The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

21 hours ago, SilentSam said:

mil.

with all do respect, where does it say a Group 6 has to be under contract in the NHL for 3 years?

...and this from the CBA’s list of definitions:

Professional Games" includes the following: any NHL Games played, all minor league regular season and playoff games and any other professional games played, including but not limited to, games played in any European league or any other league outside North America, by a Player pursuant to his SPC.

(c) Group 6 Free Agents.
(i) Means any Player who is age 25 or older who has completed three (3) or more professional seasons, whose SPC has expired and: (i) in the case of a Player other than a goaltender, has played less than 80 NHL Games, or (ii) in the case of a goaltender, has played less than 28 NHL Games (for the purpose of this definition, a goaltender must have played a minimum of thirty (30) minutes in an NHL Game to register a game played). For the purposes of the foregoing, the term professional season shall: (A) for a Player aged 18 or 19, mean any season in which such Player plays in eleven (11) or more Professional Games (including NHL Regular Season and Playoff Games, minor league regular season and playoff games, and games played in any European professional league, while under an SPC), and (B) for a Player aged 20 or older, mean any season in which such Player plays in one or more Professional Games (including NHL Regular Season and Playoff Games, minor league regular season and playoff games, and games played in any European professional league, while under an SPC).
(ii) Any Group 6 Player shall, at the expiration of his SPC, become an Unrestricted Free Agent and shall be completely free to negotiate and sign an SPC with any Club, and any Club shall be completely free to negotiate and sign an SPC with such Player, without penalty or restriction, or being subject to any Right of First Refusal, Draft Choice Compensation or any other compensation or equalization obligation of any kind.

* Tryamkin already had 4 professional seasons under his belt when he signed with us.

It's only years where the player is under a NHL contract that count - highlighted in red in the article you quoted.  "While under an SPC" - SPC stands for Standard Player Contract in the NHL.  The article talks of 3 or more professional seasons while under an SPC.

For games abroad to count the player must be loaned over while under a NHL contract.

Tryamkin was under an SPC for only 2 seasons.  His years at home were not under an SPC and don't count for that article.  It's for players who become unrestricted free agents - Rodin, Grenier, Kenins all became UFAs because of that article.  Transfer agreements have no effect on that article.  That article doesn't apply for Tryamkin - if it did he would have become a UFA and not a RFA.

Edited by mll

1 hour ago, mll said:

It's only years where the player is under a NHL contract that count - highlighted in red in the article you quoted.  "While under an SPC" - SPC stands for Standard Player Contract in the NHL.  The article talks of 3 or more professional seasons while under an SPC.

For games abroad to count the player must be loaned over while under a NHL contract.

Tryamkin was under an SPC for only 2 seasons.  His years at home were not under an SPC and don't count for that article.  It's for players who become unrestricted free agents - Rodin, Grenier, Kenins all became UFAs because of that article.  Transfer agreements have no effect on that article.  That article doesn't apply for Tryamkin - if it did he would have become a UFA and not a RFA.

I find what I have underlined to be contradictory ,  it states “ whose SPC has expired”..  separately.

Professional Games" includes the following: any NHL Games played, all minor league regular season and playoff games and any other professional games played, including but not limited to, games played in any European league or any other league outside North America, by a Player pursuant to his SPC.

(c) Group 6 Free Agents.
(i) Means any Player who is age 25 or older who has completed three (3) or more professional seasons, whose SPC has expired and: (i) in the case of a Player other than a goaltender, has played less than 80 NHL Games, or (ii) in the case of a goaltender, has played less than 28 NHL Games (for the purpose of this definition, a goaltender must have played a minimum of thirty (30) minutes in an NHL Game to register a game played). For the purposes of the foregoing, the term professional season shall: (A) for a Player aged 18 or 19, mean any season in which such Player plays in eleven (11) or more Professional Games (including NHL Regular Season and Playoff Games, minor league regular season and playoff games, and games played in any European professional league, while under an SPC), and (B) for a Player aged 20 or older, mean any season in which such Player plays in one or more Professional Games (including NHL Regular Season and Playoff Games, minor league regular season and playoff games, and games played in any European professional league, while under an SPC).
(ii) Any Group 6 Player shall, at the expiration of his SPC, become an Unrestricted Free Agent and shall be completely free to negotiate and sign an SPC with any Club, and any Club shall be completely free to negotiate and sign an SPC with such Player, without penalty or restriction, or being subject to any Right of First Refusal, Draft Choice Compensation or any other compensation or equalization obligation of any kind.

although I do understand the signing rights..

