The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

3 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

I will bet you a fake Trump silver dollar there will not be a playoff this year...….just don't see it happening

It is like a Loonie, except with Donald J Trumps face on it...….its new USA currency....and you can eat them.

Don't they also come in the pirate pack at White Spot?

Edited by mikkim
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

A different world over there Alf

Everyone in Wuhan City is still in quarantine and anyone outside of there showing any symptom at all is quarantined immediately...……..

In the USA...….they are on the beach getting drunk...……….it will be months before they get it controlled...……...

The people here are not forced to listen...……..over there they are shot! (maybe not, but I am sure it is very different)

I am reading about some malaria pills that work well against Covid 19. There is hope.

41 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I am reading about some malaria pills that work well against Covid 19. There is hope.

Hey Boudrias

I have no doubt they will find a cure

And I also heard about the Malaria pills

But, unless I hear from a health authority, I am taking everything with a grain of salt

I think when they do find something, that it will be all over the airways...….

Right now, I am trying to do the recommended things to make myself stronger

Sleep

Eat well

Exercise......walk the dog

Wash my hands to the "Happy birthday" song

Taking an immune booster

Vitimin c's, D's and a multi-vitimin

and self isolate as much as I can

I am not sure there is much else we can do 

But if everyone does it, it will give us time...…..lets hope!

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

On 3/16/2020 at 3:17 PM, Hairy Kneel said:

If we had a trade agreement with the KHL this Tryamkin transfer would very clearer.

Also I think it would have been cool to lend Avto Goldobin this or next season.

Could you imagine the NHL having more affiliate clubs out of the KHL?

Would be awesome..  the possibility of having a player like Dawes as a depth center man..

nothing wrong with that.

... and the ability to send Eriksson to Siberia!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, janisahockeynut said:

Hey Boudrias

I have no doubt they will find a cure

And I also heard about the Malaria pills

But, unless I hear from a health authority, I am taking everything with a grain of salt

I think when they do find something, that it will be all over the airways...….

Right now, I am trying to do the recommended things to make myself stronger

Sleep

Eat well

Exercise......walk the dog

Wash my hands to the "Happy birthday" song

Taking an immune booster

Vitimin c's, D's and a multi-vitimin

and self isolate as much as I can

I am not sure there is much else we can do 

But if everyone does it, it will give us time...…..lets hope!

It Seems every one else is eating toilet paper.

:picard:

• Haha 1

Latest Profile/Specs written on Tryamkin on Elite Prospects which I think is fair and accurate:

A colossal defensive defenceman that skates well and understands both sides of the puck. Displays fluid four-way skating ability and backchecks hard. Very proactive stick and adheres to the physical side of the game. Finds lanes and tracks the puck well in his own end, and will pressure the opposition to make hastier decisions. Great vision and willingness to move the puck up-ice quickly. Possesses a very strong shot and natural puck skills. Very good positionally in the offensive end and knows how to hem the opponents in. Excellent board play and always looks to keep opponents to the outside. [EP]

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Latest Profile/Specs written on Tryamkin on Elite Prospects which I think is fair and accurate:

A colossal defensive defenceman that skates well and understands both sides of the puck. Displays fluid four-way skating ability and backchecks hard. Very proactive stick and adheres to the physical side of the game. Finds lanes and tracks the puck well in his own end, and will pressure the opposition to make hastier decisions. Great vision and willingness to move the puck up-ice quickly. Possesses a very strong shot and natural puck skills. Very good positionally in the offensive end and knows how to hem the opponents in. Excellent board play and always looks to keep opponents to the outside. [EP]

So the perfect D man?

Not much criticisms to his game from the sounds of it. Only thing maybe would be that you would want him to be a little meaner.

And obviously if he could tap into his offensive side more, but at this point I doubt that will be prt of his game.

• Cheers 1

43 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

That is a whole bunch of praise! Has the GM of Russia's national team read this? In no way sounds like a third pairing D man. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

So the perfect D man?

Not much criticisms to his game from the sounds of it. Only thing maybe would be that you would want him to be a little meaner.

And obviously if he could tap into his offensive side more, but at this point I doubt that will be prt of his game.

