The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

8 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Benning and Tryamkin's agent haven't even spoken yet, hmm so many of you are so sure that Tryamkin can just hop on a flight and suit up this year don't you think it's a little strange they haven't spoken yet?  I imagine both have some free time on their hands.  

As team 1040 said NHL hasn’t set a Cap yet for next season.

so signing anyone right now with no idea how much cap space would not be a smart move.

cheer up buttercup

Edited by HockeyHarry
  • Cheers 2

19 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Benning and Tryamkin's agent haven't even spoken yet, hmm so many of you are so sure that Tryamkin can just hop on a flight and suit up this year don't you think it's a little strange they haven't spoken yet?  I imagine both have some free time on their hands.  

I think that free time is spent dealing with all the unknowns, and trying to figure out the steps back to hockey once sanctions and advisories start to lift.

No doubt it’s best to leave NT where he is at the moment..  I do think this is a situation of him being released on April 30th, or if sooner, when his Team Avtomobilist agrees to it.

Although the NHL has no transfer agreements with the KHL, like they do with most European Leagues.

There has been changes to the KHL ‘s Buisness, that has them hoping to create terms, and acknowledgments with the NHL next season. (See above posts Re: KHL.com).

Without a doubt, The Canucks need a player like Tryamkin..  

that’s all Tryamkin needs to know, he has followed the Canucks closely for the past 3 years, I don’t doubt that he is stoked at the thought of rejoining some of the good friends he has made on the Canucks Team.

4 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

His contract ends on April 30th and the NHL is currently postponed indefinitely.  There is no reason to talk right now.  If he doesn't come over this year then they have all summer to work out a deal.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Is there any reason why he couldn't play for us if the season resumes in July? His contract is up in April and he's on our reserve list, so....

It seems that he could..  but some of the media has stated he is a Group 2 RFA.

i personally disagree with this on 2 points.

The NHL presently has no transfer agreements with the KHL.

With other Euro Leagues these transfer agreements and contract deadlines protect a league from losing a player.

Also after reading the section on Free Agency,

Article 10 covers  UFA’s and RFA’s..

read: 10 c. (i) & (ii)

it really is quite clear..  and consider that Tryamkin only played 79 games total in the NHL.  
easier to read than have me explain.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/en/v3/ext/CBA2012/NHL_NHLPA_2013_CBA.pdf 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, SilentSam said:

It seems that he could..  but some of the media has stated he is a Group 2 RFA.

i personally disagree with this on 2 points.

The NHL presently has no transfer agreements with the KHL.

With other Euro Leagues these transfer agreements and contract deadlines protect a league from losing a player.

Also after reading the section on Free Agency,

Article 10 covers  UFA’s and RFA’s..

read: 10 c. (i) & (ii)

it really is quite clear..  and consider that Tryamkin only played 79 games total in the NHL.  
easier to read than have me explain.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/en/v3/ext/CBA2012/NHL_NHLPA_2013_CBA.pdf 

Only 10.1 has a c (i) and (ii) but it covers group 6 UFAs.  That was for players like Kenins and Grenier, where the Canucks lost their rights at 25 and they were able to go to free agency.  Tryamkin is a RFA.   

12 hours ago, mll said:

Only 10.1 has a c (i) and (ii) but it covers group 6 UFAs.  That was for players like Kenins and Grenier, where the Canucks lost their rights at 25 and they were able to go to free agency.  Tryamkin is a RFA.   

I don’t beleive we have to lose his rights for him to be a Group 6UFA.. thus he is on the reserved list.

but he has played in a professional league for 3 years, actually 8 years, . and has played less than 80 nhl games, and his spc has expired.

That should potentially qualify him as a Group 6 UFA.    

There are no transfer agreements with the KHL regardless, i don’t beleive this is a “rights” situation either way.

Group 2 states:

10.2 Restricted Free Agents.
(a) Group 2 Players and Free Agents.
(i) (A) Any Player who meets the qualifications set forth in the following chart and: (1) is not a Group 1 Player or a Group 4 Player, and (2) is not an Unrestricted Free Agent, shall be deemed to be a "Group 2 Player" and shall, at the expiration of his SPC, become a Restricted Free Agent.

i beleive he is a Free Agent because of the requirements in Group 6..

they would supersede the Group 2 status.

Edited by SilentSam

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Getting any Euroland players to come over with the spector of this virus hanging over the world is unlikely. Every thing is up in the air now, even camp next fall.

I caught an article yesterday saying that the COVO in WUHANG was “drying” up..  I will try to find that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I caught an article yesterday saying that the COVO in WUHANG was “drying” up..  I will try to find that.

Probably more to do with the CCP just fudging the numbers.  

"This guy is dead.... corona?"  "Meh... just say it's pneumonia, I don't want our bosses to be mad"

3 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Getting any Euroland players to come over with the spector of this virus hanging over the world is unlikely. Every thing is up in the air now, even camp next fall.

43 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

Probably more to do with the CCP just fudging the numbers.  

"This guy is dead.... corona?"  "Meh... just say it's pneumonia, I don't want our bosses to be mad"

Guaranteed this is not over, and it is still spreading,.  But possibly a tipping point if protocols are respected..

this is from today,.  https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/19/asia/coronavirus-covid-19-update-china-intl-hnk/index.html

https://apple.news/AmLb-tZClRB2lb47dE9MPZA 

Edited by SilentSam
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, SilentSam said:

I don’t beleive we have to lose his rights for him to be a Group 6UFA.. thus he is on the reserved list.

but he has played in a professional league for 3 years, actually 8 years, . and has played less than 80 nhl games, and his spc has expired.

