The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gustav Forsling | D

Grape

There was the Euro Top 4 Nation tournament in Prerov, Czech Republic this weekend. As Prerov is my hometown I was so happy to go there watch our prospect playing for Swedish U20 team. Sweden won all three games, I watched the last one against Russia (4:1) and was happy to see that Gustav was used in all situations and was pretty solid. After the game, I reached him in the streets and asked him to sign my Canucks hat. He humbly did and I could see how the other Swedish stars looked jealous, haha. I must cross my fingers for him now and wish him all the best in his hockey development.

so cool!! thanks for sharing!

There was the Euro Top 4 Nation tournament in Prerov, Czech Republic this weekend. As Prerov is my hometown I was so happy to go there watch our prospect playing for Swedish U20 team. Sweden won all three games, I watched the last one against Russia (4:1) and was happy to see that Gustav was used in all situations and was pretty solid. After the game, I reached him in the streets and asked him to sign my Canucks hat. He humbly did and I could see how the other Swedish stars looked jealous, haha. I must cross my fingers for him now and wish him all the best in his hockey development.

Thanks for keeping us posted!

That's awesome! Thanks for the info.

• 3 weeks later...

Little tidbit about Forsling in a HF article discussing the SHL..

"In addition to the aforementioned, NHL Draft picks Gustav Forsling (VAN), Carl Dahlstrom (CHI), Robin Norell (CHI), Andreas Englund (OTT), Linus Arnesson (BOS) and Adam Ollas Mattsson (CGY) are all seeing some significant minutes for their respective SHL teams, although only Forsling currently has a plus rating at +6. Interestingly, his teammate Dahlstrom has a -11. The other four defenders are all part of the upstart Djurgarden club, which currently features the youngest defense in the SHL."

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/115303/shl-prospects-notebook-november-2014-class-of-2014-playing-well-in-early-going/#more-115303

looks like they only took 3 players outside of sweden/professional leagues (William Lagesson , Dubuque Fighting Saints, USHL; Julius Bergman , London Knights, OHL; Leon Bristedt , University of Minnesota, NCAA).

it also looks like Rasmus Asplund is the one to watch.

Archived