Tryamkin already had 4 professional seasons under his belt when he signed with us.

I thought his SPC expired 3 years ago when he left?   

So he is eligible to become a UFA after one more season with us? .. because arbitrary, he has only been signed for 2 not 3?

then the other one is Group 2,  but the deadline for contract to the NHL, should not include the KHL because there are no transfer agreements? 

I appreciate this discussion mil. Cheers

Edited by SilentSam

2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

I find what I have underlined to be contradictory ,  it states “ whose SPC has expired”..  separately.

Professional Games" includes the following: any NHL Games played, all minor league regular season and playoff games and any other professional games played, including but not limited to, games played in any European league or any other league outside North America, by a Player pursuant to his SPC.

(c) Group 6 Free Agents.
(i) Means any Player who is age 25 or older who has completed three (3) or more professional seasons, whose SPC has expired and: (i) in the case of a Player other than a goaltender, has played less than 80 NHL Games, or (ii) in the case of a goaltender, has played less than 28 NHL Games (for the purpose of this definition, a goaltender must have played a minimum of thirty (30) minutes in an NHL Game to register a game played). For the purposes of the foregoing, the term professional season shall: (A) for a Player aged 18 or 19, mean any season in which such Player plays in eleven (11) or more Professional Games (including NHL Regular Season and Playoff Games, minor league regular season and playoff games, and games played in any European professional league, while under an SPC), and (B) for a Player aged 20 or older, mean any season in which such Player plays in one or more Professional Games (including NHL Regular Season and Playoff Games, minor league regular season and playoff games, and games played in any European professional league, while under an SPC).
(ii) Any Group 6 Player shall, at the expiration of his SPC, become an Unrestricted Free Agent and shall be completely free to negotiate and sign an SPC with any Club, and any Club shall be completely free to negotiate and sign an SPC with such Player, without penalty or restriction, or being subject to any Right of First Refusal, Draft Choice Compensation or any other compensation or equalization obligation of any kind.

although I do understand the signing rights..

Tryamkin already had 4 professional seasons under his belt when he signed with us.

I thought his SPC expired 3 years ago when he left?   

So he is eligible to become a UFA after one more season with us? .. because arbitrary, he has only been signed for 2 not 3?

then the other one is Group 2,  but the deadline for contract to the NHL, should not include the KHL because there are no transfer agreements? 

I appreciate this discussion mil. Cheers

The 1st sentence bolded is about the conditions to become a group 6 UFA once their NHL contract expires.  There are 3 conditions:  everyone that is (1) at least 25 at the end of their NHL contract and (2) who have been playing pro-hockey for at least 3 years and (3) have not reached 80 NHL games (28 for a goalie).

The 2nd section you underline explains what are pro-seasons.  Need to be under a NHL contract for it to count.  For a game in a pro-league abroad to count the player must be under an SPC/NHL contract and have been loaned there.    

Those 4 pro-seasons didn't count because he was not under an SPC.  

The length of an ELC is based on age at signing.  Tryamkin was considered 22 and at that age the ELC/SPC is for 2 years.  Tryamkin met only 1 of the 3 conditions - he had not reached 80 NHL games but he was not yet 25 and also did not have 3 pro-seasons.  That SPC was expiring on 30 June of the year he left but as only 1 condition was met, the Canucks were able to qualify him and retain his rights.  

Tryamkin is at 79 NHL games - once he reaches 80 he can no longer qualify for group 6 UFA.  He could become UFA next summer at 26 (if he signs a 1 year deal) only if he doesn't play that 1 NHL game - he would be over 25 and will have 3 pro-seasons.   

Doesn't sound like the transfer agreements matter and the 1 December deadline applies to all RFAs.

Edited by mll
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, elvis15 said:

Yeah, no idea why we're still beating the dead horse of could he/couldn't he have played this season.