That should potentially qualify him as a Group 6 UFA.    

There are no transfer agreements with the KHL regardless, i don’t beleive this is a “rights” situation either way.

Group 2 states:

10.2 Restricted Free Agents.
(a) Group 2 Players and Free Agents.
(i) (A) Any Player who meets the qualifications set forth in the following chart and: (1) is not a Group 1 Player or a Group 4 Player, and (2) is not an Unrestricted Free Agent, shall be deemed to be a "Group 2 Player" and shall, at the expiration of his SPC, become a Restricted Free Agent.

i beleive he is a Free Agent because of the requirements in Group 6..

they would supersede the Group 2 status.

Group 6 UFA is for players who have been under a NHL contract for at least 3 years (Tryamkin has only 2) and have not reached 80 NHL games by 25.   Teams lose the rights to players who qualify for group 6 UFA.   Kenins and Grenier were group 6 UFA and the Canucks lost their rights - a qualifying offer was not possible because they were no longer considered RFAs.  Kenins came from the Swiss League where there is also no transfer agreement.  It didn't make him a RFA.  

Tryamkin is not a Group 6 UFA but a RFA - the Canucks qualified him to retain his rights.  

Edited by mll

11 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I have a feeling were going to have a playoff to get into the playoffs. May-ish. Then s shortened tourney. Enough time to work out the arrangement for Try.

I will bet you a fake Trump silver dollar there will not be a playoff this year...….just don't see it happening

It is like a Loonie, except with Donald J Trumps face on it...….its new USA currency....and you can eat them.

• Wat 1
  • Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I have a feeling were going to have a playoff to get into the playoffs. May-ish. Then s shortened tourney. Enough time to work out the arrangement for Try.

That would be great if we could get hockey going again this season.  It took 12 weeks for ?China to get their basketball league up after it shut down.  Love to have Tryamkin here for that! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

That would be great if we could get hockey going again this season.  It took 12 weeks for ?China to get their basketball league up after it shut down.  Love to have Tryamkin here for that! 

A different world over there Alf

Everyone in Wuhan City is still in quarantine and anyone outside of there showing any symptom at all is quarantined immediately...……..

In the USA...….they are on the beach getting drunk...……….it will be months before they get it controlled...……...

The people here are not forced to listen...……..over there they are shot! (maybe not, but I am sure it is very different)

• Vintage 1

I'm envisioning two isolated, neutral locations, one for each conference. Top 16 teams based on points percentage. No fans. Televised. All eligible players must first be tested before they can enter location. 

Tryamkin participates, and helps the Canucks destroy all opposition.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Slegr said:

I'm envisioning two isolated, neutral locations, one for each conference. Top 16 teams based on points percentage. No fans. Televised. All eligible players must first be tested before they can enter location. 

Tryamkin participates, and helps the Canucks destroy all opposition.

not happening......no hockey for a long long time.  If at all

1 hour ago, mll said:

Group 6 UFA is for players who have been under a NHL contract for at least 3 years (Tryamkin has only 2) and have not reached 80 NHL games by 25.   Teams lose the rights to players who qualify for group 6 UFA.   Kenins and Grenier were group 6 UFA and the Canucks lost their rights - a qualifying offer was not possible because they were no longer considered RFAs.  Kenins came from the Swiss League where there is also no transfer agreement.  It didn't make him a RFA.  

Tryamkin is not a Group 6 UFA but a RFA - the Canucks qualified him to retain his rights.  

mil.

with all do respect, where does it say a Group 6 has to be under contract in the NHL for 3 years?

...and this from the CBA’s list of definitions:

Professional Games" includes the following: any NHL Games played, all minor league regular season and playoff games and any other professional games played, including but not limited to, games played in any European league or any other league outside North America, by a Player pursuant to his SPC.

(c) Group 6 Free Agents.
(i) Means any Player who is age 25 or older who has completed three (3) or more professional seasons, whose SPC has expired and: (i) in the case of a Player other than a goaltender, has played less than 80 NHL Games, or (ii) in the case of a goaltender, has played less than 28 NHL Games (for the purpose of this definition, a goaltender must have played a minimum of thirty (30) minutes in an NHL Game to register a game played). For the purposes of the foregoing, the term professional season shall: (A) for a Player aged 18 or 19, mean any season in which such Player plays in eleven (11) or more Professional Games (including NHL Regular Season and Playoff Games, minor league regular season and playoff games, and games played in any European professional league, while under an SPC), and (B) for a Player aged 20 or older, mean any season in which such Player plays in one or more Professional Games (including NHL Regular Season and Playoff Games, minor league regular season and playoff games, and games played in any European professional league, while under an SPC).
(ii) Any Group 6 Player shall, at the expiration of his SPC, become an Unrestricted Free Agent and shall be completely free to negotiate and sign an SPC with any Club, and any Club shall be completely free to negotiate and sign an SPC with such Player, without penalty or restriction, or being subject to any Right of First Refusal, Draft Choice Compensation or any other compensation or equalization obligation of any kind.

* Tryamkin already had 4 professional seasons under his belt when he signed with us.