The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

48 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Big Nik is also listed now at 202cm and 115kg, so he’s 6’ 7.5” (many sites have him rounded to 6’8”) and has slimmed down to 253.5 lbs (from the 265 lbs he weighed when he was in Vancouver).

You can also see just looking at him that he’s in much better shape now. Noticeably leaner in his face, and has a more “athletic” overall look to him now (compared to a few years ago when he basically looked like a giant farm boy who was strong as **** but also a little doughy).

Think I saw a pic of him on Instagram, young man has definitely thrown some strength into those arms too.

... looking forward, I. Excited again for our entire next season,. Really hope it’s worked out timing wise between the NHL and teams on new datelines for players affiliated with the NHL clubs to be able to join in from overseas

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Boudrias said:

The Canuck Marek Malik or the NYR between the legs Marek Malik? I cannot remember the reasons he left. Thought he was decent while here. 

Bieksa was on Sportsnet 650 the other day and mentioned Malik as one of his partners that left the team to get more money elsewhere.  

He was offered a lot more money then the Canucks could/would pay him. 

12 hours ago, Boudrias said:

The Canuck Marek Malik or the NYR between the legs Marek Malik? I cannot remember the reasons he left. Thought he was decent while here. 

I think the Canucks just didn't have the money to keep him around.  

IIRC, Malik got a 3x$2.5 million contract with a sizable amount paid upfront.  

The Canucks had to fill their depth with a bunch of random guys.... 

Steve McCarthy

Sven Butenschon

Wade Brookbank

Eric Weinrich

Keith Carney

Sean Brown

Travis Mojzis

and a young Kevin Bieksa

On 9/24/2020 at 8:33 PM, theo5789 said:

Tryamkin can actually skate. I think Tryamkin is a more physically imposing Myers.

More physically imposing is an understatement.  Tryamkin is probably the only player in NHL history who has been able to rag doll a guy who was 230 pounds.  I'd say if he were to play for the Canucks today he would be even stronger than before.  He is a bigger and stronger version of his countryman, Nikita Zadorov.  That's really the best comparison out there.

• Cheers 1

46 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Can't you just see Tryamkin leading a rush up the ice with Hughes drafting in behind him. They cross the blue line and Try drops the puck between his legs to Hughes. Hughes fakes left, then right as Try skates to the net setting the screen. Try is so tall that Hughes can still roof the puck shooting between Try's legs! Perfect screen! There will be NO  way to defend against these two! 

It's great to have Quinn and possibly Rathbone or Rafferty as puck moving, offensively minded D men but the addition of Tryamkin and perhaps a very defensively sound yet physically imposing and truculent D man to add to the mix would IMO vault the Canucks into serious contention next year to play for the cup. That being said how one goes about that and still stay under the cap is the million dollar question. I hope JB finds a way to make it happen but would likely involve moving the likes of Stetcher, Benn and Fantenberg; possibly even Tanev.

• Cheers 2

On 9/24/2020 at 1:59 PM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Tryamkin is technically considered an RFA, then the December 1st signing deadline applies.... he can't simply sign and join the Canucks right after his KHL deal expires....the Canucks can start negotiating a contract with him when this KHL season ends.. They'd have to sign a 2021-22 effective contract.... IIRC the earliest he can actually play for the Canucks is the 2021-22 season.

This is depressing. However, I could see the December signing deadline change given the NHL probably won’t even start until January. Maybe there will be enough of a delay to allow for his KHL season to end before a new signing deadline hits, allowing Tryamkin to still finish with the Canucks in spring 2021.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

20 minutes ago, Slegr said:

This is depressing. However, I could see the December signing deadline change given the NHL probably won’t even start until January. Maybe there will be enough of a delay to allow for his KHL season to end before a new signing deadline hits, allowing Tryamkin to still finish with the Canucks in spring 2021.

The deadlines should change Slegr,

The NHL teams need to have their vested interests made available to them otherwise watch how the draft changes in the future..

Euro players won’t get a whiffle ball of a chance to go in the top 20.

Even the categories of ELC and what level of “agency” a player is eligible to play..