The season is paused - not dead yet. Playoffs are still possible, but not likely to start until at least mid-May. Tryamkin's KHL contract is done before then. It makes perfect sense to keep this conversation going, because Tryamkin is built for playoff hockey.

• Cheers 2

15 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

In a way this stupid covid gives JB time to figure this out properly. I'm sure Tryamkin's agent Mr Diamond is negotiating a bigger number than JB wants to see on his return contract. Oh to be a fly on the wall.

The counter to that  is Vcr own his rights until 30th June 2022. So he can work for pennies in the dollar until then or accept a substantial US $ salary, rather than a low value ruble … take your choice. By that time he will be 27 and still an unproven NHL defenceman

Edited by Fred65

Of course the conversation is going to keep going. We're hockey fans who've had hockey ripped away from us even earlier than the past few years. Lot of us are locked up at home and reaching out for hobbies and passions to keep from going nuts. There's been little hockey news, like the dog days of summer but sooner. 

People are excited about the possibility of Tram, despite the season looking less and less likely to start back up again. It may be beating a dead horse, it may not be, but people are trying to stay occupied now more than ever. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

5 hours ago, Fred65 said:

The counter to that  is Vcr own his rights until 30th June 2022. So he can work for pennies in the dollar until then or accept a substantial US $ salary, rather than a low value ruble … take your choice. By that time he will be 27 and still an unproven NHL defenceman

Tryamkin is free to us to negotiate something fair for both parties. If he isn’t with us next season, then tenatively we lose a player whose has ten fold the potential to the Bruins latest signing.

Tryamkin to me has already proven to be an NHL player having 79 Canuck games under his belt.

Like I ask anybody else, have you watched Tryamkin play any games in the past 3 years?

Nick Wolff

Defense -- shoots L
Born Jul 21 1996 -- Eagan, MN 
[23 yrs. ago] 
Height 6.04 -- Weight 217 [193 cm/98 kg]

Edited by SilentSam
  • Cheers 1

I think if there’s a couple compliance buyouts this summer we should use them on Eriksson and Myers.

Let Tanev walk and rebuild the D core around Edler, Hughes, Tryamkin, Rathbone, Rafferty, and a UFA signing. One that is a better puck mover.

On 3/21/2020 at 7:12 PM, Slegr said:

The season is paused - not dead yet. Playoffs are still possible, but not likely to start until at least mid-May. Tryamkin's KHL contract is done before then. It makes perfect sense to keep this conversation going, because Tryamkin is built for playoff hockey.

This is why I say it's a dead horse. We don't need pages more discussion on if he could have been signed right away or not, since ten times that amount has already been gone over without us being closer to a definitive answer.

If the season/playoffs starts again, we'll sign him if he wants to play.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, elvis15 said:

This is why I say it's a dead horse. We don't need pages more discussion on if he could have been signed right away or not, since ten times that amount has already been gone over without us being closer to a definitive answer.

If the season/playoffs starts again, we'll sign him if he wants to play.

Geezuz,.   Where were you 500 pages ago?   Could have taken all the piz out of it then ;) 

ps. Trade Boeser.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

Just want to say that the level of confidence that Tryamkin played with in the 2014 WJC,  is the same confidence he plays with presently,.

He showed it this season, and in the 5 playoff games he played with Avtomobilist.

He just wasn’t on the right Team for the “pull” to bring him to his fullest potential.. 

This season his confidence level is the same as what’s hilighted in this Vid.

Next season , if he is with us, I see an even bigger impact player than what we have seen, because of the Team he will be part of.

• Thanks 3

6 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Just want to say that the level of confidence that Tryamkin played with in the 2014 WJC,  is the same confidence he plays with presently,.

He showed it this season, and in the 5 playoff games he played with Avtomobilist.

He just wasn’t on the right Team for the “pull” to bring him to his fullest potential.. 

This season his confidence level is the same as what’s hilighted in this Vid.

Next season , if he is with us, I see an even bigger impact player than what we have seen, because of the Team he will be part of.

"He didn't know he was going to get poke checked from across the street."

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

"He didn't know he was going to get poke checked from across the street."

I laughed as well Hairy !!  kid covers so much ice with that stick and the strength behind it..  

his cycle shutdown starts with the strength on his stick to mess up the carrier, and then...

(The Original Hit Version) :emot-parrot:

• Haha 1