• Announcements

• StealthNuck

Forum-specific Rules   07/11/2017

These are board specific rules for the Trades and Rumors forum designed to provide organization and a better experience for everyone. Please review these rules before posting new threads. 
        THREAD ETIQUETTE   1. Please search for an existing thread before posting. This forum can be very fast moving, so it's understandable if redundant threads are inadvertently posted. In such a case, please use the report feature to request removal of redundant threads.    2. Provide a clearly identifiable topic title so that users can readily understand the content. The title should include any and all teams involved, as well as player names or other personnel involved as appropriate.   3. All trades, signings, rumors and other news MUST include a linkable source. Simply posting the name of the source is not enough. Effort should also be made to copy and paste the full article, or at the very least the relevant portion of text from the source to the first post of the thread. Moderators may remove low-quality threads in favour of high-quality threads. 

Affixed to the front of your title should be a label that identifies the type of transaction that is taking place. For all trades use [TRADE]. For all signings use [SIGNING]. For all waiver-wire transactions use [WAIVERS]. For all rumours use [RUMOUR].
      For articles or news items that don't fit into the above categories, affix an appropriate label of your choice such as [NEWS], [ARTICLE] or [MISC].   4. When the status of a thread changes a new thread can be created. The new thread should reflect the change and help focus the discussion on current events. e.g. Someone may create a new thread when a rumor becomes a trades. The old thread will be locked by the moderating team.    5. Do not misrepresent the contents of your thread or post false trades or rumors. Trolling will result in a permanent suspension. 

SOURCES   The following source types are considered INVALID. Any links to posts or threads on other message boards Any links to personal blogs Any news heard on the radio that does not have a link to an audio vault or podcast Any news seen on television that does not have a link to online video Any news spread by word of mouth
      Additionally, certain sources may be be blacklisted due to poor credentials, clear traffic-mongering etc. Blacklisted sources will be posted here. 
      Thank you for your co-operation and please PM the Administrator or Moderators if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions regarding this forum.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

canuckbeliever

[Rumor] Canucks will make a serious attempt at Iginla

Meh. Why would Iginla want to come here again? Isn't the only thing he really wants at this point in his career a cup? I mean, Kesler just said the other day we were 4 years from being a contender again, if I were Iginla, I'd heed those words.

It wouldn't make sense from Iggys point of view. He wants a cup why would he come here?

He's finished, give me Cammy please!

It's rumoured he wants a long-term deal worth 5+ per season.

No thanks.

30 goals last year is finished?

Perfect for one year, but he probably wants longer term.

Meh. Why would Iginla want to come here again? Isn't the only thing he really wants at this point in his career a cup? I mean, Kesler just said the other day we were 4 years from being a contender again, if I were Iginla, I'd heed those words.

I don't care what Kesler said, people should listen to management which is they are not rebuilding and are trying to build a competitive team for next season.

If Vancouver added solid netminder through free agency and say an offensive winger and / or Iginla, they could be a solid team for next year. I wouldn't say favorites but I see them as a Playoff team next year.

Most players in this day and age wouldn't care, but I think Iggy refuses to join the Canucks out of respect to his fans in CAL.

Would be like seeing Trev in Flames Jersey.

Although he fits the bill as an offensive player I am not sure he is the type Vancouver needs. At five years that is too long and not a smart signing.

I don't care what Kesler said, people should listen to management which is they are not rebuilding and are trying to build a competitive team for next season.

If Vancouver added solid netminder through free agency and say an offensive winger and / or Iginla, they could be a solid team for next year. I wouldn't say favorites but I see them as a Playoff team next year.

A playoff team? I don't know about that. You have to deal with SJ, ANA, LA, COL, CHI, STL, MIN, and then there's DAL and NSH on the rise. EDM, who the hell knows when they'll finally break out (Although they have zero defence)

Our team isn't exactly in the best position to "remain competitive" with many of those teams I listed either in solid positions or on the rise.

Although it would be nice to see a true trigger man for the Sedins, from a management point of view it doesn't make sense. I would like to see the team go younger. But that's just my opinion.

This is not bs. Heard something very similar from someone within the two months.

They're willing to show him the money, but they're scared of term.

Iginla has no reason to come here unless he wants to have a mentor-type role in the lineup.. At this stage in his career, why the hell would he want that? He wants a cup..

If Linden can convince him they plan to spend to the cap, he might be convinced to sign for 1 year.

There was definitely interest from him to come here in the past.