Podz gets his opportunity because he is an ELC..  Tryamkin dosent?

The League (NHL) needs to listen to GM’s on this and other topics that have been affected by Covid and the New Season start dates.

it has to change.

• Thanks 1

I hear that Tampa may have a difficult time re-signing Sergachev.  They have only $5 million in cap space and 15 players under contract for next year.  I wonder if Benning could do a re-do of the 2016 draft and trade Juolevi for Sergachev.  Tampa would save millions and they could re-sign Cernak with the added cap space.  Throw in a draft pick or prospect to close the deal.  

Imagine Sergachev and Tryamkin playing together with Podkolzin up front.  One can dream, but if you dream it is better to dream big...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I hear that Tampa may have a difficult time re-signing Sergachev.  They have only $5 million in cap space and 15 players under contract for next year.  I wonder if Benning could do a re-do of the 2016 draft and trade Juolevi for Sergachev.  Tampa would save millions and they could re-sign Cernak with the added cap space.  Throw in a draft pick or prospect to close the deal.  

Imagine Sergachev and Tryamkin playing together with Podkolzin up front.  One can dream, but if you dream it is better to dream big...

star wars trailer GIF

• Cheers 2

19 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

It's great to have Quinn and possibly Rathbone or Rafferty as puck moving, offensively minded D men but the addition of Tryamkin and perhaps a very defensively sound yet physically imposing and truculent D man to add to the mix would IMO vault the Canucks into serious contention next year to play for the cup. That being said how one goes about that and still stay under the cap is the million dollar question. I hope JB finds a way to make it happen but would likely involve moving the likes of Stetcher, Benn and Fantenberg; possibly even Tanev.

I really think Benning and group will sign Tryamkin after his KHL season is over...

If it wasn't for Covid they might of signed him for this season.I listened to Tryakins agent talking on sportsnet 650..He basically said at end of July Tryamkin had to sign in KHL they could not wait..Canucks could not offer him a contract at that point due to civid and so much uncertainty ..Both sides were understanding and decided it was best for Tryamkin to play this season in KHL...We will sign him after season..Excited to see him as solid guy on PK and taking regular shift say 14-16 mins . Contract with be interesting? Maybe 1.4 million X 2 yr bonus if he averages more then 17 mins a game? 

11 hours ago, wildcam said:

Contract with be interesting? Maybe 1.4 million X 2 yr bonus if he averages more then 17 mins a game? 

I thought that the current CBA only allows performance bonuses on ELC contracts and for players aged 35 or older. Tweener bonuses are just in lieu of salary (eg, a $6 million cap hit for the year, but a $4 million bonus and $2 million salary).  Eriksson's contract is structured that way.  That's what might make him attractive to Ottawa.   Melnyk is apparently cash-strapped, and will find it hard to meet the floor, so he gets in Eriksson a cheap salary but a $6 million cap hit for a player that can still contribute in little ways

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Googlie said:

I thought that the current CBA only allows performance bonuses on ELC contracts and for players aged 35 or older. Tweener bonuses are just in lieu of salary (eg, a $6 million cap hit for the year, but a $4 million bonus and $2 million salary).  Eriksson's contract is structured that way.  That's what might make him attractive to Ottawa.   Melnyk is apparently cash-strapped, and will find it hard to meet the floor, so he gets in Eriksson a cheap salary but a $6 million cap hit for a player that can still contribute in little ways

If they just resign their rfas and what they already have they will easily meet the floor.

They don’t need an Erickson to get there. The value of Erickson for them would be a reduction in real term cash vs cap hit, not in meeting the floor 

8 hours ago, UKNuck96 said:

If they just resign their rfas and what they already have they will easily meet the floor.

They don’t need an Erickson to get there. The value of Erickson for them would be a reduction in real term cash vs cap hit, not in meeting the floor 

They have $38.237 committed, and the floor is $60.2, so they are $21.962 under the floor.  

That's a lot to throw at RFAs

See:

https://www.spotrac.com/nhl/ottawa-senators/cap/2020

Eriksson gives them about 1/3 of that for minimal actual cash being spent