The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

On 4/13/2020 at 10:01 PM, wildcam said:

Hope Jim Benning moves away from Tanev, like him as a player but poor guy is always injured...He is 30 yrs old UFA asking 4 yrs x 4.8 mil ??

We could also not resign and save his 4.6 million toward other player to resign off this roaster..

Resign Taffoli 4 yrs x 4.9 mil ---- Then move Boser for top # 2 D guy...

Resign Markstrom 4 yrs x 5.7 million - with 10 team trade list in his contract...

Resign Virtanen 3 yrs x 3.2 million  -- He will demand raise after this season..Future 20-24 goals - 44 - 50 points regular, real power forward..

Resign Leivo 2x 1.8 million - show me more deal..Solid top 9 forward - Future 18-23 goals - 40 point - solid gritty plays 200 foot game...

Resign Motte 1 yr x 900,000,=-- Might have to move from Motte-- Big MacEwen 6'3 , 4th line ready

Resign MacEwen 2 yrs x 900,000 -- one way deal, NHL ready and we need his gritty style along with speed..Exciting

Maybe with Covid -19 NHL will give every team a one player buy out? Erickson @ 6 million...Yes fingers crossed..

Alot can happen between now and and next year.  Personally, I think that LE might just hang them up.  Up until now, LE hasn't hurt the future of the club.  

His situation is going to flip this year.  If he returns, he will be a negatively impacting the future of this club.  How does he walk into the locker room if Marky couldn't be resigned due to cap space as a scenario.  

He has most of his cash, the hiatus will likely hurt the more older players due to the physical growth and maturity that occurs with the 24 yr and younger players naturally.  

Hope he hangs up his NHL skates and goes back to play in Sweden if his heart is still in the game.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

11 hours ago, Phat Fingers said:

Alot can happen between now and and next year.  Personally, I think that LE might just hang them up.  Up until now, LE hasn't hurt the future of the club.  

His situation is going to flip this year.  If he returns, he will be a negatively impacting the future of this club.  How does he walk into the locker room if Marky couldn't be resigned due to cap space as a scenario.  

He has most of his cash, the hiatus will likely hurt the more older players due to the physical growth and maturity that occurs with the 24 yr and younger players naturally.  

Hope he hangs up his NHL skates and goes back to play in Sweden if his heart is still in the game.  

He strikes me as business first type. I think he will do what's best for his pocketbook.  JB will have to make it worth his while to leave.

16 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

He strikes me as business first type. I think he will do what's best for his pocketbook.  JB will have to make it worth his while to leave.

Didn't he turn down a larger Dallas offer to sign with the Twins?  Rather than a "business first" type I think he is a team-first guy

Unfortunately the magic he and the Twins displayed on the larger ice didn't translate to NHL rinks

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, Googlie said:

Didn't he turn down a larger Dallas offer to sign with the Twins?  Rather than a "business first" type I think he is a team-first guy

Unfortunately the magic he and the Twins displayed on the larger ice didn't translate to NHL rinks

If that was true we should have signed him for less than 6 million a year

• Cheers 1

Tiny tidbit from Goldobin:

Goldobin also said he didn’t know what might happen with Nikita Tryamkin. The big defenceman’s agent has said more than once that Tryamkin would like to return to the NHL and Benning has said the Canucks are interested.

“He doesn’t know yet,” he said. “He does want to come but he doesn’t know yet. But he said he’ll let me know right away.”

• Thanks 1

On 4/27/2020 at 4:52 AM, Hamhuis Hip Check said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if there isn't a signing until after they figure out what's happening with this and potentially next season, as mush as i would love to see it happen as soon as he is able to

This is all too mush for me.  Get him signed already.  Hogz too, Jimbo, while you are at it

27 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I hate that Rick does this kind of thing now. 

Fear mongering to a highly reactive fan-base sure does drum up hits tho........pathetic on his part sadly imo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Beary Sweet said:

Makes sense. Canucks are in a cap squeeze (barring compliance buyouts), particularly as to how they build their defence for next season (Tanev, Stecher, etc). 

Although it’s a little discouraging. I’d hoped that Tryamkin would be signed at a price point that wouldn’t really factor much into their budget considerations. This probably signals they’re considering a higher salary (and term) for Tryamkin than I’d want to see him given, at least initially.

1 hour ago, Beary Sweet said:

Teams are still making smaller signings like this.

They could easily get to a point where Tryamkin has a KHL contract offer and we need to decide whether to pul the trigger on signing him.  It is likely something like a 2-3 year contract at $2 million or so... so regardless of the cost situation that is a deal you can do.