6 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

I'm inclined to believe the guy talking to the actual agent. 

Who says he's talking to the agent? He's simply saying that the Canucks can now start talking to the agent, which is accurate, once he is released. They are all making the same mistake, of which some of us are aware.

Just Sayin...  you have to luv the fact that Tryamkin was booed in the away teams arena (Sibir) for 2 days straight!  Lol

18 hours ago, aliboy said:

This is the mistake everyone is making including the media guys and they are all wrong. Tryamkin's deal with the Canucks allowed him to return to the KHL, it was allowed under the terms of his NHL deal, at which point he goes on our Reserve List and his rights are protected. Then on Dec 1 st 2019 he is not an RFA, no player who is signed to a contract and is playing is a free agent, they only become a free agent when the contract expires, he was under an approved contract and was on our Reserve list, so the Dec 1st condition does not apply. The idea that when his KHL contract expires or he is released we take a time machine back to Dec 1st is ridiculous and that is not how it works.

Then we have:

8.9 Eligibility for Play in League. No Player shall be eligible for play in the League unless he: (iii) had played hockey outside of North America in prior season and was age 22 or older at time of last Entry Draft and signed an SPC which was signed and registered with League.

I do believe this applies to Tryamkin.

And then here is the Leaf article again:

https://www.pensionplanpuppets.com/and-now-you-know/2019/1/9/18174522/so-you-heard-a-rumour-about-the-toronto-maple-leafs-signing-a-european-ufa

"They can even join their NHL team after the trade deadline and still play in the playoffs."

The only trick here is that he needs to be released from his contract now, which is exactly what his agent will be working on, after which we can sign him and he can play. 

When Tryamkin signed his KHL deal he was not then a free agent on DEc. 1st, 2019, he was a player under contract, on our reserve list, the Dec 1st criteria does not apply, people are having a difficult time getting their heads around this.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

He will be coming over next season if anything, makes the most sense. Will need to adjust to the NHL again and is still under contract until April 30. Coming over this year could effect his ED status as well, patience is the key here as there will be Cap issues surrounding bringing him back as well. 

Sorry to say it. Team 1040 talked to Tryamkins agent and Agent said Tryamkin can Not play in the NHL this season. Coach Green has talked to Trym on phone and Green likes Tryam.

So it is next season...the wait continues 

• Vintage 1

47 minutes ago, aliboy said:

When Tryamkin signed his KHL deal he was not then a free agent on DEc. 1st, 2019, he was a player under contract, on our reserve list, the Dec 1st criteria does not apply, people are having a difficult time getting their heads around this.

The 1 December deadline applied to Puljujarvi.  He was a player under contract in Liiga and on the Oilers reserve list.

Liiga has an agreement with the NHL while the KHL doesn't - not sure it makes a difference though.

Posted (edited)

Dont be suprised at Training camp 

Tryamkin Rafferty pairing.

both are basically penciled in for next seasons lineup.

Edited by HockeyHarry
  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Chronic.Canucks.Fan said:

Without looking at the CBA, here's what I have gleaned with my years of expertise (gained by spending lots of time on CDC :lol:).

FACTS:

- Tryamkin was an RFA when he left, and we tendered a qualifying offer to retain his rights

- Tryamkin did NOT sign a deal with any team in a league with which the NHL has a transfer agreement

- Tryamkin is on the Canucks 90 man reserve list

The comparable situation would be when Radulov returned to Nashville in 2012 after going back to Russia. He had already completed his ELC, then chose not to sign with Nashville and went back home. They tendered a qualifying offer to retain his rights. He re-signed at the end of his KHL season and rejoined the team.

This is unlike the Nylander situation where he had to sign by Dec 1st (I think that's the date) or else be ineligible for the whole season. If Nylander had gone to play in the SHL that year (or even for multiple years like NT), he would not be able to return later in the season due to the transfer agreement.

Since there is no transfer agreement between the KHL and NHL, seasons there would not count towards the 7 years of professional experience to be a UFA.

Anyways, I could be entirely wrong and he truly IS ineligible for this season (which would be a BUMMER), but I'm pretty sure I'm right. I LOVE being right, so let's hope that's the case. For my sake too, but mostly for the Canucks.

:towel::towel::towel::towel::towel::towel:

Radulov left in the middle of his ELC and returned on his ELC per CapFriendly.  

They write after he left in 2009:  "Player left before the third year of the contract to play in the KHL"

and when he returned:  "The player returned in 2011-12 to the NHL, this is a continuation of the ELC contract."

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/alexander-radulov

Tryamkin had completed his ELC.

• Hydration 1

1 hour ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

He says he cant play this SEASON. 

but could they bring him in for the playoffs? If they make it... Kinda like what Calgary did bringing in Sam Bennet out of junior?? Or is this not the same

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)

As much as I think Tryamkin would be a great addition to the mix this year I think it better for his transition back to the NHL he get the benefit of the off season to get ready.  Based on the current media and fan frenzy plus all the pressure on the players/coaches I am not sure this environment would his best welcome back to crazy town.  It may just be too much to adjust too especially based on his history here.  Let him come back under way less pressure and scrutiny.

Edited by Borvat

Latest write up on Tryamkins play in playoffs..

Mar. 8.

Nikita Tryamkin

Large and in charge.

The big Russian has been a rock on the Avtomobilist blue-line these KHL playoffs, laying crushing hits, making plays and conceding only one goal while he’s been on the ice in four games played.

Only problem is his team can’t score, and trail Sibir Novosibirsk 3-1 in their first-round series.

