The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Canucks will make a serious attempt at Iginla

I would love to see Iggy in a Canucks jersey! I was all in on Shane Doan a couple of years ago and in my opinion Iggy and Doan are the same type of character.

Sure, he's old, but as mentioned above, maybe that's what a player like Kassian need to develop further. I think that all players will grow with Iginla around, even the Sedins.

I'll take an old player if it means 61 points, +34, and 30 goals and 142 hits a season.

If we get Iginla just please don't pair him with the Sedins on the first line. They need youth around them (probably the only thing that I agreed with when Torts was here and even said when he left- Inject the youth in this club) and a young winger like Jensen or Kassian really helps. Or even maybe if things are really critical split them:

Sedin-Stastny-Kassian- If Daniel gets on top of his game again, this could be a dangerous line

Burrows-Sedin-Jensen- They were good as a 1st line now imagine them to be ever better as a second line facing second liners

OR

Sedin-Sedin-Jensen- Only if twins play well together like in the past and Jensen is ready to take such a big role

Burrows-Stastny-Kassian

Don't really know where Iginla would fit in with this club, spending the extra dollars on a younger more reliable piece like Paul Stastny makes much more sense.

Good luck getting Stastny

Iggy had 30 goals playing for the Bruins - how many do you think he could get playing with the Sedins?

Plus, my brother is a huge Flamez fan and Iggy as a Canuck would piss him off - it would be priceless.

Ya it would be great for razzin the flames fans haha I'd buy the iggy jersey just for a season if we signed him. Running into a flames fan at the pub while wearing your blue iggy jersey would be priceless.

remember linden's last game when iggy had the flames skate over to honour him and linden told iggy "you're the best player in the game"? that was pretty classy on both parts. seems like they still hold each other in really high regard.

Our forwards would be something like this:

Sedin - Sedin - Iggy

Burrows/Higgins - Bonino - Kassian/Burrows

Jensen/Higgins - Matthias - Kassian/Jensen

Hansen - Richardson - Dorsett

That is surprisingly a good(ish) lineup with a lot of "give 100%" guys in there. Add in Miller with our solid D-corps and we actually look like a half decent team. Wouldnt call it contender status unless the stars align but still really solid.

Good points.

I hope we are not going to further delay this team becoming a contender just to put bums on seats. I would far rather see decent trades for younger players.

I have nothing against Michalek or Iginla but to me they are only delaying the inevitable. I would far rather package Higgins/Hansen/Burr to teams for picks or prospects and sign someone like Niskanen.

We should also consider making room for players like Gaunce, Horvat, or Shink if they have good pre-seasons.

As for Ehrhoff, you can't turn the clock back especially in sport.

do you not pay attention to what's happening with the team? The rebuild is, more or less complete, and there's a competitive on the ice to boot. The kids will go back to JR or to Utica and JB's shrewd moves allows them time to develop the way they need to develop before moving to the big club.

Wake up Rip Van Winkle, the ship has been righted

Id overpay him if its on a 2-year deal. Id rather have Iginla then Miller. They obviously arent tanking so im not going to get my heart set on a top 2015 draft pick lol

Why not both? We got the money, if we're getting iggy might as well get the best goalie on the market. It might actually be more enticing to iggy if we get a goalie of miller caliber.

Archived