The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

Just now, mpt said:

Instead of figuring it out, wouldn't it be better if someone was there to help teach him?  Glad to see your thoughts on teamwork.

the team work thing goes without saying , if he finds himself in trouble i'm pretty sure someone like gudbranson steps up. and i also think he doesn't need a whole lot of tutelage in the pugilism department.

1 hour ago, chon derry said:

the team work thing goes without saying , if he finds himself in trouble i'm pretty sure someone like gudbranson steps up. and i also think he doesn't need a whole lot of tutelage in the pugilism department.

This is what can happen when you try to "learn as you go", better for a guy like Prust to work with Virtanen, or a guy like Dorsett and Gudbranson to work Tryamkin.  You can't just throw your arms around like a windmill at these proven NHL fighters

Edited by mpt

15 minutes ago, mpt said:

This is what can happen when you try to "learn as you go", better for a guy like Prust to work with Virtanen, or a guy like Dorsett and Gudbranson to work Tryamkin.

i'm not going to argue the point, i'm with you on the tryamkin concern our concerns differ a little  and there is the bigger they the harder the harder they fall aspect to it ,to be sure , but the far end of that spectrum , would be if he tryampkin seriously loses it ,he puts some one out with injury and gets himself suspended , i wouldn't want either one of those scenarios.  having said all that i have some concern however i'm certainly not worried about him.

Edited by chon derry

3 hours ago, mpt said:

I hope Gudbranson can teach him how to fight

I would be happier if he teaches Tryamkin how to use the smaller ice surface to his advantage. Tryamkin doesn't need to fight to be effect he needs to keep growing in the area of using his space properly. He got better as time went on. 

He needs to be in shape first.

Tree doesn't have to fight to be effective. I think it is more important to develop his overall game instead.  He can skate and make a good pass.  He needs to work on his accuracy for his shot.  The rough stuff will come naturally to him due to his size.  I am excited on what he may become.  

2 hours ago, chon derry said:

i'm not going to argue the point, i'm with you on the tryamkin concern our concerns differ a little  and there is the bigger they the harder the harder they fall aspect to it ,to be sure , but the far end of that spectrum , would be if he tryampkin seriously loses it ,he puts some one out with injury and gets himself suspended , i wouldn't want either one of those scenarios.  having said all that i have some concern however i'm certainly not worried about him.

Let's just agree that he hopefully will become as a beast to play against and that he intimidates the other players.  He definitely has the potential and him having to fight is a small piece to a much larger picture

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, aqua59 said:

I would be happier if he teaches Tryamkin how to use the smaller ice surface to his advantage. Tryamkin doesn't need to fight to be effect he needs to keep growing in the area of using his space properly. He got better as time went on. 

He needs to be in shape first.

13 minutes ago, EastVanCanuck said:

Tree doesn't have to fight to be effective. I think it is more important to develop his overall game instead.  He can skate and make a good pass.  He needs to work on his accuracy for his shot.  The rough stuff will come naturally to him due to his size.  I am excited on what he may become.  

Oh for sure but with the size he brings you know he's going to have to stand up for himself eventually, it's a small piece too a much larger picture

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎29‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 8:10 PM, mpt said:

We'll find out by his conditioning at training camp whether or not we should be excited about his potential.  If he doesn't come in great shape, I doubt he'll ever get it

Agreed.  This is his time to shine.  That's the only thing that concerns me about this guy.  Otherwise, he's a gem.

Having added some defensive depth gives the option of playing Tryampkin on the third pairing. They can protect him to an extent so he can adjust. 

People will be all upset if he needs more time to develop.

Personally I do have the expectation  of him making it, he showed good improvement game by game.

We'll see what kind of shape he shows up in. That will tell a lot.

On June 4, 2016 at 0:36 PM, mpt said:

Oh for sure but with the size he brings you know he's going to have to stand up for himself eventually, it's a small piece too a much larger picture

I might have seen Tryampkin

on a YouTube clip on this site or somewhere else. He'll be fine. The guy he was fighting could barely reach him, Tryamkin wasn't pretty, he wrestled with the guy a bit. Tryamkin is a large strong guy. Im sure he'll go and will be challenged after hammering some forward into tomorrow. So guy will come and flale away and that will be it.

im looking forward to our d hammered Lucic for the duration  of his contract. 

Edited by aqua59

I wonder what will happen after Lucic and Tryamkin of Gudbranson collide in front of our net, after a whistle.

I don't see anyone backing down, and there could be some serious fireworks when we play Edmonton with Gudy-Tryamkin-Pedan (If in) vs Lucic-Maroon-Kassian

Can't wait

• Upvote 2