The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

39 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Moscow is 12 hrs ahead,.  Could be on a flight while we're asleep. ;) 

Tryamkin needs Canadian visa first... And American one to play in the USA.

Edited by Stierlitz
  • Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Alflives said:

I wonder if Benning has his eyes on Sergachev too?  Plus, does Pedan get called up to help Tryamkin with the language transition?  

I think Pedan will get a look regardless, but this probably doesn't hurt. On Sergachev... hard to say, we have a lot of LHD so my guess if we end up with the 8 or 9 pick spot he goes down a pick or two for a smaller right hand shot speedy puck mover type D or a big winger like Julien Gauthier - 6-3 220 who scored 38 goals last year in the QMJ. 

10 hours ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

Shanny got him he took him out and bought him some Russian vodka and signed him llol

I read that Toronto had a huge heads up last summer. But he went back to Russia.

Gotta be open season again I would presume?

7 hours ago, Stierlitz said:

Not sure if true but funny anyway:

nobody @petbugs13 Mar 4

Linden: previous regime had policy not to sign Russians. Our scout almost fell off chair when we brought Tryamkin in for draft interview.

It wasn't just our previous mgmt, teams were antsi about Russian players bolting back to the KHL for big money...when they were paying big money.

20 hours ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

will the Russians pay the price come playoffs, we know Canadian D-men would but would they?

Ovechkin was heartbroken not to go further in the playoffs last few years.   He has changed his game with Trotz to be a better player for the playoffs.  A lot of pride in Russians.  Ah.... Bure?

1 minute ago, gameburn said:

Ovechkin was heartbroken not to go further in the playoffs last few years.   He has changed his game with Trotz to be a better player for the playoffs.  A lot of pride in Russians.  Ah.... Bure?

I also remember Ovechkin sulking like **ll, when Canada beat Russia in the Vancouver Olympics. Once they got down in that game, he basically mailed it in. As well as the Americans in Sochi, other than Kesler that is.

1 minute ago, johngould21 said:

I also remember Ovechkin sulking like **ll, when Canada beat Russia in the Vancouver Olympics. Once they got down in that game, he basically mailed it in. As well as the Americans in Sochi, other than Kesler that is.

The Russian national team is something else, certainly not the SC playoffs.  More of a burden than a benefit for the Russians that play in NA, imo.  Too much pressure.  Maybe I'm cutting him too much slack, not sure.

In any case, mailing it in does sound bad, though, I agree.  In the playoffs you can't do that: the present game is used to send a message for the next game, it can be brutal.  We know from experience here that those brutal losses in Boston just prior to the seventh game in Vancouver in the SCF a few years back were soul destroying.  Beaten psychologically somehow.

• Upvote 1