The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Spend the money NOW!

As the title states spend the money now in FA... rebuild next year, no matter what the result.

Sign: Stastny, Miller, Cheap Defenseman all 2-4 years max

This years lineup:

Sedin-Stastny-Burrows

Higgins-Sedin-Kassinator/Jensen

BoHo-Bonino-Hansen

Matthias-Richardson-Dorsett/Jensen

Hammer-Bieksa

Edler-Sbisa

UFA-Tanev

Miller/Hiller

Lack/Markstrom

With a healthy lineup Canucks finish 4th or 5th in West lose in 2nd round, or go all the way..Don't see them losing in 1st or 3rd round. Unhealthy lineup 8th or 9th in West, unpredicted result.

---------------------------------------------

2014-15 Draft: Deal Sedin(s) (Assuming their forced into waving or agree happily to wave NTC for the best future of the Canucks organization) and/or Stastny+ Tanev+ Prospect (+ our first overall pick) for 1st overall pick... Yes an overpayment must be made for this draft in particular. Draft McDavid.

Trade Miller or Hiller for a pick in the deep draft and dump the cap (similar to Garrison deal) for either a late 1st or 2nd rounder

Future Core Centers: 1C)McDavid

2C)BoHo

3C)McCaan/Gaunce

4C)Vey/Schroeder

Goalies: Demko-Lack/Markstrom

Just my 2 cents :) Please feel free to point out anything or criticize me, seriously I don't mind tips. :towel:

As the title states spend the money now... rebuild next year, no matter what the result.

Sign: Stastny, Miller, Cheap Defenseman

This years lineup:

Sedin-Stastny-Burrows

Higgins-Sedin-Hansen/Jensen

BoHo-Bonino-Kassian

Hammer-Bieksa

Edler-Sbisa

UFA-Tanev

Miller/Hiller

Lack/Markstrom

With a healthy lineup Canucks finish 4th or 5th in West lose in 2nd round, or go all the way..Don't see them losing in 1st or 3rd round. Unhealthy lineup 8th or 9th in West, unpredicted result.

2014-15 Draft: Deal Sedin(s) (Assuming their forced into waving or agree happily to wave NTC for the best future of the Canucks organization) and/or Stastny+ Tanev+ Prospect (+ our first overall pick) for 1st overall pick... Yes an overpayment must be made for this draft in particular. Draft McDavid.

2C)BoHo

3C)McCaan/Gaunce

4C)Vey/Schroeder

Just my 2 cents :) Please feel free to point out anything or criticize me, seriously I don't mind tips. :towel:

How about make sure we spend the money on players that will work well with the team, instead of blowing it on big names just to keep some fans happy.

Miller didn't show me anything special last year. I'd rather go with Darth Hiller.

Or just split the season between Lack and Markstrom.

I just don't see any big name FA's wanting to come to Vancouver. It would be nice if we get Stastny like you said, but at the same time it seems like you wanna sign him just for the point of packaging him in a trade next year for McDavid.

How about make sure we spend the money on players that will work well with the team, instead of blowing it on big names just to keep some fans happy.

Miller didn't show me anything special last year. I'd rather go with Darth Hiller.

Or just split the season between Lack and Markstrom.

Not a big Miller fan either, but I'm sure fans would be more happier with "Darth Hiller" than Miller, me being one of them. But I doubt he'd come here.

LOL why not? I know you were just dying to post that picture on someone's proposal, so without even reading you decided to post it because you couldn't resist :bigblush:

It's a great picture but,

Miller is not worth what he'll ask for, Statsny probably wants term and I'd rather see young kids fill the lines and let them develop instead of force new guys in just for the sake of their names

I just don't see any big name FA's wanting to come to Vancouver. It would be nice if we get Stastny like you said, but at the same time it seems like you wanna sign him just for the point of packaging him in a trade next year for McDavid.

That's the apart of the whole idea and to be a GM you have to think like one. I feel this year is our final push with this core of the Sedin twins, so we have to go all in no matter what people say about us being not contenders and what not. Then use those free agents, like I said no matter what the results, to package for a excellent and one of a kind prospect.

