The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

53 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

He is a lot cooler now. In his demeanor.

I saw that too this season Hairy..  if he fully buys into the concept of wanting to be legendary,  disciplined in eating , sleeping, exercising and practicing  to be the best that he can,  then he will easily become that.

8 minutes ago, bertuzzi44fan said:

So does he just get to ditch his original contract?That is BS,lol.

His entry level deal ended and he left for Russia. There was nothing for him to ditch.  That’s why he’s a RFA. The Canuvks retained his rights 

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, qwijibo said:

His entry level deal ended and he left for Russia. There was nothing for him to ditch.  That’s why he’s a RFA. The Canuvks retained his rights 

I think he's pumped to come back to the Canucks. He's been following us all year. He has unfinished business here. Plus he is coming back to a better roster. 

I'd like him to play with Petie. Petie always comes back to support the D. But if he see's that Tryamkin (and Hughes?) has it under control back there, he can play higher and reduce his contact in the D zone. 

With his size Tryamkin is very composed under a tough fore check in his own zone, absorbs hits, and finds the first pass well.

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I can't wait to see him in action. Knocking guys, clearing the crease, and having 3 guys chasing him down after a good hit. He could actually draw penalties that way.

I'm ok if tryamkin comes back if he accepts 3rd pairing NHL pay. If he wants more than that JB should trade him imo.

He isn't gonna be some kind of saviour like some people here seem to think.

Edited by Kanukfanatic

53 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I'm ok if tryamkin comes back if he accepts 3rd pairing NHL pay. If he wants more than that JB should trade him imo.

I don’t think anybody is thinking of him as a “saviour”..

I think he will be as exciting to watch as Hughes, but in his own dynamic way.

We have not had a D man with this type of Physically prowess and skating ability since Jovonovski .

Tryamkin is a true top end shut down D man.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Well I think what your implying is that Hughes is a saviour..  

i said Hughes is exciting.

Hughes is the epitome of what people generally mean when they talk about a saviour in sports.....  we’ve never had someone like him on the back end. 

Butttttttt I’d like to see what big Tree could do as well, think he could really  help solidify the back end and has the potential to be a very impactful player. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, J-Dizzle said:

Hughes is the epitome of what people generally mean when they talk about a saviour in sports.....  we’ve never had someone like him on the back end. 

Butttttttt I’d like to see what big Tree could do as well, think he could really  help solidify the back end and has the potential to be a very impactful player. 

Hughes blew everyone away this year. But the saviour moniker I would give him if he put a few seasons back to back. I'm sure he will but he's definitely going to pay the price.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, J-Dizzle said:

Yeah,we need someone who can beat the ass off the net runners.

4 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

He may not be the saviour, but he can be a real difference maker.  

A defenseman who is massive, can skate well, finishes his checks and plays a strong 2-way game.... not expecting him to go all beast mode a la Chara or Byfulgien.... but can be an impact player in a 7-game series.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

Geezuz,  

Poor Nik taking a beating on Twitter by uninformed, misled fans that have been fed crap about Tryamkin by the Stooge media in this town 3 years ago.

The Canucks will never get a positive fan base in this city unless the terrible journalism is rightfully harassed out of town..

90% of them are Fakes.. do no investigation of their own, don’t even watch Utica games.. let alone anything KHL or Euro.

Thats why they always fall back on the cliche’ “it’s just my opinion”...  

meaning they have done no search for information, or witnessed anything to support it.

All full of B.S.    and each other’s negative hype is what they feed fans.

.. and they would rather talk negative than positive because it enflames fans..  

simple minds of journalists lighting fires for notoriety.  

These guys are a sport franchise owners nightmare.

This is a city that in the last 50 years has had better teams than the Leafs in the past 56.

1967 was the last time the Leafs won ANYTHING.

The Canucks joined the league in 1970 as an expansion team along with the Buffalo Sabres. In its NHL history, the team has advanced to the Stanley Cup Finals three times, losing to the New York Islanders in 1982, the New York Rangers in 1994 and the Boston Bruins in 2011. They have won the Presidents' Trophy in back-to-back seasons as the team with the league's best regular season record in the 2010–11 and 2011–12 seasons. They won three division titles as a member of the Smythe Division from 1974 to 1993, and seven titles as a member of the Northwest Division from 1998 to 2013. 

Not too hard to get behind that, and how our rebuild surfaces over the next 3 years..  pretty sure the Cup will be in Vancouver before any other Canadian city next.

• Cheers 3