The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

Nik definitely would have taken the piss out of a lot of the intimidation the Canucks have faced so far..  

The young man is built for playoff hockey , strong and powerful on opposing forwards,. And cool headed doing it.

Reaves and Carrier would be smudge marks on the boards,.  A someone like Perron would be used at the next WHL teddy bear toss.

Next season I can see the main focus on Defence.

Our offensive changes will just happen with players being pushed out of jobs by way of a great farm system..

Quite possible all our answers on D fence are already within our “rights” and ready for the next step.

As odd a season this has been,  the excitement of what Benning has been creating is on the surface.

Have a great night in Edmonton boys!

Id say the win tonight takes us to a seventh game win hands down.

Vegas should be feeling desperate.

... even if Markstrom is on the bench.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 9/4/2020 at 6:13 AM, SilentSam said:

Nik definitely would have taken the piss out of a lot of the intimidation the Canucks have faced so far..  

The young man is built for playoff hockey , strong and powerful on opposing forwards,. And cool headed doing it.

Reaves and Carrier would be smudge marks on the boards,.  A someone like Perron would be used at the next WHL teddy bear toss.

Next season I can see the main focus on Defence.

Our offensive changes will just happen with players being pushed out of jobs by way of a great farm system..

Quite possible all our answers on D fence are already within our “rights” and ready for the next step.

As odd a season this has been,  the excitement of what Benning has been creating is on the surface.

Have a great night in Edmonton boys!

Id say the win tonight takes us to a seventh game win hands down.

Vegas should be feeling desperate.

... even if Markstrom is on the bench.

Awesome! Maybe Perron's the Dwarf Toss?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SilentSam said:

Looks like through 5 games, he's leading his team in ice time per game. Also leading in hits from the defense and currently 2nd on the defense in scoring.

Looks like a guy that came to start the season in shape to squander those who are still concerned about that. And playing top minutes would suggest he's probably more than just a bottom pairing guy. He's shown this last year, but people were still doubting it. Just wanted to bring this up because it looks like he's continued it into this season.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, theo5789 said:

Looks like through 5 games, he's leading his team in ice time per game. Also leading in hits from the defense and currently 2nd on the defense in scoring.

Looks like a guy that came to start the season in shape to squander those who are still concerned about that. And playing top minutes would suggest he's probably more than just a bottom pairing guy. He's shown this last year, but people were still doubting it. Just wanted to bring this up because it looks like he's continued it into this season.

He is living up to his potential Theo,.

but the ceiling on this kid, and I suspect the longetivity of his career are going to flourish in the NHL.  

Perhaps a bit of good luck to be playing with a North American Coach who will help to see his full tool box opened and prepare him for expectations and his experience with the Canucks.

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, Slegr said:

Size matters. I’m convinced that if we had Tryamkin this post-season, we would have got through the Knights and be playing in the conference finals.

He would have gotten us on the board in any of Vegas 3 shutouts of the Canucks?  I don't see it. Wasn't lack of defense or lack of size that killed us.  Lack of scoring did us in.

10 hours ago, Slegr said:

We hardly could get possession of the puck. A few timely hits by Tryamkin would change that in a hurry. Lack of size is what killed us against a stronger, heavier Vegas team. We looked physically and mentally beat in game 7.

Worthy of note, Matt Martins is an UFA this summer. If you want to settle Reeves down, this is the guy to do it. He really enjoys hitting :-)

Edited by Fred65
  • Cheers 1

I think Tryamkin will sign with Vancouver after the KHL season is over..

I listened to his agent at the start of the NHL playoffs, he basically said Vancouver could not commit to Tryamkin at end of July with so much uncertainty. Tryamkin had to sign KHL season at end of July...

Sure hope we can sign Tryamkin to a contract 2 yrs X 1.5 million show me contract..Tryamkin would give us toughness in front of net and offensive players will be aware when he is on the ice at 6'8, 265 lbs play # 5 spot..

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

14 hours ago, Fred65 said:

Worthy of note, Matt Martins is an UFA this summer. If you want to settle Reeves down, this is the guy to do it. He really enjoys hitting :-)

Reeves doesn't need to be settled down. He took a 5 minute major. Shame on our PP for not burning Vegas with not even getting at least 3 shots on net, let alone 3 goals like the Sharks did last year.

I'd say let Reeves run around. We don't need Martins. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Watched him play a litte bit today.

Only highlight I caught before I had to leave was Tryamkin covering for his defense partner,

'who was getting pyloned' off the LW and Tryamkin skated hard across from his RD position dove on his belly and swung his stick to knock the puck away from the speedy winger and avoided a penalty on the move..

A desperation dive to halt a offensive foray.

High compete level. 

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

Worthy of note, Matt Martins is an UFA this summer. If you want to settle Reeves down, this is the guy to do it. He really enjoys hitting :-)

Very worthy Fred, good call.

I will never understand why we pontificate about signing lightweights to over-valued contracts.

When the going gets grindy, they, to a man, turn whimp.  In it for the dollars only.

Give me a team who enjoys hitting every time.

Imagine a team backed up by Myers, Tryamkin, Martins and MacEwen.

Imagine how tall suddenly everyone else plays - Virtanen, Beagle, Rouselle, etc.

Imagine the option of swapping complete rosters with '10 Bruins or post-draft Vegas.

Nah, we wouldn't even imagine doing it.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

12 hours ago, Mo Grit said:

Very worthy Fred, good call.

I will never understand why we pontificate about signing lightweights to over-valued contracts.

When the going gets grindy, they, to a man, turn whimp.  In it for the dollars only.

Give me a team who enjoys hitting every time.

Imagine a team backed up by Myers, Tryamkin, Martins and MacEwen.

Imagine how tall suddenly everyone else plays - Virtanen, Beagle, Rouselle, etc.

Imagine the option of swapping complete rosters with '10 Bruins or post-draft Vegas.

Nah, we wouldn't even imagine doing it.

I recall Marcus Nasland saying Wade Brookbank made every one on the bench 6" taller

• Cheers 1