He is very protective of his Goaltender that way , and his team mates.. 

as fat as fighting..  he hasnt come from a league where it is a prominent part of the game..

but that again is fading in the NHL..

I do think it would be wise to make him train to throw at a bag with both hands.

To be able to ring the bell on opponents like Reaves, Getzlaff, Thornton Martin and others would definitely be effective.

But moreso he can play the game extremely well.

He is coming into his prime at 25 yrs.. He will excel in his next season with us.. regardless.

50 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

EP always talks good about prospects and I think one of their guys "Curtis Joe" has been on CDC. I forget what alias. I remember him here back raving about PLD in 2016 and a couple guys in the 2017 draft thread.

I wouldn't solely take what they say as fact. 

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

He is very protective of his Goaltender that way , and his team mates.. 

as fat as fighting..  he hasnt come from a league where it is a prominent part of the game..

but that again is fading in the NHL..

I do think it would be wise to make him train to throw at a bag with both hands.

To be able to ring the bell on opponents like Reaves, Getzlaff, Thornton Martin and others would definitely be effective.

But moreso he can play the game extremely well.

He is coming into his prime at 25 yrs.. He will excel in his next season with us.. regardless.

I would want a Ferland type to handle those types of duties instead. Need more than one guy. We tried that with Dorsett and Guddy.

Hopefully Ferland is ready to go next season. Mac/Fer/Try would make us a bit more intimidating and might actually encourage Jake to engage more physically knowing he has that sort of back up behind him.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

EP always talks good about prospects and I think one of their guys "Curtis Joe" has been on CDC. I forget what alias. I remember him here back raving about PLD in 2016 and a couple guys in the 2017 draft thread.

I wouldn't solely take what they say as fact. 

I have watched Tryamkin play 10 games this season over the  internet..

He is far ahead in his total game than Chara was at this age.

i can say that because I watched Chara live for a years  as a young man in P George years ago , and have always kept an eye on that icon.

perhaps Chara would make a great D Coach / Trainer for the Canucks sometime ;) 

• Like 1

Just now, SilentSam said:

I have watched Tryamkin play 10 games this season over the  internet..

He is far ahead in his total game than Chara was at this age.

i can say that because I watched Chara live for a years  as a young man in P George years ago , and have always kept an eye on that icon.

perhaps Chara would make a great D Coach / Trainer for the Canucks sometime ;) 

Chara as a Canucks coach. I would never imagine. As a coach in general I don't think that the refs would ever want to skate over and give him an explanation to anything.

"Oh geez which one of us is gonna go over there..." "Since you brought it up it's only fitting...." "&^@#"

IDK if he'll be as good as Chara dude. That's some optimism right there. I am not the type of poster that only sees the 'dark clouds' ahead just being real but I think you have that sense of me since we've had a few convos the past 2 months here.

I am the type that would rather be pleasantly surprised than utterly disappointed. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Chara as a Canucks coach. I would never imagine. As a coach in general I don't think that the refs would ever want to skate over and give him an explanation to anything.

"Oh geez which one of us is gonna go over there..." "Since you brought it up it's only fitting...." "&^@#"

IDK if he'll be as good as Chara dude. That's some optimism right there. I am not the type of poster that only sees the 'dark clouds' ahead just being real but I think you have that sense of me since we've had a few convos the past 2 months here.

I am the type that would rather be pleasantly surprised than utterly disappointed. 

I’ll buy you a coffee if your disappointed JD.

my word.

Just now, SilentSam said:

I’ll buy you a coffee if your disappointed JD.

my word.

Not gonna be disappointed since i have tempered expectations! That's where I was getting at. I am expecting him to come in here as a 3rd pair D and having a adjusting period in the NHL. After a bit of experience then he progresses forward, to what end is to be determined. 

I will take the coffee though Or a beer would be great too.

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Not gonna be disappointed since i have tempered expectations! That's where I was getting at. I am expecting him to come in here as a 3rd pair D and having a adjusting period in the NHL. After a bit of experience then he progresses forward, to what end is to be determined. 

I will take the coffee though Or a beer would be great too.

At a Tryamkin game preferably I hope ;) 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1