The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

In the event a professional or former professional Player plays in a league outside North America after the start of the NHL Regular Season, other than on Loan from his Club, he may thereafter play in the NHL during that Playing Season (including Playoffs) only if he has first either cleared or been obtained via Waivers. For the balance of the Playing Season, any such Player who has been obtained via Waivers may be Traded or Loaned only after again clearing Waivers or through Waiver claim. This section shall not apply to a Player on the Reserve List or Restricted Free Agent List of an NHL Club with whom the Player is signing an NHL SPC or is party to an existing SPC with such NHL Club.

Thanks. So he can in fact be signed and play for us this year, so CBall was incorrect.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, on the cycle said:

Thanks. So he can in fact be signed and play for us this year, so CBall was incorrect.

I believe so..  Just wish these super duper media super jocks would quote where they are getting their info from.

They get paid for truths or lies?

im happy to be proven wrong,. But the more I investigate this I find things that seem to differ

from what Cball is spitting.

just another guy lost in space..

space floating GIF by Tomas Brunsdon

Edited by SilentSam

8 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I believe so..  Just wish these super duper media super jocks would quote where they are getting their info from.

They get paid for truths or lies?

im happy to be proven wrong,. But the more I investigate this I find things that seem to differ

from what Cball is spitting.

just another guy lost in space..

space floating GIF by Tomas Brunsdon

Yeah you gotta be damn sure what you're talking about when it comes to the CBA, It's open to interpretation and there's a lot of gray areas. Very confusing. Not a fan of the complete self assuredness.

4 minutes ago, on the cycle said:

Yeah you gotta be damn sure what you're talking about when it comes to the CBA, It's open to interpretation and there's a lot of gray areas. Very confusing. Not a fan of the complete self assuredness.

And all these guys need to do is call Benning for a comment or call the NHL head office for theirs.

Just now, SilentSam said:

And all these guys need to do is call Benning for a comment or call the NHL head office for theirs.

Asking the NHL is the best way to know.

Benning probably doesn't know the CBA inside and out nor do any other GMs.

Lawrence Gilman is probably the best guy to ask.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

@SilentSamhttps://canucksarmy.com/2019/09/29/is-nikita-tryamkin-coming-back-and-if-so-when/

So he can in fact come back as soon as his team is eliminated from playoffs. They're down 3-0, they can be eliminated Sunday morning so expect some news in next couple weeks if he's going to come over.

Edited by on the cycle
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Huh? Fanta was not terrible.

If you think so please provide reasons.  i thought he was ok...

He did have a couple brutal attempts at trying to clear the puck tonight. I counted at least 3 times that he had a good opportunity and ended up throwing to the blue line and turning it over.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

He did have a couple brutal attempts at trying to clear the puck tonight. I counted at least 3 times that he had a good opportunity and ended up throwing to the blue line and turning it over.

I noticed that too.  To be fair, that's been a team-wide problem most of this season.  But when the team starting playing better tonight, it seemed to be mainly Fantenberg who was still making the turnovers.  I'm really looking forward to having Tryamkin step into that #6 D spot, ASAP!

5 hours ago, SilentSam said:

In the event a professional or former professional Player plays in a league outside North America after the start of the NHL Regular Season, other than on Loan from his Club, he may thereafter play in the NHL during that Playing Season (including Playoffs) only if he has first either cleared or been obtained via Waivers. For the balance of the Playing Season, any such Player who has been obtained via Waivers may be Traded or Loaned only after again clearing Waivers or through Waiver claim. This section shall not apply to a Player on the Reserve List or Restricted Free Agent List of an NHL Club with whom the Player is signing an NHL SPC or is party to an existing SPC with such NHL Club.

The players who are on a team's reserve list don't have to go through entry waivers.  Don't think it means that players can then simply freely join at any time.  That 13.23 article is in the section on waivers.

Tryamkin could well be in the same situation as Honka, Puljujarvi.  Both are on their teams' reserve list but can't play this season because they've passed the 1 December cut-off date and weren't on loan abroad by their teams.  

11.4 Signing Deadline for Group 2 Free Agent. An SPC for a Group 2 Free Agent will be rejected and will be null and void ab initio (i.e., the Player's Free Agency and contractual status shall revert to the status he held prior to signing his SPC), if it is not signed and filed with Central Registry by 5:00 p.m. New York time on December 1 in the then current NHL Season.

25 minutes ago, mll said:

The players who are on a team's reserve list don't have to go through entry waivers.  Don't think it means that players can then simply freely join at any time.  That 13.23 article is in the section on waivers.

Tryamkin could well be in the same situation as Honka, Puljujarvi.  Both are on their teams' reserve list but can't play this season because they've passed the 1 December cut-off date and weren't on loan abroad by their teams.  

11.4 Signing Deadline for Group 2 Free Agent. An SPC for a Group 2 Free Agent will be rejected and will be null and void ab initio (i.e., the Player's Free Agency and contractual status shall revert to the status he held prior to signing his SPC), if it is not signed and filed with Central Registry by 5:00 p.m. New York time on December 1 in the then current NHL Season.

He is not a group 2 free agent.

A clip from an article from late last year:

Does He Have To Pass Through Waivers?

The Vancouver Canucks retain Nikita Tryamkin’s RFA rights and have him on their Reserve List—which means that they can sign him and add him to their roster at any point, regardless of the deadlines that govern other signings from European leagues. He would not have to pass through waivers and could theoretically start suiting up for the Canucks immediately after signing his new contract—following a lengthy flight across several time zones, of course.

It’s still a waiting game for fans eager to see Tryamkin in Canuck colours once again—but at least the game finally has an endpoint in sight.

I believe this is because he is in the KHL.

If he was in another league with a transfer agreement involving the NHL, it would be a different story perhaps.

This is the beauty here I beleive..

no bonofide offer is required.

and he is on the reserve roster.

0BC0D70B-425E-4B2F-BD9B-0C75BBF6203F.jpeg

Edited by SilentSam

If he loses on Sunday morning,  I think he is traveling to Vancouver by the 15th.

i believe it’s a 26 hrs of travel to get from Yekaterinburg  to Vancouver  unless Aqua Man has a Lear :ph34r:

Edited by SilentSam
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

If he loses on Sunday morning,  I think he is traveling to Vancouver by the 15th.

i believe it’s a 26 hrs of travel to get from Yekaterinburg  to Vancouver  unless Aqua Man has a Lear :ph34r:

We'd have to put someone on waivers if he signs?

56 minutes ago, filthycanuck said:

We'd have to put someone on waivers if he signs?

I don't think so. There is/was a date where rosters become unlimited as far as roster players go. The only kicker at this point I believe is where they fall in the amount of contracts they have, ie I think the limit is 50.

1 hour ago, Mikeyboy440 said:

I don't think so. There is/was a date where rosters become unlimited as far as roster players go. The only kicker at this point I believe is where they fall in the amount of contracts they have, ie I think the limit is 50.

Roster limits are lifted at the trade deadline.  Teams still have to be cap compliant though.  There's also only 4 regular recalls allowed past that date - emergency recalls are unlimited. 

• Cheers 1

57 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

One more loss for his KHL team.

I am hoping JB and his agent have a deal ready to roll 

We need him, would allow us to take Fanta/Benn out of the lineup 

NeXt couple of days will be interesting 

Plus the flight booked to wherever we play.  Want him in the lineup ASAP.

Still vividly remember what he brings.  Very unique talent.

Edited by Kobayashi Maru
  • Like 1