The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

3 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I hate that Rick does this kind of thing now. 

3 hours ago, Fanuck said:

Fear mongering to a highly reactive fan-base sure does drum up hits tho........pathetic on his part sadly imo.

The entire NHL is pretty silent and has been for weeks.   Yet rick is worried!!??

What a schmuck...

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

The entire NHL is pretty silent and has been for weeks.   Yet rick is worried!!??

What a schmuck...

No kidding. Not to mention the fact that if they were indeed in the process of negotiating a contract, there is a very good chance that they wouldn't let out even a peep about it until it was a done deal.

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

Can’t be too concerned about that article considering there is no hockey ..  and seriously, when will overseas travel resume, only to be quarantined again.  

Eriksson, Petersson, and others are all literally waiting for that ship to sail too.

ps.  Signing him to a contract for next season IS manageable though.

ship it final destination GIF

Edited by SilentSam
  • Cheers 1

“The team won’t be signing the huge and hugely enigmatic Russian until there is financial clarity about next season – and that could take months.”

Why wouldn’t the Canucks at least sign him to a one-year deal to finish this season as a starting point to see where he’s at? This is assuming that the regular season and playoffs could be saved. Don’t we have a bit of cap room right now?

2 hours ago, Slegr said:

“The team won’t be signing the huge and hugely enigmatic Russian until there is financial clarity about next season – and that could take months.”

Why wouldn’t the Canucks at least sign him to a one-year deal to finish this season as a starting point to see where he’s at? This is assuming that the regular season and playoffs could be saved. Don’t we have a bit of cap room right now?

cant sign him because the season isn't finished yet  and we are over the cap right now   , if the season was over then you can sign him   

• Cheers 1

About 150 pages ago, I listed the comparables to Tryamkin playing in the NHL and estimated that he's looking at about 3 mil/season on a deal that's fair for both parties.  

Really hoping that we can make some moves and fit both Toffoli and Tryamkin on our team next year! 

15 hours ago, Provost said:

Teams are still making smaller signings like this.

They could easily get to a point where Tryamkin has a KHL contract offer and we need to decide whether to pul the trigger on signing him.  It is likely something like a 2-3 year contract at $2 million or so... so regardless of the cost situation that is a deal you can do.

I think Benning is just pushing back in the media a little bit here too. Nik's agent has been trying to use the market excitement to boost Nik's salary position. 

There's no way Nik's getting a big salary upgrade in the KHL either next year with the financial hit the KHL is taking. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see something like a 2 year 5 mil deal by the end of this week, or even a 1 year deal. I really don't see how Nik can command much over 2 mil.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I think Benning is just pushing back in the media a little bit here too. Nik's agent has been trying to use the market excitement to boost Nik's salary position. 

There's no way Nik's getting a big salary upgrade in the KHL either next year with the financial hit the KHL is taking. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see something like a 2 year 5 mil deal by the end of this week, or even a 1 year deal. I really don't see how Nik can command much over 2 mil.

Nik has openly stated he is done with his KHL team,  also recently quoted by Goldobrin as saying he wants to be in Vancouver, and acknowledges the Cap situation, realizing it’s a timing issue before he gets to the Canucks.

Genuinely, considering this Virus issue and how it is affecting all sports,. I can not see Tryamkin exiting Russia to travel through China, and enter Canada to play any part of this 19-20 season.   Although I would be happy to be surprised.

He was offered a 2m per contract by Benning when he left,.  3 years ago. His play has not diminished, his game is better, and better than some that we have on our D core presently.

I’d say he is going to get 3- 3.5 for 2 years for the start of the 20-21 season.

If by some chance he can sign and play for this season , i think it would be a 3 year, rated on that same amount.

I can not see this season finishing,  

I can see the time better spent aligning the guidelines to a solid start for the 20-21 season.

Germany is hopeful that they have a vaccine in human trials today.   

Paitence Is Virtuous in this matter.

Lets remember hockey is physical contact, sweat,spit, water, blood, heavy breathing, bacteria ridden gear at every level of the game.

The potential of a meat packing plant for problems.

I personally have come to accept that this season is over.    

I’m not the doom and gloom type.. this is about problem solving,.

And sometimes the best thing to do is just stop where it’s safe, and let the problem pass.

8 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

He was offered a 2m per contract by Benning when he left,.  3 years ago. His play has not diminished, his game is better, and better than some that we have on our D core presently.

I’d say he is going to get 3- 3.5 for 2 years for the start of the 20-21 season.

If by some chance he can sign and play for this season , i think it would be a 3 year, rated on that same amount

man, 3.5? when you look at the comparisons at that salary range I have a hard time getting there and I'm a fan of Niks. If he could bring some offence maybe. Who are you seeing as the comp's? or maybe thats the issue, its really hard to compare him to other players. 

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Nik has openly stated he is done with his KHL team,  also recently quoted by Goldobrin as saying he wants to be in Vancouver, and acknowledges the Cap situation, realizing it’s a timing issue before he gets to the Canucks.

Genuinely, considering this Virus issue and how it is affecting all sports,. I can not see Tryamkin exiting Russia to travel through China, and enter Canada to play any part of this 19-20 season.   Although I would be happy to be surprised.

If by some chance he can sign and play for this season , i think it would be a 3 year, rated on that same amount.

I can not see this season finishing,  

I can see the time better spent aligning the guidelines to a solid start for the 20-21 season.

Germany is hopeful that they have a vaccine in human trials today.   

Paitence Is Virtuous in this matter.

Lets remember hockey is physical contact, sweat,spit, water, blood, heavy breathing, bacteria ridden gear at every level of the game.

The potential of a meat packing plant for problems.

I personally have come to accept that this season is over.    

I’m not the doom and gloom type.. this is about problem solving,.

And sometimes the best thing to do is just stop where it’s safe, and let the problem pass.

While I agree with you that Tryamkin has gotten better. He hasn't proven that at the NHL level yet. I doubt he gets a raise on that merit. He doesn't have much leverage back in the KHL either. I think we hold firm on a 2-2.5 million contract offer and he can choose to have a 1 or 2 year term to prove himself for a better next deal. The other option is if he wants 3 million, then I would ask for more term (4-5 years) to try and lock him down at a "lower" value with no trade clauses (if he doesn't pan out for whatever reason, some team will take a risk on him with his size and skating).

Someone like Zadorov just got a 3.2 million dollar deal for 1 year and he's proven a lot more at the NHL level and I think they are comparable players.

18 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I'm sure Tryamkin would be asking for something like the $3-3.5 mil deal if everything was normal, but as he's aware of the cap situation and wants to be here, and barring a compliance buyout (Loui), I could see him taking a 2 year team friendly contract (starting '20-'21, ~$2 mil) until the cap recovers. Extra revenue coming in from expansion, and new tv deals should help a bit in that regard. It would certainly help his image with his detractors taking a cheaper show me deal as well. By the time his contract would be up, we would have a number of more expensive contracts off the books (Eriksson, Sutter, Beagle etc) and the $4+ mil in the Spooner buyout and Luongo recrapture. If all goes well in his 2 years and proves he can be a legitimate top 3/4 D in the NHL, and the cap recovers, he could potentially be offered 5-6 years @ ~$5-6 mil, imo.