo. He doesn't seem to be lighting up the Russian league so I'll wait and see without high expectations. 

Watch !  FFS. Sunday

5 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I guess if we're looking to poke some honest holes in his game the thing that stands out to me is he won't be generating many points. And thats OK as long as people's expectations are that he's going to be there purely for his defence capabilities. That might change a bit depending on who he's paired with but we shouldn't be expecting much from him on that front. 

But the positive side of that is we don't have any unrealistic point generation expectations - and hence higher salary - for him. He should come in at a pretty reasonable deal. 

Watch it Sunday at 3:30 am and then create an opinion Jimmy.

He will be fighting for his team, possibly the last time.

ADB77931-8DA1-4F78-832A-C2E77BAE6016.png

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

2. I made a comment thinking that even though his season may end on the 8th, I think it'll take some time for him to settle in, so we shouldn't be expecting him to play immediately. If he does great, if he doesn't, I'm sure some will be jumping on Green and Benning on why he isn't playing so soon and I'm simply suggesting why it could be a later first game back.

I'm not "tempering my expectations", I think he will be a very good addition, but my expectations do differ to others. I feel like others should dial it down a notch though as they're overcompensating those that have been against Tryamkin. He's no Chara, but he's no scrub either. I fully expect him to be a top 4 dman for us, but I am also willing to wait until next season for him to try and battle for that spot (while he joins us this season in a lesser role, not because I think he's not going to be good, but we have a team here that he's simply not going to just overtake unless his play/injuries dictates it).

He doesn't have the offensive skills that Chara does, he's not quite as tall, but he's a stockier build than Chara and, I believe a little heavier.

He skates and moves incredibly well for a guy his size, has the overall mobility of a much smaller guy. Have heard that he has a booming slap shot from the point, but that he doesn't use it as much as he should, and that its no where near as accurate as a lot of guys, just raw power.

He's never going to put up massive number of points for us, but if he would just produce Lucic teeth marks in the glass at Rogers arena, with a good HARD, clean hit, I would be beyond ecstatic with his being back on the team.

I don't care if he puts up more than 5 points a season, if he can only reduce good scoring chances for the opposition from the slot by about 20% and generally make opposition forwards much more afraid to move into the corners in our end of the ice. In past, he's proven that he can do that and he was still very much developing when he was here before.

Really looking forward to seeing him back and seeing how he has progressed in the last 3 years.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

13 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

With the right offensive player after his next full season Tryamkin will be comparable to Chara in his 1st season as Bruin.

That potential is based on what I have seen from Tryamkin this season in regular and playoff play.

you can watch his game 4 or Sunday at this link:

game starts around 7am pst.

its free, no addresses, no cards , 

.. cheapskate.

Raising two young boys, I wish I had the time and energy to follow. These are things I would've watched back when I was a young 20 year old. I am lucky to be able to get the kids down to have enough time to watch the Canucks regularly on the PVR if I don't pass out myself while watching. I do my best trying to follow the regular updates from the usual respected insiders of Tryamkin here and I feel like I have a good grasp of what to expect of him as a player.

I just want a solid trusted defensive player (which he is right now in the KHL). If he can add the offense here as well, that is just an additional bonus.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Maybe one game early but.

Various thoughts on signing Tryamkin next week.

His team is down 0 -3 and the last game is Sunday.

He will not be a savior I am not encouraging that concept but he would add depth and if he is the player that left he is an upgrade.

Currently he is playing over 23 minutes a game

He has not been scored on while on the ice in the playoffs and is a plus one. So not here for scoring prowess.

He has the most hits and blocked shots on his team.

Those of us that remember his game here when he was getting jerked around all over the place and later found out the coach never talked to him.

Still has more sticking up for his team mates in that one season than all that has happened since then, he is till the leader.

He was one of the fastest skater on the team, certainly the biggest and we all know that big guys do well in the playoffs and are often more robust.

Not that he will get any help from Green but Willie kept him off the PP, had him playing both sides and killing penalties, not many OZ starts.

IMO he was easily superior to Gudbranson as a rookie.

OH, and he hits like a truck, players get up after he touches them.

The cap might be a problem, his contract will not. While it doesn't expire until April 30th getting a release isn't hard because the KHL wants players to play there, it is not Russia of old. At the Tryamkin could buyout if necessary so his deal here has to be creative.

Limited cap space-

He signs for league minimum for one year, this season, cap hit is tiny.

He signs a multi year deal with a stagger, first year 1 mil, July 1 signing bonus and salary 2021 cap hit then. Something along the lines of William Nylander's deal.

Remember he is not the great savior he is a very young, 25, established very big man that does have attitude. he is a superior depth defense man, he was better than Edler, Gudbranson, Hutton and Stecher easily a 3-4 defense man.

