The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mackenze Stewart | D/LW

Lui's Knob

Hmmmmmmmm. This whole LW conversion thing has got me thinking. Is it possible that JB is trying to get Jordan into a LW/RW role and that is the reason why Subban hasn't been signed yet? I wonder if that is what Benning is going after and Subbans party is not biting.

I mentioned in another thread.... Subban posted a video of him doing squats in the gym. About 2 days ago. He was wearing a pair of Canucks shorts. Source = Subbans official Instagram account @Subbs95

I saw it. That could just be coincidence with the colours as I see no logo or am I missing something of great detail?

I don't know what's more credible. Benning saying repetitively that he would sign Subban in the off-season or Subban's shorts.

I saw it. That could just be coincidence with the colours as I see no logo or am I missing something of great detail?

I don't know what's more credible. Benning saying repetitively that he would sign Subban in the off-season or Subban's shorts.

OMG dude if you can't see the white Canucks logo on the bottom of his left leg, your right in the vid. Than you might need to get your eyes checked

It was a stupid comment at the time. I'm sure you were thinking the same thing and if you say you weren't I call BS

It was a stupid comment from you, not him. Until you did your research, you thought he was redundant. I saw a very raw prospect with an edge and a great work ethic

It was a stupid comment from you, not him. Until you did your research, you thought he was redundant. I saw a very raw prospect with an edge and a great work ethic

LOL sure you did bud.

I never said he was redundant and i did my research, there were no one saying this at the time. Maybe you need to do some research

You might need glasses then. you can see it while he squats

I don't think it is my eyes. Can you post the vid so I can see I got the right one.

Cause I swear all I see is the green stripe on his right leg and the rest is plain and his shorts are hidden when he squats.

Not stressing one bit just thought it was odd to use up a contract space on someone far less valuable than other prospects such as Subban. I'm sure they'll get him signed just not sure what the hold up is, he's a prospect not an established nhler which is why I find this soo odd.

His contract doesn't count until he's out of Junior, which he won't be next year.

Benning confirms Stewart will start in Utica next year instead of heading back to the WHL

If that's true, and would like to see a link, but that would mean that he is developing way better than anyone would have thought.

If I remember right, he didn't even start playing hockey until fairly late.

If that's true, and would like to see a link, but that would mean that he is developing way better than anyone would have thought.

If I remember right, he didn't even start playing hockey until fairly late.

age 12

http://blogs.vancouversun.com/2015/05/12/canucks-sign-defensive-prospect-mackenzie-stewart/

Stewart, a Calgary native who turns 20 in August, was born deaf and needed several surgeries as a child to restore his hearing. As a result, he did not start playing hockey until he was 12 years old.

“He is the type of kid that if there’s any way to figure out how to be a NHL player, he is going to do it,” Benning said. “He’s serious about wanting to be a player. He is going to leave no stone unturned to try and make it as a player. I have seen through the years kids that have this sort of intensity and they kind of figure out a way.”

Benning said Stewart will start next season with Utica.

“We signed him to a contract, he’ll start off in Utica and we’ll see how that goes and go from there. He’s a fantastic kid and a total team player.”

Archived