The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Ryan Miller to Vancouver Thread

I'm going to puke if we land miller because I've never liked him and always thought he was overrated. Also, I believe in eddie lack! However, if we do land miller, I expect lack to beat out miller which would then lead to miller pouting if he starts getting benched in favour of lack. Just a bad scenario all around which should be avoided.

You have no trust in Eddie Lack? Give him a shot at being a starter for god sakes, he deserves it. He's been under Luongo for a bit, he's shown he can start games if it doesn't go well then acquire a cheap backup via trade or sign. I don't know why you think we need to go big and sign Ryan Miller, that's just a waste of cap space. Just sign Marty Brodeur to develop Lack if you don't want to give Lack an opportunity. This is all in a span of 5-6 years, what a waste of time.

You wield hyperbole like a shotgun, you should try yoga.

It's not a matter of trust in Eddie or the lack of. It's asset management. Certainly not anything that should have you frothing at the mouth at my idea as much as you are.

We use to have the Miller Light commercials back during the west coast express days didnt we? The silver bullet? was that Miller? :D

Nevermind it was Coors lol. Im down for Miller time if we are trading one of Lack or Markstrom in a package for a top d man or top 6 help.

You wield hyperbole like a shotgun, you should try yoga.

It's not a matter of trust in Eddie or the lack of. It's asset management. Certainly not anything that should have you frothing at the mouth at my idea as much as you are.

Asset management by trading a young goaltender that is reaching his prime? LIke Cory Schneider? Let's just keep trading young goaltenders when they start becoming good because that's some good asset management!

Are you going to trade Demko when he starts becoming good too? :lol:

Dude is too skinny and lanky ... now with the restriction on goalie pad size ... gives up too much room.

He lost me with his playoff performance with St. Louis ... not that we need him to take us far into the playoffs.

This would be Benning's first major mistake ... Trevor, talk him out of it or veto him.

Please tell me you're kidding ... $6m? What the hell for ... why would you waste it on that position in our rebuild? We don't need to spend that much in that position !! Save it for a stud Dman

What stud dman would you like that is available???

Overpay on annuall salary to take down term. He is a stop gap that allows Lack to still get used to playing as a full-time guy and how to be a professional while still being competitive, the direction of the front office per what they've said.

Personally I would want a 1 year deal but dont think Miller takes it and I stated my offer based on liklihood of this actually happening and the likely price it would take.

Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke 1m
Ferraro "if you're going to sign R.Miller for 3 years $16 why not approach Cam Ward because contract is less and shorter?"
This. I like Ward more than Miller.

Ferraro "if you're going to sign R.Miller for 3 years $16 why not approach Cam Ward because contract is less and shorter?"

Because cam ward is terrible these days! I don't want any of ward, miller, hiller, niemi, etc. I believe in lack and if they don't trust markstrom, then get a veteran backup not a goalie who wants to be a number 1 still.

We just need a reliable veteran goalie to play 25-30 games and give Lack a legitimate try at being starter with 45-50 game range with rest.

I didn't think Lack was ready to start at the end of last year and going 19 straight or something stupid like that was just idiodical but I do think he has what it takes to grow into starter role in a year or two. Which might be the time to get some of our young players into solid players with a mix of veterans.

Uh, maybe because you would have to give up assets to get Ward, opposed to Miller?

Because cam ward is terrible these days! I don't want any of ward, miller, hiller, niemi, etc. I believe in lack and if they don't trust markstrom, then get a veteran backup not a goalie who wants to be a number 1 still.

^^ this

Uh, maybe because you would have to give up assets to get Ward, opposed to Miller?

Cam Ward isn't very expensive.

That's true but Ward>Miller for me because of the contract.

Who knows, Ward is a reclamation project sometimes they work sometimes they don't.

Archived