The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

If we're upgrading, I'd rather go big or go home and replace Tanev and Stecher altogether. Sign a guy like Pieterangelo and go with Rafferty/Tryamkin on that 3rd pair, right side.

Someone like Ristolainen is an option too... But that's also costing us Virtanen + to acquire.

Risto for Demko.   I think that starts a conversation to add or subtract from.

1 hour ago, aGENT said:

If we're upgrading, I'd rather go big or go home and replace Tanev and Stecher altogether. Sign a guy like Pieterangelo and go with Rafferty/Tryamkin on that 3rd pair, right side.

Someone like Ristolainen is an option too... But that's also costing us Virtanen + to acquire.

I’d hate to do it but it would make sense with Virtanen if we re-sign Toffoli.  I think DiPietro could be a key part of the deal too.

29 minutes ago, Kobayashi Maru said:

I’d hate to do it but it would make sense with Virtanen if we re-sign Toffoli.  I think DiPietro could be a key part of the deal too.

Boeser.  For Risto and a 1 st ?

Virtannen is still younger and progressing..

Boeser is going to cost us as much as Toffoli..

and  personally I like Toffolis game over Boeser.

Edited by SilentSam
Damn spell check

27 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Actually an interesting hockey trade and we would get a first to compensate for the difference in value.  It’s makes sense if you take emotion out of it.

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, aGENT said:

IIRC, they don't need a young goalie. 

Then I digress.. 

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

I don't see Buffalo trading Risto; they are trying to suck less and trading their-by far- most used defenseman is not going to aid in that pursuit unless they can get a better replacement. Failing that, if Risto goes then they will  have to play Montour more. Does that make them better?  Colin Miller lacks appeal imo, and I doubt they are keen to move Jokiharju (sp?) so I could see Montour being available. He is an impending RFA and will be (I think) $3.5 to qualify and possibly more to get a longer deal done. If I had to speculate a price I would guess they would want a young centre and could have interest in Gaudette. Not saying I would do that but I could see the interest. I agree that if they (Van) are looking to upgrade RD they should go big but not a ton of viable options out there. Would not mind Tanev (based on a current cap of 81.5) back at 4.0 (or less obv.) for 3 years (4 if it can keep the AAV down a bit). Injuries are a concern but a replacement is tough to find and  if they can keep it reasonable and avoid an obligation to protect him in the exp. draft I could see it.

As for Tryamkin, I think he is overrated by some but also think he could be a solid option on the left side. I'm curious what a contract would look like. Some uncertainty there as he has been out the league for some time and didn't exactly tear up the KHL. Maybe a "show me" deal, something like $2-2.25 X 2 yrs. If he could come in and play a solid 16 mins/night at ES and another 2 on the PK that would be great.

Edited by BlastPast

29 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

Man I can't believe Kuzma goes on the Air and is like he probably needs to go to Utica. I just shake my head

Your kidding ?!  :picard:

honestly, apart from the usual disillusioned, drunk trolls on here.. there are more pragmatic discussions based on evidence, easily attained by video, and witness, on CDC.

These journalists in Vancouver are mostly pocket jockeys patting each other on the back

at each other’s barbecue night.

There is a young man on Twitter that goes by 

Daniel Gee..  he spends hours cutting and editing highlights of our top prospects as soon as they’re signed until they make the NHL.

Gee should do podcasts and start to kick these old schmucks out of they’re high school jock straps they keep sniffing.

Daniel Gee ..  a great source of info on prospects..  and I would be happy to see him join us here.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Your kidding ?!  :picard:

honestly, apart from the usual disillusioned, drunk trolls on here.. there are more pragmatic discussions based on evidence, easily attained by video, and witness, on CDC.

These journalists in Vancouver are mostly pocket jockeys patting each other on the back

at each other’s barbecue night.

There is a young man on Twitter that goes by 

Daniel Gee..  he spends hours cutting and editing highlights of our top prospects as soon as they’re signed until they make the NHL.

Gee should do podcasts and start to kick these old schmucks out of they’re high school jock straps they keep sniffing.

Daniel Gee ..  a great source of info on prospects..  and I would be happy to see him join us here.

I'm going to have to start following him more. Thanks for the heads up.

(We're getting closer :lol:)

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

What is a reasonable offer for Stech? 

And possible hometown discount.

Salary offer or trade? 

I'm assuming salary as you mentioned home town discount. I think he could probably get $2.5-$3m x 2 or 3 years on the open market.

I'm hoping we could get him closer to $2-2.5m x 1 or 2 years to stay.

• Cheers 1

On 3/31/2020 at 2:20 PM, Kobayashi Maru said:

I would like to see us stop moving all of the existing deck chairs around.  We need a D that compliments what we want to do at F and as a system.  That appears to be an up-tempo pace with grit/pushback so we should find players that compliment that.  Bringing in Tryamkin, one more bigger name (still thinking Risolainen is the right fit which would cost a bit), and maybe a rookie to bring in some youthful jump (Joulevi or Rafferty).  I am a big Tanev fan, but unless his cap is neutral to his current contract, it likely doesn't make sense.  Stecher I like as well, but not at his likely new contract.  He doesn't process the game fast enough to pay 3M per year to be an energy guy.  So something like:

Edler Ristolainen

Hughes Tryamkin

Joulevi Myers

This gives us puck movers at every position with a balance of offensive and defensive awareness.  Plus, the only players that give limited grit would be Hughes and Joulevi.   That D would also likely be the largest average D grouping that the league has ever seen.

That is quite the fantasy line up but I really like it.

Although honestly, I would prefer Tanev instead of Myers.   Don't misunderstand this, I don't mind Myers. But instead of paying him 6 mill per I would MUCH prefer Tanev at 4 mill per which I think he would re sign at.

I love Tanev but him sitting for 20 or 30 games every year is tough. Was this season a fluke? Who knows. 4.5 is fair but not if he only plays for 2.5 or 3 million of it. Then that just  puts a strain on the other 5 defenseman. The question then is if we spend on a top Dman UFA who is more durable, just as effective on pk (and probably more offensive) @ 5 to 5.5 m?

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Vintage 1