Tryamkin, 25, had a team-leading 21:31 of ice time, two hits, one blocked shot, one shot on net and an even rating in a 2-0 Game 1 loss on Monday.

In Wednesday’s 1-0 overtime loss, he was even better. Tryamkin had six shots on goal, three blocked shots, an even rating and two hits in 24:23 of ice time.

One of those hits was in self-defence and still sent a Sibir player home on a stretcher.

On the play, the Sibir player tried to take a run at Tryamkin as the 6-foot-8, 254-pounder shot the puck into the zone. Bad idea. Tryamkin braced for impact and the Sibir player bounced off him, writhing in pain.

There’s a reason we called him Tree in this neck of the woods.

Tryamkin, who skates very well for a big man, tried to score a couple times during the game, going on spirited forays into the offensive zone, only to be stopped by the goaltender.

Friday’s 4-3 overtime loss left Avtomobilist in a 3-0 hole, though Tryamkin had an assist, six hits, four shots on net and a blocked shot in 24:02 of ice time. He was real good, as his former coach Willie Desjardins would probably have said.

Facing elimination on Sunday, Tryamkin again brought his best, getting another assist, another six hits, three shots on net and notched a plus-1 rating in a team-high 23:08 of ice time.

Avtomobilist won the game 5-1 and live to fight another day.

Tryamkin, whose contract expires at the end of the KHL playoffs, is expected to test the NHL waters again and potentially sign another contract with the Canucks.

• Hydration 2

Meanwhile..  at YVR ..

arnold schwarzenegger terminator GIF

5 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

One of my top 5 movies growing up as a kid.  The slow -mow shotgun scene in the hallway of the mall, then the Motorcyle/semi chase down the L.A river.....just legendary

One of the best “ bad ass “  hello / goodbyes I’ve ever seen.

6 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Latest write up on Tryamkins play in playoffs..

Mar. 8.

Nikita Tryamkin

Large and in charge.

The big Russian has been a rock on the Avtomobilist blue-line these KHL playoffs, laying crushing hits, making plays and conceding only one goal while he’s been on the ice in four games played.

Only problem is his team can’t score, and trail Sibir Novosibirsk 3-1 in their first-round series.

Tryamkin, 25, had a team-leading 21:31 of ice time, two hits, one blocked shot, one shot on net and an even rating in a 2-0 Game 1 loss on Monday.

In Wednesday’s 1-0 overtime loss, he was even better. Tryamkin had six shots on goal, three blocked shots, an even rating and two hits in 24:23 of ice time.

One of those hits was in self-defence and still sent a Sibir player home on a stretcher.

On the play, the Sibir player tried to take a run at Tryamkin as the 6-foot-8, 254-pounder shot the puck into the zone. Bad idea. Tryamkin braced for impact and the Sibir player bounced off him, writhing in pain.

There’s a reason we called him Tree in this neck of the woods.

Tryamkin, who skates very well for a big man, tried to score a couple times during the game, going on spirited forays into the offensive zone, only to be stopped by the goaltender.

Friday’s 4-3 overtime loss left Avtomobilist in a 3-0 hole, though Tryamkin had an assist, six hits, four shots on net and a blocked shot in 24:02 of ice time. He was real good, as his former coach Willie Desjardins would probably have said.

Facing elimination on Sunday, Tryamkin again brought his best, getting another assist, another six hits, three shots on net and notched a plus-1 rating in a team-high 23:08 of ice time.

Avtomobilist won the game 5-1 and live to fight another day.

Tryamkin, whose contract expires at the end of the KHL playoffs, is expected to test the NHL waters again and potentially sign another contract with the Canucks.

maybe that bit about his contract expiring at the end of the KHL playoffs is the key here... technically he's still under contract and it's up to the KHL club the release him before that?

just making guesses at this point.

• Hydration 1

2 minutes ago, Yung1 said:

maybe that bit about his contract expiring at the end of the KHL playoffs is the key here... technically he's still under contract and it's up to the KHL club the release him before that?

Many think that is the case yes.

• Hydration 2

On 3/10/2020 at 12:52 PM, Tre Mac said:

So when Rick Dhaliwal and James Cybulski both state that Tryamkin cannot play this year in the NHL CDC calls them idiots but then they'll link some no name twitter account just to support their fantasy.  

Yeah they are, heck you're even doing it on the second part of your post.  Tryamkin is some beast defender that only Chara comes close too?  That's not his mentality and you're setting yourself up for disappointment.  

I gotta start following all these CDCers, gawd knows they have all the insight on the comings and goings of the league. Oh wait a second, THEY DON'T. Funny how they can bash Dhaliwal and Cybulski and not being credible and yet they follow them on twitter or whatever platform. How the irony. Lets see you certain CDCers get an exclusive from Podkolzin, Dhaliwal can certainly do that.

• Like 1
  • Hydration 1

4 minutes ago, Yung1 said:

It is a key piece to have that KHL Release before any speculation is resolved.

Regardless I am positive we will see him before camp in the upcoming season.

This is a determined young man.. just realizing his full potential..  and he knows the NHL is the only league that could fulfill his biggest dream.

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

It is a key piece to have that KHL Release before any speculation is resolved.

Regardless I am positive we will see him before camp in the upcoming season.

This is a determined young man.. just realizing his full potential..  and he knows the NHL is the only league that could fulfill his biggest dream.

Gosh, that must be one huge dream. 

big olsen twins GIFbig double double toil and trouble GIF

• Haha 1