The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Draft] Vancouver drafts Nikita Tryamkin(D) with 66th overall

canucktican

Our answer to Chara LOL!

He did play for Russia in WJC so he is not to be sneezed at. I wonder if he even wants to play for the NHL though.

IMO great pick!! I think for sure he wants to play in NA... why else would he be at the draft as player passed over in 2 previous drafts. Already 20 years old with a full KHL season under his belt. Developed defensive prospect with huge size... love it.

#inbenningwetrust

He's 20 years old and has a contract for 2 more years in KHL so we won't see him till he's 22.

He is at draft and was interviewed on team 1040 with help from the Canuck's Russian scout as translator.

Bure was a favorite player and he's familiar with the Canucks.

IMO great pick!! I think for sure he wants to play in NA... why else would he be at the draft as player passed over in 2 previous drafts. Already 20 years old with a full KHL season under his belt. Developed defensive prospect with huge size... love it.

#inbenningwetrust

He was at the draft?

sticking with the draft rankings worked out for us well last year,

this year we could have had Mckeown and Glover - two d men projected much higher than where we would have picked them,

not happy with these niche moves - tryamkin - did we really need to take him in the third?

i think ppl over think the whole drafting thing way too much - they think they know something that the ISS doesn't

Mckeown and glover would have made this draft a home run on top of demko, mccann, virtanen instead we dip into obscurity - which is what we have done classically

Archived