The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

11 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I think Tryamkin could play RD or LD.

We all know Tryamkin would help us immediately.  He’s an upgrade on Stecher, Benn/Fanta, and IMO Myers.  Even if Tryamkin comes early, Green won’t play him though.  It’s the sad truth. :(

• Wat 2

What I don't understand is how was Tryamkin able to join us late in the 2015-16 season if he isn't able to join us now? My understanding is that his club can release him from his contract now that their season is over and he can play where he pleases. Unless we signed him in December 2015 but I don't recall us doing that.

• Like 1

Just now, I.Am.Ironman said:

What I don't understand is how was Tryamkin able to join us late in the 2015-16 season if he isn't able to join us now? My understanding is that his club can release him from his contract now that their season is over and he can play where he pleases. Unless we signed him in December 2015 but I don't recall us doing that.

ELC

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, #Canucks said:

This makes more sense

F0C91638-31DC-49E7-A880-6B6B0ABBA8F0.jpeg

An SPC is a Standard Player contract and it has expired when he left the team... it doesn't have anything to do with his rights.

I don't know how he "wouldn't" be a Group 2 free agent.

12 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Baertschi is better than Eriksson, Goldy is better than Eriksson, Jasek is better than Eriksson, Bailey is better than Eriksson. oh and boucher

- Baertschi plays a significantly different game, can provide offense but was waived twice this year, multiple attempts to trade him for a late pick and no takers. That should tell you something.

- Goldy is really struggling defensively, would cost us more than he's going to contribute, they are trying to fix his game in Utica, (where he's been a healthy scratch a fair number of times this season), so that we might still get something out of him.

- Jasek is not NHL tested, great potential, but they want him playing big minutes and developing his game in Utica, not playing 5 min a night in Vancouver.

- Bailey is showing real promise, but has had trouble elevating his game in the NHL.

- Boucher I would love to see get another shot, but again, he's down there because he's had trouble elevating his game in the NHL.

I'm not happy that Eriksson is on this team, but at the moment, he is, and in the interest of player development, let the kids play big minutes and round out their game. I doubt that Eriksson will be here next year, pretty sure that we'll find some solution to him, even if it is sending him to Utica.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I don't think Green would mind adding him on the back end. We've been needing help back there.  Especially against the heavy teams.

I sure hope you’re right, and Tryamkin is playing in our top four within the week.  Maybe he could join the team on the east coast?  Way less travel from Russia for him.  Does he need a special passport/Visa to play for a Canadian team that’s competing in the US?  

8 minutes ago, Provost said:

An SPC is a Standard Player contract and it has expired when he left the team... it doesn't have anything to do with his rights.

I don't know how he "wouldn't" be a Group 2 free agent.

He still has a SPC though? Ortherwise Vancouver would not have his rights? 

this is what I assume would be correct however I am 50/50 that is correct.

Just now, #Canucks said:

He still has a SPC though? Ortherwise Vancouver would not have his rights? 

this is what I assume would be correct however I am 50/50 that is correct.

No he doesn't have an SPC, that is entirely unrelated to his rights.  An SPC is an actual player contract, which he doesn't have right now.  Teams still own rights to a player when they haven't signed an SPC (like after they are drafted but before they are signed).  With an ELC, they can sign an SPC but it slides and doesn't come into effect until they play.  Tryamkin finished his ELC so is an RFA.

11 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Again with Green assumptions.

Lets just get the kid here first and see what happens.

Well if they're not giving Rafferty a game what makes you think they'll give Tryamkin a game?  "Let's get the kid here first" Yeah ok re-read the last few pages and all the proposed D pairings.  This isn't the time for roster tinkering.    Then you harp on someone for rightfully telling everyone to calm down.  You guys are setting yourselves up for disappointment - even if Tryamkin does play he's not going to be some savior the last few pages are projecting him to be.

Gear down Big Rigs, slow your roll.    

1 minute ago, Provost said:

No he doesn't have an SPC, that is entirely unrelated to his rights.  An SPC is an actual player contract, which he doesn't have right now.  Teams still own rights to a player when they haven't signed an SPC (like after they are drafted but before they are signed).  With an ELC, they can sign an SPC but it slides and doesn't come into effect until they play.  Tryamkin finished his ELC so is an RFA.

Oh okay. That makes sense. I thought maybe with the ELC because it is a player contract that some part of that contract was still valid because they have his rights. Which would allow him to play but I guess I am wrong. Hopefully they have a solution worked out!