As the title states spend the money now in FA... rebuild next year, no matter what the result.

This years lineup:

Sedin-Stastny-Burrows

BoHo-Bonino-Kassian

Hammer-Bieksa

Edler-Sbisa

UFA-Tanev

Miller/Hiller

Lack/Markstrom

With a healthy lineup Canucks finish 4th or 5th in West lose in 2nd round, or go all the way..Don't see them losing in 1st or 3rd round.

No way. You're in denial. A heathly Canucks team as is might make the playoffs but who are they gonna beat? No one.

No way. You're in denial. A heathly Canucks team as is might make the playoffs but who are they gonna beat? No one.

I thought you would've know by now like almost everyone else on this forum that every team in the playoffs, especially in the West, is a contender because it's so even. Name me one team that never had a chance in the playoffs besides maybe Tampa.. it was so darn close in the games.

That's the apart of the whole idea and to be a GM you have to think like one. I feel this year is our final push with this core of the Sedin twins, so we have to go all in no matter what people say about us being not contenders and what not. Then use those free agents, like I said no matter what the results, to package for a excellent and one of a kind prospect.

You lose credibility as a GM when you sign a player just for the sake of trading him, it's a d*** move.

Maybe if he underperforms or something you could trade him. However I don't think any GM signs a star FA with the mindset of "Imma trade him later on"

It's a great picture but,

Miller is not worth what he'll ask for, Statsny probably wants term and I'd rather see young kids fill the lines and let them develop instead of force new guys in just for the sake of their names

Thanks for the response, and I agree with the Statsny part but I doubt Miller will be asking for a crazy contract, there has to be some realization by now about what he is worth.

Thanks for the response, and I agree with the Statsny part but I doubt Miller will be asking for a crazy contract, there has to be some realization by now about what he is worth.

I think Miller will ask for crazy term, 3-5 years, but not ridiculous money.

You lose credibility as a GM when you sign a player just for the sake of trading him, it's a d*** move.

Maybe if he underperforms or something you could trade him. However I don't think any GM signs a star FA with the mindset of "Imma trade him later on"

Perhaps but you don't win in this league with nice GM's. And you're right it may be a d**** move but I never said it has to be him I included the Sedins instead to... meaning trade other core pieces if we have to too. Infact Stastny is younger and would work well with the new core, but I doubt anyone would trade the Sedins for first overall Stastny would seem more attractive so I threw his name in there too.

I think Miller will ask for crazy term, 3-5 years, but not ridiculous money.

Miller has already let it be known that he doesn't want to play in Canada. The only way that I can ever see that changing is if no competitive U.S. team wants him or a Canadian team offers him oodles of money on a 3-5 year contract.

Unfortunately for Miller there are not very many teams that are in the market for a slightly above average goaltender.

This years lineup:

Sedin-Stastny-Burrows

BoHo-Bonino-Kassian

Hammer-Bieksa

Edler-Sbisa

UFA-Tanev

Miller/Hiller

Lack/Markstrom

Trade Miller or Hiller for a pick in the deep draft and dump the cap (similar to Garrison deal) for either a late 1st or 2nd rounder

2C)BoHo

3C)McCaan/Gaunce

4C)Vey/Schroeder

Ugh...

1-Splitting up the Sedins this way isn't going to do anything. Henrik will be the first line center.

2-Jensen will not be on the 4th line, he'll be in the top 6 (maybe even 9) on Vancouver or the first line in Utica. Hansen does sure as hell not deserve the second line over Kassian. Also, signing Stastny suggests you want to make this a good team, but yet it still sucks.

3-Tanev is a much better top 4 than Sbisa.

4-4th or 5th in the west are you kidding me? That lineup will miss the playoffs, unless the Sedins become above PPG (I'd be really happy if they got 60 or 70 points again) or Jensen/Kassian has a really big breakout season. Besides, conference standings aren't even relevant anymore, except for the Wild Card anyways.

5-Get over it, the Sedins are retiring here. There's no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

Archived