The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

2 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Soooooo he can or can't play if the canucks were to sign him? Is my understanding that he wouldn't be able to play until next season false.?

After his K contract expires, or if his K team releases him sooner.  

6 hours ago, Lazurus said:

No, the Canucks hold his rights indefinitely because there is no transfer agreement with the KHL.

What are the exclusive signing rights for Non-North American Drafted Players [Leagues with No NHL Transfer Agreement]?

Example leagues with no existing NHL transfer agreement are:
  • KHL
  • NLA/NLB (Switzerland)
DRAFT AGE BONA-FIDE OFFER EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS RETAINED SOURCE
18 or 19 Not required Indefinitely  
20 or older Not required Indefinitely  
Additional Details:
  • The NHL club must tag the player as “Defected” and place them on their 90 player reserve list.
  • If the player moves to a league that the NHL does have a Transfer Agreement with, at that moment the Club must sign the Player or lose its exclusive rights to negotiate.

I believe that is only if he defects not finishing out his signed contract.  It is a special class of players in the CBA.

He simply didn’t sign with us after his contract expired so I don’t think that applies.  I think we just own his rights until the normal UFA criteria.

42 minutes ago, Provost said:

I believe that is only if he defects not finishing out his signed contract.  It is a special class of players in the CBA.

He simply didn’t sign with us after his contract expired so I don’t think that applies.  I think we just own his rights until the normal UFA criteria.

so much conflicting info so many in this thread say he can play this season / playoffs for us but the way I understand it he cant. so I'm just gonna assume he cant until I actually see him confirmed comming to play.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Alflives said:

I sure hope you’re right, and Tryamkin is playing in our top four within the week.  Maybe he could join the team on the east coast?  Way less travel from Russia for him.  Does he need a special passport/Visa to play for a Canadian team that’s competing in the US?  

Yes, as well as a US visa.

• Thanks 1

Who was the tool on on the post game with the hate boner for Tryamkin? Holy hyperbole, it was a smear campaign. He said that Guddy, and Luke Schenn were better than him and that since he couldn't play at a KHL level (WTF?????), he definitely wasn't NHL level. And that the only reason he made the team before and looked good was because we were so bad.

6 hours ago, Where's Wellwood said:

Who was the tool on on the post game with the hate boner for Tryamkin? Holy hyperbole, it was a smear campaign. He said that Guddy, and Luke Schenn were better than him and that since he couldn't play at a KHL level (WTF?????), he definitely wasn't NHL level. And that the only reason he made the team before and looked good was because we were so bad.

Well we were bad with Guddy and Schenn as well... that guy can shove it

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Alflives said:

After his K contract expires, or if his K team releases him sooner.  

He can just go too, there would be no punishment from the NHL.

9 hours ago, Provost said:

The "defector" tag is an NHL rule and a description for players whose NHL rights are retained but the player returns to Russia instead of signing a new deal or just leaving while still under contract.

All this stuff came up last year when Vegas was going to sign a player they had on their reserve list. To answer a different poster the reserve list is 90 players.

One other possibility I should have thought of, he might be asked to play on the Russia national team in the World's, if that tournament goes on.May 8th.

Another article;

The Vancouver Canucks retain Nikita Tryamkin’s RFA rights and have him on their Reserve List—which means that they can sign him and add him to their roster at any point, regardless of the deadlines that govern other signings from European leagues. He would not have to pass through waivers and could theoretically start suiting up for the Canucks immediately after signing his new contract—following a lengthy flight across several time zones, of course.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lazurus said:

The "defector" tag is an NHL rule and a description for players whose NHL rights are retained but the player returns to Russia instead of signing a new deal or just leaving while still under contract.

All this stuff came up last year when Vegas was going to sign a player they had on their reserve list. To answer a different poster the reserve list is 90 players.

One other possibility I should have thought of, he might be asked to play on the Russia national team in the World's, if that tournament goes on.May 8th.

Another article;

The Vancouver Canucks retain Nikita Tryamkin’s RFA rights and have him on their Reserve List—which means that they can sign him and add him to their roster at any point, regardless of the deadlines that govern other signings from European leagues. He would not have to pass through waivers and could theoretically start suiting up for the Canucks immediately after signing his new contract—following a lengthy flight across several time zones, of course.

Directly from the CBA.  It is not when a player returns to Russia instead of signing a new deal.  it is JUST when they leave while under contract.  Tryamkin is not a defected player as he finished out all his obligations of his contract before signing in Russia.

Definition of "Defected Player." For purposes of this Agreement, "Defected Player" means any Player not unconditionally released:

(A) who, having had an SPC with a Club, the provisions of which have not been completely fulfilled, contracts for a period including any part of the unfulfilled portion of his SPC, with a club in a league not affiliated with the NHL or with any such league (both of which are hereinafter referred to as an "unaffiliated club") or with any other professional hockey club to the exclusion of the said Club or its assignee; or
(B) who, never having been under contract to any Club, but as to who the NHL negotiation rights now or at any time hereafter shall reside in any Club, has contracted or shall contract with such an unaffiliated club.
(C) A Player who plays out his final season and enters into a contract for a period including the following season with an unaffiliated club or with any other professional hockey club shall not be deemed to be a "Defected Player"; provided, however, that nothing contained in this Section shall be construed to affect the rights of said Club to compensation, if applicable, pursuant to this Article 10 in the event that said Player should subsequently enter into an SPC for his services as a professional hockey player with another Club of the NHL.

55 minutes ago, Lazurus said:

Another article;

@qwijibo

what do you think?