4 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

Could you find one of these heat maps on zone entries and post it...….PLZ

Sorry, I couldn’t remember exactly where I saw it, and I looked around tonight, but unfortunately I couldn’t find anything online that I could share here. If memory serves, somebody who does manual tracking published a kind of “entries heat map” that I saw a while ago. I can’t remember who it was. I think they’d manually tracked zone entries and then overlaid plots approximating the paths of the puck carriers’ routes, creating what was effectively a traffic map for the entries against a particular D pairing.

I know some of the professional analytics outfits do tracking that can generate a wide variety of reports and visualizations, involving puck movement, player movement, and various combinations of the two. There’s a lot of data available, especially if you have the money to pay for it. This will only expand and become more sophisticated, and ubiquitous, once the NHL officially rolls out their Puck and Player Tracking system (which IIRC was supposed to be starting in this year’s playoffs and should definitely be in effect for the 2020-21 season).

• Thanks 2
  • Hydration 1

I really don't think NT is going to improve much more; he is what what he is going to be.  Probably at best a good third pairing LD.  I don't see Green playing him on his weak side.  Benn has been better on the right side even though he is a lefty but Green hardly ever played him there (played right side in Montreal semi regular).  Just my thoughts.

Just wanted to also say I hope and pray all are well and staying healthy.  Tough times for many but thank-you to you all for helping pass the the time and providing an escape from all that is going on around us.  Every time I come on here someone says something I can't help laughing at and laughter is good medicine.  Blessings to you all. :canucks:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Hydration 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Yes I think it doesn't look like much because he makes it look easy. The size and intimidation is a tool that reminds me of Babych and Murzyn. Nothing fancy, just shut'er down.

Man Murzyn was a brute. I recall Gretzy saying how he hated to play against Murzyn and Ronning saying no opponent likes to go against Murzyn. He wasn't a great fighter but he never ever declined any one. He used his stick like a Louisville  slugger. Babych just a giant of a man. He lives close by and when you see him you can't believe any one has hands his size, him and Emery Barnes. Big, be it size or attitude still helps in Hockey. I'm looking to see the dominoe effect when Chara retires :lol:

Edited by Fred65
  • Hydration 2

4 hours ago, dpn1 said:

I really don't think NT is going to improve much more; he is what what he is going to be.  Probably at best a good third pairing LD.  I don't see Green playing him on his weak side.  Benn has been better on the right side even though he is a lefty but Green hardly ever played him there (played right side in Montreal semi regular).  Just my thoughts.

Just wanted to also say I hope and pray all are well and staying healthy.  Tough times for many but thank-you to you all for helping pass the the time and providing an escape from all that is going on around us.  Every time I come on here someone says something I can't help laughing at and laughter is good medicine.  Blessings to you all. :canucks:

He's predominately played RD in his career. I don't think you can call that his 'weak' side.

• Hydration 4

2 minutes ago, aGENT said:

He's predominately played RD in his career. I don't think you can call that his 'weak' side.

I just meant that he shoots left, not that he was weak.  Green just seems to prefer playing lefties on the left and righties on the right.

45 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

Man Murzyn was a brute. I recall Gretzy saying how he hated to play against Murzyn and Ronning saying no opponent likes to go against Murzyn. He wasn't a great fighter but he never ever declined any one. He used his stick like a Louisville  slugger. Babych just a giant of a man. He lives close by and when you see him you can't believe any one has hands his size, him and Emery Barnes. Big, be it size or attitude still helps in Hockey. I'm looking to see the dominoe effect when Chara retires :lol:

The Bruins just signed a big un out of College, .. I’d think he’ll be pulled under Zed’s wing soon.

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

The Bruins just signed a big un out of College, .. I’d think he’ll be pulled under Zed’s wing soon.

Yeah the Wolff kid looks like a keeper but no one is intimidating as Chara, every one skates away when he arrives on the scene :lol:

• Vintage 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Fred65 said:

Yes true ( I met Emery Barnes once when he was visiting my group home I used to work at. This was back when I was in college. We were doing a tour of the facility, and I looked for him. He stayed behind and was bent over in half, leaning on short counter when i found him. His back was really bothering him. One of the injuries he dealt with after football). 

Murzyn and Babych were like man mountains out there. And didn't offer up much scoring either. And Gretz would probably say the same thing about Tryamkin. He is just much stronger than the average D man.

Edited by Hairy Kneel

Just now, DeNiro said:

Meh.

Tryamkin will make Borscht out of him.

He’ll make Wolff look like a Prairie Dog.

A prairie dog pushing up alph alpha sprouts..

• Haha 1

So... If Tyramkin signs with us (which looks 95% likely), what number does he wear? Gaud's got his old number.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

What was Gaud's old uni number(s)?

43 minutes ago, HC20.0 said:

So... If Tyramkin signs with us (which looks 95% likely), what number does he wear? Gaud's got his old number.

Guadette was 8 in college..   Tryamkin wore 8 in his early years with Avtomobilist and at the 2014 WJC.

... and I’d say Tanev is the least likely to return of the 3. :ph34r:

... it’s Indian leg wrestling between Nik and Adam .

personaly I think Guadette gobbles up 8 before Tryamkin walks in the room.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Guadette was 8 in college..   Tryamkin wore 8 in his early years with Avtomobilist and at the 2014 WJC.

... and I’d say Tanev is the least likely to return of the 3. :ph34r:

... it’s Indian leg wrestling between Nik and Adam .

personaly I think Guadette gobbles up 8 before Tryamkin walks in the room.

Gaudette with 8 would look good. Shades of one of my favorites, good ol' Greg Adams.

Adam's  was 8 > Adam as 8?

• Hydration 1

1 hour ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Gaudette with 8 would look good. Shades of one of my favorites, good ol' Greg Adams.

Adam's  was 8 > Adam as 8?

I do beleive Greg Adams wore 8, and I think that would be Gr8 to see another Adam in 8.

. . Just as Gr8 to see 88 on an  XXXL jersey.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Ray_Cathode said:

Nik should wear 6’7”.

Round up twice and wear 69?

• Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Why are people talking about Gaudette giving up his number?  This is Nikita Tryamkin we’re talking about not Patrick Kane.....

• Like 1