The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mackenze Stewart | D/LW

Lui's Knob

This deserved a BIG :picard:

in my ever so best Cartman voice...."Why the F nottt?"

My source is always the helpful dude at the parking meters outside Rogers arena. Him and a few reliable street performers. How can you NOT rely of the credibility of a dude and his acoustic axe?

As for Stewart....I dont see why not to sign him. Atleast we control him and guide him to wherever we want him to play. And he nost likely wont whine or bitch n moan about it neither

• 1 month later...

This is a very odd signing.

He was an odd pick last year in the 7th round being a draft +1 pick. From what I gathered he really didn't show any signs of big improvement this year. He spent most of his time on the bottom pair for the Raiders this season.

There are caps on contracts (50) and same with ELC. It's kind of baffling that Benning would want to sign such a long shot prospect.

Oh no you're one of the My source tells me posters

Let me guess... The "back channels" of Twitter?

My source tells me that Benning only interested in signing Stewart only if we convert him into a goaltender. The plan is to trade Miller, Lack, Markstrom, and Eriksson for picks at the deadline and have a tandem of Stewart and Cannata.

This deserved a BIG :picard:

GBomknm.gif

He was an odd pick last year in the 7th round being a draft +1 pick. From what I gathered he really didn't show any signs of big improvement this year. He spent most of his time on the bottom pair for the Raiders this season.

There are caps on contracts (50) and same with ELC. It's kind of baffling that Benning would want to sign such a long shot prospect.

Problem is, most people figure sign of improvement must equate to point production.

If we signed him, everyone is probably really happy with the other parts of his game. He's never projected to be a point guy, but he is definitely a physical presence that we have been missing on the blueline.

Pedan, Tryamkin, Cederholm, Stewart....Sounds like we are building with the idea of making other teams regret playing in our end of the ice.

I guess you didn't get the memo -- Jim Benning only drafts future NHL players, no matter the round.

Problem is, most people figure sign of improvement must equate to point production.

If we signed him, everyone is probably really happy with the other parts of his game. He's never projected to be a point guy, but he is definitely a physical presence that we have been missing on the blueline.

Pedan, Tryamkin, Cederholm, Stewart....Sounds like we are building with the idea of making other teams regret playing in our end of the ice.

Yes an imposing AHL team.

Even if he is a defensive defenceman he should still score more than 11 points in his draft plus 2 season.

Waste of a contract.

Even if he is a defensive defenceman he should still score more than 11 points in his draft plus 2 season.

Waste of a contract.

At his rate of development Pedan will likely see time with the big club next season, if not surely the one after. Tryamkin almost certainly as well, should he come over. If Cederholm can play a steady solid game at the pro level he can make it as a 5/6, too.

Waste of a contract.

So, trying to figure out how you're more qualified to judge his ability and potential than Benning, who flies around and actually watches these kids play and gets first hand impression on them???

So, trying to figure out how you're more qualified to judge his ability and potential than Benning, who flies around and actually watches these kids play and gets first hand impression on them???

So I guess every GM is good and none of them are fallible because they were able to get a "GM" job?

Look at Stewart's comparables. He is beyond a long shot to make the NHL.

So I guess every GM is good and none of them are fallible because they were able to get a "GM" job?

Those are just guesses, nothing more.

Even the biggest long shot defencemen had better offensive stats than Stewart. Why not just let the K-Wings sign him to an ATO or PTO next season. How many times do Subban and Grenier have to prove themselves before they get a contract?

Has to be frustrating for them to see a guy who has done nothing to deserve a contract get one while they don't.

All GM's make mistakes and there's no guarantee that Steward ever plays a professional game, but if he doesn't then this contract means nothing either and ultimately has no baring on our ability to sign any other player.

I would suggest though, that GM's are much less prone to mistakes on who should or shouldn't be signed than pretty much everyone on this board, including me!

Archived