The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mackenze Stewart | D/LW

Lui's Knob

here was the goal

his first in something like 3 months ~35 games!

Stewart just trying to clear the puck during a PK? that fooled everyone and just went straight in..no bounce no weird deflection..straight in....prob 20 feet behind his OWN blue line nvm i thought he was closer to that but at the face off dot!!!... my god

I watched Bob Dailey make the same play in the last seconds of a period and the goalie on that occasion..... Tony "O" Espisito

• 3 weeks later...

That guy got fracked up. Funny thing is the flames used a 3rd in a deep draft on Kanzig and we used a 6th on Stewart and Stewart is the better fighter.

I've watched Kanzig play for the Royals a fair bit, and he is a better overall player than Stewart. He's never going to be an elite scorer or anything but he's pretty responsible and good at making space out on the ice.

238 lbs. I hope he can play the game.

CDC would be drooling over a D with Tryampkin, Pedan, Cedarholm and Stewart, Subban and Edler.

I see what JB is doing here :)

When JB drafts these big kids IMO he's throwing pasta at the wall to see if one of them might stick. He clearly wants a big intimidating defenseman not to mention some muscle and size up front. He drafts 2-4 each draft just hoping one will make the grade. The chnace of players drafted in the 2nd round onwards actually making the NHL is around 25% so just by increasing the quanity he's upping the odds he gets what he wants

• 1 month later...

I have heard from one of my sources that the organization is quite pleased with Mackenze Stewart's play of late and they are working to get him signed real soon.

My source tells me that Benning only interested in signing Stewart only if we convert him into a goaltender. The plan is to trade Miller, Lack, Markstrom, and Eriksson for picks at the deadline and have a tandem of Stewart and Cannata.

Archived