The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

8 minutes ago, Googlie said:

They have $38.237 committed, and the floor is $60.2, so they are $21.962 under the floor.  

That's a lot to throw at RFAs

See:

https://www.spotrac.com/nhl/ottawa-senators/cap/2020

Eriksson gives them about 1/3 of that for minimal actual cash being spent

Then only have 9 players signed for next year.

If you consider a team to be usually 13F, 7D, and 2G, then Ottawa has 13 players to sign. That's an avg of $1.7M per player to reach the floor. They can do it easily. 

Even if they trade for Eriksson, they still need to sign 12 more players just to field a team. 

Eriksson only saves them any actual dollars if he's paid less cash than one of the 13 players they would need to sign anyways. And Ottawa has Brady Thachuk as an RFA next year who'll make big dollars

50 minutes ago, Where's Wellwood said:

If you consider a team to be usually 13F, 7D, and 2G, then Ottawa has 13 players to sign. That's an avg of $1.7M per player to reach the floor. They can do it easily. 

Even if they trade for Eriksson, they still need to sign 12 more players just to field a team. 

Eriksson only saves them any actual dollars if he's paid less cash than one of the 13 players they would need to sign anyways. And Ottawa has Brady Thachuk as an RFA next year who'll make big dollars

There isn't a single in the NHL that will need help to get to the cap floor for at least the next 2 seasons.  Every team will comfortably get there.  LE is going nowhere.  I get he would only cost 2.5 in real cash, but why would any team accept that.  They can get a far better player for 2.5 real cash.

3 hours ago, Where's Wellwood said:

2 hours ago, BCNate said:

There isn't a single in the NHL that will need help to get to the cap floor for at least the next 2 seasons.  Every team will comfortably get there.  LE is going nowhere.  I get he would only cost 2.5 in real cash, but why would any team accept that.  They can get a far better player for 2.5 real cash.

No, nobody will have problems reaching the floor. They could reach the floor while paying less than floor in actual cash though, which could be attractive to the right team/ownership.

Not sure that's Ottawa though as they've basically nixed most of their big dollar contracts as you noted Wellwood.

If (and agreed, it's a BIG if) we're able to move him, I'd imagine it would need to be something a bit more creative. Something like Eriksson + rights to/negotiated extension to Stecher (+/-) for Stralman out of FLA.

Eriksson saves them $5m of actual cash over the next two years vs Stralman ($3.5m this year) which basically means they get a younger, club controlled, replacement RHD for 'free', as well as a depth F for basically the same cash as Stralman.

It helps us as Stralman's cap is already $500k less than Eriksson's PLUS we'd be effectively saving the $2-$3m of filling the 3RHD slot. 

That said, I fully expect we're going to need to simply waive him and it's one of: AHL (most likely), retire or mutually terminate.

I have stated in the past that I see Tryamkin as the replacement ( eventually) for Tanev..

In this play,.  This is how the 2 players differ and I see Tryamkin as the better shut down, end of cycle D man.

Tanev “tracks” his opponents into his own D zone.

Tryamkin  pressures his gap and 90 % of the time kills any set up , or press into the D zone.

It typically goes U.N. noticed because it’s an execution play, and not a strategy.

its a simple kill play,  and not one looking to create time for other team mates,  or opposing team mates to set up.

His size and skating abilities cause this. 

Edited by SilentSam
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

...and then hearing this $&!#e..

Proves he is a Keeper.

I'm thinking they are desperate to find a suitable replacement for Chara, who is getting long in the tooth. Tryamkin might be that guy but a 6th is an insult IMO. Personally I think Van would be much better off and further ahead towards vying for the cup with Tryamkin onboard. He brings a lot of attributes that the other D men on the team just do not have

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I'm thinking they are desperate to find a suitable replacement for Chara, who is getting long in the tooth. Tryamkin might be that guy but a 6th is an insult IMO. Personally I think Van would be much better off and further ahead towards vying for the cup with Tryamkin onboard. He brings a lot of attributes that the other D men on the team just do not have

Agree - he would be a good Chara replacement for them (chara light), I hope the Canucks hold onto his rights as it looks like a deal could be done, the sounds were positive from both camps with the door left wide open. 

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Tryamkin, the Canuck, will be the destroying the Bruins in the 2022 SC Finals.  The rat will hide in his hole in the boards.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

15 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

I see posters throwing NT away for trinkets, & it's just depressing.

After watching bullying & chicken noises at ice level, no less. Wanted to see a large, formidable Van team for too long now. If they F*** this up, it's unforgivable.

not to worry....they're keeping him. 

JB "you know Tram, the best thing for you during this pandemic is to play another year in the KHL...You get ice time in September to March and then you join us in March for the mid season and playoff push (caveat here, if the NHL pushes the Dec 1 signing date to March)...if not, you play for us the following season"

Tram " Mister Benning, you have been good to me and my family....I love you, I will go to war for you".

• Thanks 1

Yeah I’d keep Tryamkin. Wouldn’t include him in any deals. Not because I feel he’s untouchable but only because his value is at its absolute lowest. What kind of lottery odds are you getting back by moving him. I’d rather role the dice on a 6’7” 250 pound dman that can skate well for his size and finish his checks.

• Cheers 2