The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

6 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Any chance Big Nik(& the Diamonds) have shaken hands with JB in agreement..but they've also agreed not to make it official until after the play-ins are done?

Easy to see how this could prove distracting to the D-men who are playing for a slot/contract.

edit: with the COVID-crunch..maybe two yrs at 2.8, or around 3 at 2.5

Zero chance. Things don't work like that in real life.

Dhaliwal :-

"Agent Todd Diamond : Nikita could not wait any longer, the risk was too high for him, he has not played since February. The Canucks can not do a deal right now due to cap issues & they do not want to add a 1 way deal right now."

That's how bad FA's signing kicks in. Having said that this is a problem of Tryamkins own making

Edited by Fred65

2 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

Dhaliwal :-

"Agent Todd Diamond : Nikita could not wait any longer, the risk was too high for him, he has not played since February. The Canucks can not do a deal right now due to cap issues & they do not want to add a 1 way deal right now."

Argh. That’s very frustrating news. 
So frustrating. 

• Cheers 2

While super disappointing as I was really hoping to see him prowling our blueline beside Hughes one day, this really isn’t surprising.

If anything it makes sense for him. The next NHL season isn’t going to start before January. With the plan for an 82 game NHL season Next year I expect the season wont end until May/June. So it’s reasonable to assume he could get in a full season in the KHL and then sign in March/April with an NHL team once’s his season In The K is over. 

• Cheers 4

19 minutes ago, Spitfire_Spiky said:

While super disappointing as I was really hoping to see him prowling our blueline beside Hughes one day, this really isn’t surprising.

If anything it makes sense for him. The next NHL season isn’t going to start before January. With the plan for an 82 game NHL season Next year I expect the season wont end until May/June. So it’s reasonable to assume he could get in a full season in the KHL and then sign in March/April with an NHL team once’s his season In The K is over. 

He doesn't have that option as RFA.  He will not be allowed to play this coming season unless his KHL contract has an out-clause that allows him to opt out early (doubtful).  To be allowed to play in the NHL this coming season, he has to be signed at the latest about a quarter into the season (don't know the dates yet).  In the past RFAs had to be signed by 1 December to be allowed to play.  

The recently approved CBA MOU sets a tentative start date to next season for 1 December.

Edited by mll

5 minutes ago, Canuckster86 said:

Does Big Tryamkin become a UFA after this 1 year deal or an RFA? Looks like Canucks don't trust his play to guarantee him an NHL spot if what his agent says about a 1 way deal are true.

RFA until August 30th 2021 (27th B-day) though if he holds out past that date, he becomes a UFA

• Cheers 1

Who is surprised?    He didn’t want to be here before, and other than a bit of lip service, he has made no effort to show he does now.  

Can we please stop overrating the guy now?   He was a bottom pairing dman. 
Big friggen woop.  

He can rot in Russia.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Playoff depth?  a vet with great insight?

lets not forget that we probably let Tanev go, and Edler after that.

Oh, I get playoff depth.....but if a guy cant play a regular shift in the season, he is not much use in the playoffs

Great news! Just Fn great!

The first domino of Benning's lack of budget control

Now, players like Leivo, Toffoli, Tanev?, Motte, prospects, picks will have to be moved out because of his screw ups

Sorry, But this is going to be painful......butit was easy to see...............I dont blame Tryamkin

But don't forget to spread the joy around... Aqualini voted in favor of the last CBA there-by accepting the Luongo penalty

I for one am psssssed!

Edited by janisahockeynut
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, janisahockeynut said:

Great news! Just Fn great!

The first domino of Benning's lack of budget control

Now, players like Leivo, Toffoli, Tanev?, Motte, will have to be moved out because of his screw ups

Sorry, But this is going to be painful

But don't forget to spread the joy around... Aqualini voted in favour of the last CBA there by accepting the Luongo penalty

I for one am psssssed!

With you Jan..

lets not forget that the extension to this season because of Covid is a directly related to all of the above.

There are players who are on are roster who would not be,. And Benning would have proper numbers and a roster to fill if hockey had been stopped.

And quite frankly,. I doubt if we see this season finish with out it look8ng like an emergency call up challenge Cup.

1 minute ago, SilentSam said:

With you Jan..

lets not forget that the extension to this season because of Covid is a directly related to all of the above.

There are players who are on are roster who would not be,. And Benning would have proper numbers and a roster to fill if hockey had been stopped.

And quite frankly,. I doubt if we see this season finish with out it look8ng like an emergency call up challenge Cup.

Oh, I understand that Covid forced the cap to stay flat...

But even with a cap raise we would have been tight and there would have been player movement

Time to move on, but I bet Benning was squirming a little before Rathbone signed.....

I think he looks real bad on this one

If Tryamkin is good enough, J.B. would have signed him and paid him what he wanted. He is not good enough. We all know how much J.B. loves big physical D men. He traded for Gudbranson.

Since Tryamkin left NHL, the Canucks added Hughes, Stecher, Rafferty and now Rathbone. The 2021 draft is reputed to have more capable D prospects similar to the draft of 2018. The team could not just wait for his return from KHL and now he can't afford to wait for the team. 

Edited by Maddogy
  • Thanks 1