The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gustav Forsling | D

Grape

How many players play in the SEL in their NHL draft+1 year?

From what I've seen, a player that plays in the SEL in their draft year is fairly impressive and gets drafted fairly high, and a player who does it two years before their draft year is pretty rare (Oliver Kylington).

At any rate, I think a 5th round pick making the SEL in their draft+1 year would be considered a success.

Glad to see he grew (a bit - if that is true) and hope to see that he bulks up a little.

How many players play in the SEL in their NHL draft+1 year?

From what I've seen, a player that plays in the SEL in their draft year is fairly impressive and gets drafted fairly high, and a player who does it two years before their draft year is pretty rare (Oliver Kylington).

At any rate, I think a 5th round pick making the SEL in their draft+1 year would be considered a success.

Glad to see he grew (a bit - if that is true) and hope to see that he bulks up a little.

Im not sure beacause there are not very many camparables the last 2 drafts but if he can keep actually contributing offensively and play over 15 minutes it will be very rare for a player outside of the 1st round. If he can play just well enhough to make the WJC I would call it a great success

Im not sure beacause there are not very many camparables the last 2 drafts but if he can keep actually contributing offensively and play over 15 minutes it will be very rare for a player outside of the 1st round. If he can play just well enhough to make the WJC I would call it a great success

I see. Thanks for your input. Do you happen to watch the SEL from time to time? Or just follow the league through stats? Either way it' a whole lot more than me that's for sure haha

Pos G A SOG SW PIM + - +/- FO% TOI Hits

8 Gustav Forsling RD 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 -1 0 15:48 1

so hes averaging 15-16 minutes a game

While tryamkin is any where from 15-22 mins

Keep in mind Tryamkin is two years older than Forsling even though they were taken in the same draft year. Pretty good for Forsling to be making an impact at his age in the SEL already if he sticks to the team.

Both are intriguing mid- to late-round picks with different skillsets.

I see. Thanks for your input. Do you happen to watch the SEL from time to time? Or just follow the league through stats? Either way it' a whole lot more than me that's for sure haha

Yeah I'm Swedish and watch it in person from time to time :)

oh and 15.48 starting on the second pairing tonight no points and -1.

edit: stats

• 2 weeks later...

Archived