He could be playing next Wednesday.

When he left he had fulfilled his contract, other players under contract have fled so there is or was a problem with communication and development. Benning gave him the contract that stated no Utica assignments, Linden and Benning, so he didn't refuse, they should not have asked and that information should have been internal and not leaked by the team to the media, that is on Benning not the player.

He didn't insult the city, in every translation there is how verbs are attached, before, after and current, saying he smelled pot could easily have been the aroma of pot, the fragrance of pot, besides if the team had bothered to talk to him they might have found a better hotel or accommodations for him than putting him up in the downtown eastside by Oppenheimer Park and Blood Alley. I am of Vancouver and hate going there.

Leave behind all the "I hate him because the team said too" stuff, just about ALL the negative stuff came from the team leaks and they leaked what they wanted to make things look better than they were.

Maybe he waits until the end of the season and misses out on getting paid an extra 100 g's, maybe Corona Vid 19 shuts down the league,

4 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Raising two young boys, I wish I had the time and energy to follow. These are things I would've watched back when I was a young 20 year old. I am lucky to be able to get the kids down to have enough time to watch the Canucks regularly on the PVR if I don't pass out myself while watching. I do my best trying to follow the regular updates from the usual respected insiders of Tryamkin here and I feel like I have a good grasp of what to expect of him as a player.

I just want a solid trusted defensive player (which he is right now in the KHL). If he can add the offense here as well, that is just an additional bonus.

Watch that game Theo, if your still not convinced of the positive power and potential this player brings by himself, or even more paired with a player “like” Hughes,

I will buy you a coffee sometime , or perhaps a pop after the first period of a game at Rogers that Niks in.

Don’t hit my soft spot again. .

Edited by SilentSam

Get him signed!! I am assuming they left enough cap space as JB has had this on his radar all along. Even if he signed a multi-year deal it's only what's left on this season that's a consideration for right now, or sign him for the balance of the year then do another contract.

Edited by aliboy
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Yeah. I see where you are coming from. I follow this thread religiously as well.

Unlike you I don't know if he will be a guaranteed top 4, but if he has improved at all he should definitely have a crack. It is very hard to tell though coming from a different league. Players skills transference is not a predictable thing so hopefully he's willing to stick with it if he faces some adversity.

3 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Watch that game Theo, if your still not convinced of the positive power and potential this player brings by himself, or even more paired with a player “like” Hughes,

I will buy you a coffee sometime , or perhaps a pop after the first period of a game at Rogers that Niks in.

Don’t hit my soft spot again. .

3:30am, I much prefer to get some sleep at that time while I can. I like what he brings and his potential, I just have a different view/expectation on how he will fit into our lineup that will be a positive net effect on the team. Anything extra he adds on top is gravy.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Yeah. I see where you are coming from. I follow this thread religiously as well.

Unlike you I don't know if he will be a guaranteed top 4, but if he has improved at all he should definitely have a crack. It is very hard to tell though coming from a different league. Players skills transference is not a predictable thing so hopefully he's willing to stick with it if he faces some adversity.

He plays pretty much top pairing minutes for his team now in the top PK/defensive role (so I think slightly lower minutes in a better league should be manageable). I think he has matured in his thinking and has taken another step in his training. Most of the initial concerns about his mental preparedness and conditioning are issues to me. So it boils down to if he can handle the level of play here. Physically no problem, but the actual defensive side. Seeing how he has evolved his defensive game in the KHL gives me hope that he can do so here. I think there will be a readjustment period and the simple fact that he isn't just going to overtake our current players in the midst of a playoff drive unless it's called upon due to injuries or a cold streak. I think he can surely handle the minutes of a top 4 player and I hope he can start to take over Tanev's duties/spot especially after the offseason should Tanev walk.

He won't be a savior, but as I posted in his dedicated thread, if he can reduce shots against from the slot and bring some actual fear to opposition forwards about going into the corners after pucks, I'll be pretty happy.

As much as I'd always like to see Canuck prospects having success, really hoping that his season in Russia (and contract) ends on Sunday and that he's signed and here by mid next week and starting to practice with the team.

We need to be much harder to play against inside our own blueline, and he's the type of player that can accomplish that without playing dirty.

• Cheers 1

42 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

What is “lighting it up”?

your looking for goals?  Lol

No. I mean playing so well that media outlets around the world are taking notice and questioning not if but when and which NHL team will benefit from his obvious talent.

From what I've encapsulated he is a good RUS player, but not an obvious "surefire" NHL player like Panarin. I know you're a huge supporter so know I an not trying to slam him. Just honestly questioning how and if he'll translate.

Goals, lol. He has never really scored many points in his career.