The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

Go behind closed doors the morning of the 2014 NHL Draft as the Vancouver Canucks scouts and management interview their future third round pick, Nikita Tryamkin.

I love these behind the scenes videos, can't wait to see the kid come over for the prospects tourney.

Just finished

He does not jump into the play too often. More often, he is the guy furthest back because he prefers the safe play.

From the games i have watched, his defensive game (next to his size) is his biggest strength. This is a very smart player defensively, always in position, active stick, plays the body when necessary, and as you will see in the video, he makes players pay in front of the net. His reach knocks away a lot of pucks and thwarts many entrances into his zone. He is nearly impossible to move once he has body position on the opponent.

Also from what i can see, his shots get blocked a lot, which may also be what Benning is referring to when he commented on the lack of frequency the puck reaches the net. I'd say its edler-esque in the frequency of blocked shots. Something to work on for him. The wrister from what i can see has a higher probability of making it through and is quite deceiving.

Wow amazing!

Hes alot more mobile than I thought. I think we have something here.

Some info from Russian sites: http://news.sport-express.ru/2014-06-30/713779/. Here's my translation:

Nikita Tryamkin - "I'm happy Vancouver selected me"

A defender of "Avtomobilist" Nikita Tryamkin shared with us his impressions from the NHL Draft, where he was selected by Vancouver. As per his words, he's happy with the results of the event; however, in order to continue his career in NHL he still needs to work a lot.

- NHL Draft took place in Philadelphia and it was a real hockey celebration, - Tryamkin is quoted saying by the official club's website. - I knew, which teams might be interested in me, but I won't hide: the most important thing for me was to be selected in general. Now it doesn't make sense to talk about other teams - I was selected by Vancouver and I'm very happy about it. Everyone, who I talked to, say only good things about the club and the city.

- I fully understand that it's only a first step towards playing in the NHL, that I have a lot of work ahead. I hope that in the future I'll be able to play in Vancouver. But my immediate plans, for the next and the following seasons, are connected to "Avtomobilist".

• Upvote 1

Big guy!

I'm surprised that he doesn't speak any English though. Players like him aspire to play in the NHL and yet they haven't learned the language. Hopefully he can work on that so that he's ready for North America when he makes the transition

bure barely spoke english by the end of his career, who cares what language he speaks and how much english he speaks

There is a significant chance he doesn't every come to the NHL. The fact that he doesn't speak English should not be over looked. He will make good money in the KHL for the next couple years. Why incur the costs of learning a new language, moving away from home leaving friends and family all to take a pay cut and play in the NHL?

We're going to need to acquire a Russian, pretty much.

But who? We passed on Nichushkin and there aren't really any affordable Russians that are any good.

Or he could learn some basic english phrases like 'What the hell was that?' and 'You do that again and you're benched, bud.'

There is a significant chance he doesn't every come to the NHL. The fact that he doesn't speak English should not be over looked. He will make good money in the KHL for the next couple years. Why incur the costs of learning a new language, moving away from home leaving friends and family all to take a pay cut and play in the NHL?

Because he wants to?

He states specifically in the video he wants to come to the NHL in 2 years.

Edited by elvis15

Willie is trying to recreate MH Tigers 2.0 while JB is recreating Bos, I sense a power struggle within the organization which will tear this franchise apart;).

Wha? LOL

We need to get bigger and it doesn't matter where they come from....

tortz_defense%20copy.jpg

Because he wants to?

He states specifically in the video he wants to come to the NHL in 2 years.

What do you think he is going to say when talking to an NHL team at the draft?

The question is will he want to in 2 years. There is a lot of costs that go in to coming to Vancouver to play in the NHL. I would argue that the more successful he is in the KHL over the next 2 years the less likely he will come to the NHL.

Question is if he'd be good enough. He looks like a total wildcard on defense and times and his shot is erratic at best. But at least dude's big.

Wildcard on defense? That is simply not what i saw. He was very steady and played it very safe. Tryamkin is not a wildcard on defense... Subban is a wildcard on defense.